First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU, 2012 QX56
Occupation
CEO
Place FOB in front pocket when walking up to your Jeep then gently grind your pelvis on the driver door making two counter clockwise circles with both hands gripping the top edge of the roof. Keep pelvis pressed up against door and slowly pull on the door handle whilst making a loud grunt.

Works for me every time and Im used to people staring at me :like:
What about the water falling on you from the sky a la Flash Dance?
Sponsored

jassem99

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Also experiencing delayed response during morning keyless unlock. Remote start not used so not a factor. Red LED on the key blinks every time I have my hand on the handle, but sometimes the car unlocks and other times it doesn't unlock; in both cases red LED on light responds. After the initial unlock, car behaves reasonably well for the rest of the day with a couple of confused moments during keyless locking. Problem exists since week 1 of ownership.

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
I have this feature and have had my JL since the second week of January, the proximity works flawlessly for me every single time. I have no issues with mine whatsoever. All of my door handles are very responsive and work perfect every time. I would think it's an issue with the handle itself then. Maybe one of the sensors behind the handle is defective

smithrd65

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL. BMW Z4 35is, Tesla Model X90D, Chevy 2500 LTZ
THE SYSTEM WORKS GREAT.

To unlock the door grab the door handle (ONLY)

To lock the door push the button (ONLY)

If you grab the handle and push the button your door will do nothing.

You have to do one or the other.

TRY IT WORKS VERY WELL.

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
THE SYSTEM WORKS GREAT.

TRY IT WORKS VERY WELL.
I think most people here are doing that. The problem is, that even when doing that, to unlock (just grabbing the handle), the delay is still there.

Remember, not everyone has been impacted. It's not all vehicles, so if you don't notice it, your vehicle is probably just not impacted.

Sponsored

Ntegtmeyer

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit, 2014 Jeep Patriot Oscar Mike Edition, 2012 Jeep Compass Limited
We had a JL with the same complaint come in, and my tech found if you pull the fuse under the hood that is in charge of all the hub modules and let it sit for about 5 min and plugging it back in that it kinda resets the system and working normally from then on.

Killians42

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL
We had a JL with the same complaint come in, and my tech found if you pull the fuse under the hood that is in charge of all the hub modules and let it sit for about 5 min and plugging it back in that it kinda resets the system and working normally from then on.
Where under the hood is the fuse located?

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My other car has had zero issues for 10 years. This is brand new and annoying. I’m beginning to hate getting into the vehicle knowing that it may not open and then when I start it I hear a brief whine (another thread).

So disappointing for a $60k (OTD) vehicle!

Midwest22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
My other car has had zero issues for 10 years. This is brand new and annoying. I’m beginning to hate getting into the vehicle knowing that it may not open and then when I start it I hear a brief whine (another thread).

So disappointing for a $60k (OTD) vehicle!
Just drove the Jeep and I have to say that this is becoming even more annoying. I hope @JeepCares sees this thread and can offer us more advice besides take it to the dealer.

One thing that I've noticed is that if I touch the tailgate handle, it unlocks quickly all the time, everytime. Honestly I might just get into the habit of touching the tailgate as I walk around to the drivers side. Is it possible to swap the handles???

I know there are comments on here such as "its a Jeep thing" but seriously, these vehicles are now priced in BMW and Mercedes territory and as such I would expect things to operate at least as they were intended. As I said above, I've had this on one of the first vehicles to offer this (BMW with Comfort Access) and it works without hesitation.

Sponsored

aug0211

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I know there are comments on here such as "its a Jeep thing" but seriously, these vehicles are now priced in BMW and Mercedes territory and as such I would expect things to operate at least as they were intended. As I said above, I've had this on one of the first vehicles to offer this (BMW with Comfort Access) and it works without hesitation.
QFT!

alltimesaresoon

First Name
dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
fiat 124 spider abarth
THE SYSTEM WORKS GREAT.

TRY IT WORKS VERY WELL.
for me, i keep the fob in a pocket. when i walk up to the jeep with the fob in the pocket away from the jeep, it doesn't work, when i swivel my hips the oppo direction like i'm sashaying, it works right away. wondering (tic) if it has to do with the titanium rod inserted into my vertebrae after back surgery

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@Everyone..

My system is working as advertised. A couple of days ago, I noticed I was having to lets say double touch the door handle to get a response. It went on for a day or so and then I decided to change the battery in the fob. As soon as I did the battery change all was well with the system again. So, was battery change fix just coincidental.. time will tell.

jassem99

First Name
Basil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
Yes, please share! I'll be happy to test a fuse pull to "reset the system" but I find it hard to believe thats the solution.
I tried removing the F10 fuse (KIN/RFHub) but it seems to have made things worse if anything. The keyless entry/lock continues to misbehave very often and at random but when the dealer tries to replicate the problem he can't. Frustrating and no solution in sight until Jeep acknowledges there is a problem.

glenville

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler jl
came out of 16 srt to my wrangler....the keyless entry does not work that well....delayed, or have to regrab to engage or make sure key is in better proximity, hard to say which helps out more so....but it does have an issue....
Sponsored