Sponsored

king shocks for JL.....

Man-of-methods

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR (His) 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUS (Hers)
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m a few days post instal and the Ohlins are awesome

0D730410-DD64-477C-9558-EF595ADD72E9.jpeg
Any update on these installed... ride, handling etc. Are you still running stock?

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0

Hazmater911

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR, Silver, 2006 TJ (for sale)
Sorry for delay, I installed King Shocks with adjusters along with a steering stabilizer about 6 months ago.
My 2018 JLUR has no lift and stock tires. I plan for rims, 35,s and a 1.5ā€ leveling kit when tires wear out. King states these will still work. I did NOT go with coilovers, they were not available.
My thoughts: I love the ride at 8 clicks in front and 6 clicks in rear on the highway. I up the clicks when off road. The steering stabilizer made a huge improvement on handling. Steering feels tighter and more responsive. The rebound is the biggest improvement, second is long trail days with no fading. I love the on highway improvements also.
Whether or not itā€™s worth the money I will leave to you. I had the cash because I didnā€™t lift it.
These donā€™t turn JL into a trophy truck doing 80mph drifting corners in desert. They allow me to cruise at a good click on fire roads and leveled out the side to side roll on trails.
I know my setup is not for everyone, but is my DD and I have short ( cute ) wife who likes it lower.
I love the way the Jeep rides, glad I sprung for the adjusters. I hope this helps.
BTW - I was not unhappy with ride, or had any steering issues prior to upgrade.
Sponsored