Sponsored

Must have accessories

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I have no plans to lift my Jeep or put bigger tires on it until I have wheeled this stock Willys to its maximum, which I may never hit.
That's a good plan. There are very few places a Rubicon will go that you won't be able to go. To make a significant difference in capability you have to do big upgrades.
Sponsored

davewald

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.davewaldrop.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Sort of, kinda retired....mostly

Micky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
These are vital and are used a lot, a pocket knife, towel/blanket, first aid, gloves, spare mirrors for door removal, wrench (for door removal), soft surf rack for surfboards.

Cowboy from hell

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 2 Dr Rubicon hydro pearl 6 speed
These are vital and are used a lot, a pocket knife, towel/blanket, first aid, gloves, spare mirrors for door removal, wrench (for door removal), soft surf rack for surfboards.
Definitely second the idea of a pocket knife. I never leave home without one and have a back up in the top center console compartment. a spyderco salt 2 serrated along with a victorinox tinker, knipex small cobra water pump pliers and a stream light stylus pro.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Do you happen to have any recommendations for one? I want to pick one up before spring time.
I'm a firm believer in not skimping on the important things like suspension, steering, and especially recovery equipment. I opted for the Bubba Rope 7/8"x30' kinetic rope. It's parent company is Slings Inc, which is a long time supplier to our military. It's a bit more pricy than other alternatives, but the added cost is well worth the peace of mind when I inevitably grab it out of the cargo area and use it in a situation that I'm taking on the liability of someone else's property. A nice add-on is it comes with its own mesh storage bag, which allows it to shed any moisture or dirt and be stored in a way that keeps it from tangling up with other stuff in the cargo area.

Jeep Wrangler JL Must have accessories recovery_rope_red

Sponsored

Iggy

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
1) Buy a 30’ 3” tow strap. You will get stuck at some point and it’s up to you to have a strap when you ask for help.
2) Buy a folding G.I. shovel. If nobody is around to help, you need to dig yourself out.
3) Cheap leather-surfaced work gloves.
4) A roll of Gorilla duct tape.
5)A small but rugged bag to store this stuff.
No amount of LED lights, sun screens, radios, or cup holders will get you out of trouble like this stuff will. This stuff is your survival gear.

Playbak54

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Occupation
Retired
Hello,
What are some of your must have accessories for your JL? I recently got an unlimited and wondering what I should look to get. Thank you!
I've attached a spreadsheet of my build and add-ons with priority and links for your review. I focused on recovery, security, comfort and convenience.

The first thing I added was a winch (left over from my last jeep) and made sure I had all the recovery straps, tree savers, gloves, tools, etc. I also have a portable compressor that comes in very handy along with deflators to speed up the offroad prep.

I then added the "trunk" from Diablolical, in addition to some good hood locks. I have the trail cam, so a front locking setup doesn't work for me. I spend most of the time with the top off. The sunshade is a must in TX. I also found some great "door off" mirrors that are way better than the type I used on my last Jeep. They stay where you put them and they don't vibrate. They also have built in stirrups.

These items were fairly affordable and easy to add. I also got the mopar mud mats and the door sill protectors. I made sure I bought something to handle the hard top. I'm getting too old to pull it off myself.

Hope this helps a bit. As we all know, the accessories are endless, you just have to prioritize what's important to you. Good luck!

Attachments

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
I've attached a spreadsheet of my build and add-ons with priority and links for your review. I focused on recovery, security, comfort and convenience.

The first thing I added was a winch (left over from my last jeep) and made sure I had all the recovery straps, tree savers, gloves, tools, etc. I also have a portable compressor that comes in very handy along with deflators to speed up the offroad prep.

I then added the "trunk" from Diablolical, in addition to some good hood locks. I have the trail cam, so a front locking setup doesn't work for me. I spend most of the time with the top off. The sunshade is a must in TX. I also found some great "door off" mirrors that are way better than the type I used on my last Jeep. They stay where you put them and they don't vibrate. They also have built in stirrups.

These items were fairly affordable and easy to add. I also got the mopar mud mats and the door sill protectors. I made sure I bought something to handle the hard top. I'm getting too old to pull it off myself.

