JL Windshield Sunshade

Brad41

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18’ JLUR firecracker red
If I had to guess, those were stock photos they probably use to show “about” what you’re getting. The description is correct. Let us know!
Sponsored

JeepU4IA

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Dodge Charger R/T, 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU
let's not go overboard with this....it's a sunshade.
To me, obsessing over every detail about our beloved JLs is going overboard but that's what we're here for; its half the fun!

BTW, is it just me or is $40 a little steep? I know it serves an important function but its just a piece of fabric! I personally like the one with a the wire frame that twists to fold. They're easier to handle and take up less space when not in use.

Check this out:

https://www.amazon.com/Windshield-Sunshade-Universal-210TNylon-Reflector/dp/B0732R11Y2/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?ie=UTF8&qid=1520814446&sr=8-1-spons&keywords=folding+sunshade+for+car+windshield&th=1

marv1294

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Student
OP
OP
se7en

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon X / Zynith / 3.6 Auto / SOT / XR
These sparked my interest, custom fit sunshades from weather tech
Hopefully someone reviews these before I get my Jeep but if not I’ll check it out and pick up a set when I pick up my Jeep in Illinois. WeatherTech has a factory store out in Bolingbrook IL, I’ve seen it from I-55 countless times

http://www.weathertech.com/jeep/2018/wrangler-unlimited/techshade/wrangler-unlimited-generation/jl/
These are essentially the same ones I posted earlier, and subsequently ordered from Amazon, only more costly. Weathertech is a great company and I'm sure their product is excellent. Again, let's not get carried away, here. Some are willing to spend up to $100 for a sunshade...I'm just not one of them. At a certain point, the law of diminishing returns takes effect. For me, $40 is max. Let's remember...it's only supposed to cover the front windshield and reflect light. I simply can't imagine a $100 one does that simple function better than a $40 one. As long as they are custom fit, and allow no sun intrusion anywhere, what more is required?

Sponsored

U.S. Marine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
I want the sunshade for the following reasons, 1. Keeps the interior temp down during NC's summer months, keeps my dash & steering wheel from drying out and cracking, and I want an exact fit of the windshield. I've tried roll ups and the universal round twist type that fits all, coverage isn't that great. I'm looking at $50 to $60 once different companies start designing them. Until then I use one that I had in our Benz that I modified to lay over the dash and steering wheel.

OP
OP
se7en

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

jstew182

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLUR Sting-Gray

marv1294

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Occupation
Student
What are you guys thoughts on ceramic film on the windshield?
I'm not too sure on the cost, I know it'll probably be north of $100 but the idea of the convenience of not having to put a sunshade up everytime and the UV and heat blockage all the time is growing on me

Sponsored

OP
OP
se7en

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What are you guys thoughts on ceramic film on the windshield?
I'm not too sure on the cost, I know it'll probably be north of $100 but the idea of the convenience of not having to put a sunshade up everytime and the UV and heat blockage all the time is growing on me
Film on the windshield is great stuff. Particularly Llumar Air80. Really helps with heat reduction...but won't eliminate it like a shade. I almost put it on the JL but decided against it. I use polarized sunglasses and you can see vertical rainbow lines through it while using these lens. On the side windows, I used ceramic (Pinnacle from Llumar) and can see them there, too, but not often like you would through the windshield. It doesn't bother a lot of people, but it would me...over time. So, I decided against it for now. I may add it later, though.

sisoul

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I found them a few weeks ago. They don't list the JL yet.

Mine will be in today or tomorrow. I'll post up pics and my review.
Talk about great customer service. I emailed Heatsheild.com and they replied and said they do have one for the JL and updated their webpage to reflect this.

"We have the Heatshield patterns for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. We just needed to update the patterns on our webpage. I informed our IT guy in regards to updating our website and he instantly took action. You should be able to purchase the Heatshields for your Wrangler JL edition on our website from now on. You can also contact us to the information below to place your order by phone. Thank you. "

Mid-life Wrangler

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon JLU
Talk about great customer service. I emailed Heatsheild.com and they replied and said they do have one for the JL and updated their webpage to reflect this.

"We have the Heatshield patterns for the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. We just needed to update the patterns on our webpage. I informed our IT guy in regards to updating our website and he instantly took action. You should be able to purchase the Heatshields for your Wrangler JL edition on our website from now on. You can also contact us to the information below to place your order by phone. Thank you. "
Really quick, but the picture included is the same as the JK. Hopefully just a stock photo, but I’d want a picture for confirmation.

JL Rubi Khan

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Limited Edition (#1525 of 1964), 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP
se7en

se7en

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Today, I received the one from Amazon I posted earlier. It is made of the same materials that the others I've bought in the past were made of. These lasted years of daily use and I fully expect this one to be no different. Craftmanship is excellent with no missed stitching and the velco is of high quality. It fits perfectly in position with little to no visible gaps. Just what I ordered!

20180312_172423.jpg

20180312_172311.jpg

20180312_172648.jpg

20180312_172643.jpg

20180312_172711.jpg
Sponsored