JL Windshield Sunshade

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
Well just got my covercraft and unfortunately not too pleased. The gap for the mirror is excessive I think compared to the post above with the Autoheatshield one. Also when put in there is a gap along the top of the windshield. For $50 that is supposed to be custom, not impressive. Bummer.
Let me know what you all think.
20180723_185126.jpg
20180723_185155.jpg
20180723_185215.jpg
20180723_185223.jpg
I have posted in the past, I'll do it agin here. Cover craft USED to make custome. They have not or have gotten sloppy for a number of years noticed in 2006 for my BMW X5. The next confirmed with 2009 mercedes. Covercraff is crap wrt custom. AVOID COVERCRAFT. They have never addressed this issue when raised by me other than "we'll replace it for free". Anyone with a brain can noodle that failure out.
Sponsored

Grousemont

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR, 2014 Roadster 981S, 2009 CLK350 AMG/coupe
FA1E8D4F-7B7D-485A-8049-0193D5E4FAB1.jpeg
A0700A71-470C-4570-A8D1-1ABA8EDC46B7.jpeg
Here is my Autoheatshield panel style..
It fits perfect, has the slight opening to get past the rearview mirror as it does not bend.. I had a roll up on another car and prefer this one..
I am ordering tomorrow! See COVERCRAFT....what a quality product will yield? So lame they have been. Given my past experience (knowing I have been a repeat customer) magnifies their failure. Thank you Ace! I haven't taken the time to source a real custom product.

Zazoh

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon Sting-Gray
Occupation
Software Engineer
You guys have discipline. Iā€™ve purchased in the past. Use half a season, move it all around the vehicle. Put in garage and find after I sell vehicle.

Now? If Iā€™m in a lot for an extended time I park facing away from sun.

palmor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, 2018 JLU Moab
Thanks for the tips everyone. Just ordered the AutoHeatShield with the discount code.

Andy2434

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Billet JLUR, ā€˜20 Mustang GT/Prem/6MT/PP1
Occupation
Retired/Leisure
Just ordered a folding sun shade from Autoheatshield. This is the only one that I could find for the ACC unit.

Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
To me, obsessing over every detail about our beloved JLs is going overboard but that's what we're here for; its half the fun!

BTW, is it just me or is $40 a little steep? I know it serves an important function but its just a piece of fabric! I personally like the one with a the wire frame that twists to fold. They're easier to handle and take up less space when not in use.

Check this out:

https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Sunshade-Universal-210TNylon-Reflector/dp/B0732R11Y2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1520814446&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=folding+sunshade+for+car+windshield&th=1
Update: I'm very happy with this shade. It's inexpensive, fits well, and folds small enough to fit in the glove box. I don't know for sure but I suspect it'll work with the ACC as well because the material in the center part of the shade is loose and will just stay below the ACC box. Worth every penny. :like:

JohnnyJLUR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Granite Crystal, 2013 Mazda MX5 Club
I ordered my sunshade from Autoheatshield.com and used the 10% discount code CARPRO. You can order for Wranglers with or without the ACC Unit. I have the ACC option as you can see by the pictures below. I Life in Florida and opted for the Ultimate Reflector Folding Series. I am very impressed by the quality, thickness and fit of the shield. Well worth the $50 and not taking a chance on some Chinese knock off.

Here are your order options:

All AutoHeatShieldĀ® model sunshades are MADE IN THE USA!!

STANDARD SERIES Roll-Up Sunshade $39.99

Standard Series Sunshades are silver reflective on the outside and white on the inside and are manufactured using a superior quality multi-layered metalized outer film. They roll up and are secured with a velcro strap for convenient storage.

GOLD SERIES Roll-Up Sunshade $43.99
Gold Series Sunshades are gold reflective on the outside and black on the inside and add a little ā€œblingā€ to the windshield. If the windshield is symmetrical, the sunshade can be reversed in the winter with the black side out to retain the heat. They roll-up with an attached velcro strap for storage. Please note: Gold Series side window sunshades cannot be reversed.

FRONT SEAT SIDE WINDOW SUNSHADES $46.99
Side sunshades attach with suction cups

ULTIMATE REFLECTOR FOLDING SERIES $48.99
The AutoHeatShieldĀ® Automotive Reflector FOLDING sunshade is offered for some makes and models. It is manufactured using a superior quality multi-layered material with a reflective mylar heat barrier that reflects harmful UV rays.

shade1.jpg
Shade2.jpg
Shade3.jpg

SeanD

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon, 2013 Acura RDX
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered my sunshade from Autoheatshield.com and used the 10% discount code CARPRO. You can order for Wranglers with or without the ACC Unit. I have the ACC option as you can see by the pictures below. I Life in Florida and opted for the Ultimate Reflector Folding Series. I am very impressed by the quality, thickness and fit of the shield. Well worth the $50 and not taking a chance on some Chinese knock off.

Standard Series Sunshades are silver reflective on the outside and white on the inside and are manufactured using a superior quality multi-layered metalized outer film. They roll up and are secured with a velcro strap for convenient storage.

Gold Series Sunshades are gold reflective on the outside and black on the inside and add a little ā€œblingā€ to the windshield. If the windshield is symmetrical, the sunshade can be reversed in the winter with the black side out to retain the heat. They roll-up with an attached velcro strap for storage. Please note: Gold Series side window sunshades cannot be reversed.

The AutoHeatShieldĀ® Automotive Reflector FOLDING sunshade is offered for some makes and models. It is manufactured using a superior quality multi-layered material with a reflective mylar heat barrier that reflects harmful UV rays.

shade1.jpg
Shade2.jpg
Shade3.jpg
I just ordered the Ultimate for my JLUR as well. I wasn't too keen on spending $50 but if the quality is as good as you say it will be money well spent. Thanks!

IRide66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Harley Davidson Street Glide 2019 Moab

Sponsored

kd5pff

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Rubicon
I just ordered the roll up version. I'll post pics when it get in.

Lgkaos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR

shade1.jpg
Shade2.jpg
Shade3.jpg
How has it held up?
A few years ago, we ordered the official Mazda folding sunshade for her vehicle and after a few months of use, the edges starting rubbing off and becoming super-messy. It was covered under the warranty so we returned it.

Now I'm cautious about all folding sunshades...but I still believe the "rolled up" sunshades are a PITA to use.
Sponsored