Hope this helps a bit. As we all know, the accessories are endless, you just have to prioritize what's important to you. Good luck!
Nice spreadsheet. I added your red antenna to the Obsessed with Red thread.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...es-red-parts-red-upgrades-red-mods-more.6741/

Jeepmarkjl

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Marketing
Lots of ideas already for you in this thread so won’t repeat. Adding…

Bigger bank account or credit limit because Jeep mods are like potato chips- you can’t just eat 1. You get sucked in. It’s so much fun.

RER

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon XR
I see a lot add-ons for getting your butt out of a jam, along with aesthetics. But I haven’t seen anything relating to performance. I installed the following on my 2019 Rubicon, 3.6-Auto, and on my 2021 Rubicon, 3.6-Auto, Extreme Recon…
Best out of the box changes:
K&N Intake: Adds power and gives it a real nice engine sound on acceleration compared to the stock.
Ultimate-9 Throttle Control: This will not increase HP/Torque, but what it does to the throttle response, instant torque and shifting is unreal. No more pushing the peddle half-way to the floor to get it rolling.

Check out the link at (www.ultimate9.co) and you’ll be impressed. Most importantly, install only takes 10 minutes…

Sponsored

Ratbert

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AEV JL370 JLURD , AMG GLC43
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Software Engineer
Clubs

I see a lot add-ons for getting your butt out of a jam, along with aesthetics. But I haven’t seen anything relating to performance. I installed the following on my 2019 Rubicon, 3.6-Auto, and on my 2021 Rubicon, 3.6-Auto, Extreme Recon…
Best out of the box changes:
K&N Intake: Adds power and gives it a real nice engine sound on acceleration compared to the stock.
Ultimate-9 Throttle Control: This will not increase HP/Torque, but what it does to the throttle response, instant torque and shifting is unreal. No more pushing the peddle half-way to the floor to get it rolling.

Check out the link at (www.ultimate9.co) and you’ll be impressed. Most importantly, install only takes 10 minutes…
I put the K&N intake on my JLUR. Nice little improvement to sound, but it introduced a horrible dip in power at ~2,800 rpm. Noticed it on every shift. Not recommended.

Nash_Dj

First Name
Nash
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler WILLYS 2021
I'm a firm believer in not skimping on the important things like suspension, steering, and especially recovery equipment. I opted for the Bubba Rope 7/8"x30' kinetic rope. It's parent company is Slings Inc, which is a long time supplier to our military. It's a bit more pricy than other alternatives, but the added cost is well worth the peace of mind when I inevitably grab it out of the cargo area and use it in a situation that I'm taking on the liability of someone else's property. A nice add-on is it comes with its own mesh storage bag, which allows it to shed any moisture or dirt and be stored in a way that keeps it from tangling up with other stuff in the cargo area.

Yankum Ropes
7/8" Kinetic Recovery Rope "Python" [ Static 5,700-9,000 lbs] [MTS 28,600 lbs] [30']
https://buy.yankumropes.com/collections/kinetic-ropes/products/python?variant=35948007096476

Shibadog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sport S hardtop
Occupation
Safety &Fire Protection Engineer (Retired)
What are you actually going to USE your Jeep for? That alone tells you what accessories you “need”. If you’re a city dweller and don’t off road, locks and security are the stuff you need. If you are going to try off road, you need a snatch strap, a come along, an entrenching tool and a basic “survival” kit ( matches, water filter/purification tablets, some basic foodstuff , space blanket, etc) to tide you over if you’re hung up for a while. A Jeepis a darn decent rig box stock. Anything aftermarket is either to specialize the Jeep’s capability OR more commonly, for “the look”. (You know the deal, 6” lift, 37’s, winch and an angry birds grill to impress the kids at the mall or Starbucks). If you’re one who actually uses your Jeep, mods should be built around on how YOU use it, and the only way to know what you actually need is to actually USE the rig and figure out what works and what else YOU need. Some folks seem to believe You’ve got to spend thousands of $$$ just to drive down some simple trails. Frankly, that’s just not so. The folks who ACTUALLY do Serious rock crawling mod their rigs accordingly, but even box stock your Jeep will go far more places than most folks will ever even attempt.
Sponsored