JLAFAKASI

First Name
Lito
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JlU Sport S 2019
Vehicle Showcase
Had a couple life events to deal with and only just got around to installing the fronts today. If I have time tomorrow I will do the rear.

Install hint for anyone doing shocks in your driveway, just cut the damn fender liner and be done with it!!! The liner covers the upper bolt and yeah you can work around it but when lying on your back in the driveway it just isn't worth the effort. You can cut the liner easily with heavy scissors. If you do that before you get pissed off you will likely do a tidier job than I did.

Here is a picture of the stock Sahara shock with the King shock. It's a crappy picture but it looks like about 3" more length. I didn't try to do a compression length.

By the way, the King install instructions are excellent and the fit is perfect. Before anyone comments, I accidentally rotated the shaft when I was fighting the liner and so the dirt shield is facing the wrong way. It's easy to adjust, I will fix it tomorrow.

Took a quick spin to see if I would notice any difference and yup I do. In fact it is pretty dramatic. It was good before but you really noticed the heavier tires and there was sharpness over bumps. All smoothed out now and doesn't seem to have impacted handling at all. I can really the difference between the front and back, still stock, when going over bumps and potholes. Will have to wait until next weekend to get it off road.

fx7ZYdJgQz6HLCwfVMd0cg.jpg
NmkmcvKCQs6MfDkl5YYYtQ.jpg
I'm not looking at kings but the fox 2.0 to replace my sport shocks with on stock springs and height...Do you think that would make a huge improvement? I like the height as its not too high and easier for the kiddos to hop in....Also by chance do you have pics of your rig now?
Sponsored