Must have accessories

txj2go

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I have no plans to lift my Jeep or put bigger tires on it until I have wheeled this stock Willys to its maximum, which I may never hit.
That's a good plan. There are very few places a Rubicon will go that you won't be able to go. To make a significant difference in capability you have to do big upgrades.
Advertisement

davewald

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly

Micky

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
These are vital and are used a lot, a pocket knife, towel/blanket, first aid, gloves, spare mirrors for door removal, wrench (for door removal), soft surf rack for surfboards.

Cowboy from hell

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
These are vital and are used a lot, a pocket knife, towel/blanket, first aid, gloves, spare mirrors for door removal, wrench (for door removal), soft surf rack for surfboards.
Definitely second the idea of a pocket knife. I never leave home without one and have a back up in the top center console compartment. a spyderco salt 2 serrated along with a victorinox tinker, knipex small cobra water pump pliers and a stream light stylus pro.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to have any recommendations for one? I want to pick one up before spring time.
I'm a firm believer in not skimping on the important things like suspension, steering, and especially recovery equipment. I opted for the Bubba Rope 7/8"x30' kinetic rope. It's parent company is Slings Inc, which is a long time supplier to our military. It's a bit more pricy than other alternatives, but the added cost is well worth the peace of mind when I inevitably grab it out of the cargo area and use it in a situation that I'm taking on the liability of someone else's property. A nice add-on is it comes with its own mesh storage bag, which allows it to shed any moisture or dirt and be stored in a way that keeps it from tangling up with other stuff in the cargo area.

recovery_rope_red.jpg

Dusty

First Name
Russell
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
1) Buy a 30’ 3” tow strap. You will get stuck at some point and it’s up to you to have a strap when you ask for help.
2) Buy a folding G.I. shovel. If nobody is around to help, you need to dig yourself out.
3) Cheap leather-surfaced work gloves.
4) A roll of Gorilla duct tape.
5)A small but rugged bag to store this stuff.
No amount of LED lights, sun screens, radios, or cup holders will get you out of trouble like this stuff will. This stuff is your survival gear.

Advertisement

Freeland Jeep

Advertisement