Sponsored

JL/JLU OEM Windshield?

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
LOL, thanks for reviving a dead thread guys.

OP
OP
iflyimpilot

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Received my quote over the phone today with Safelite for the OEM Acoustic glass ($859.95 +tax). They're saying it's limited availability but they have an open appointment for mobile service this Saturday. Thankfully it's a $100 deductible for me. Will keep you all posted on how it goes.

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU
Received my quote over the phone today with Safelite for the OEM Acoustic glass ($859.95 +tax). They're saying it's limited availability but they have an open appointment for mobile service this Saturday. Thankfully it's a $100 deductible for me. Will keep you all posted on how it goes.
Hopefully, your price will wind up being less. Safelite quoted the same price on my initial call, but after contacting my insurance they reduced it considerably at installation:

MOPAR OEM Acoustic glass for ‘18 JL
Retail - $675.00
Discounted price - $479.00
Labor - $106.40
Sales Tax - $38.06
Total - $623.46

Good luck.

OP
OP
iflyimpilot

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully, your price will wind up being less. Safelite quoted the same price on my initial call, but after contacting my insurance they reduced it considerably at installation:

MOPAR OEM Acoustic glass for ‘18 JL
Retail - $675.00
Discounted price - $479.00
Labor - $106.40
Sales Tax - $38.06
Total - $623.46

Good luck.
That's quite a difference. I'll definitely look into it, thanks. Did you take note of the part number on the windshield pre and post replacement to ensure it was the same one? Now that I think of it, when talking to the Safelite rep on the phone, he mentioned the word "antenna". Not sure if the acoustic glass with the antenna is for JLs equipped with nav systems only or if it's also for those with satellite radio which I have (technology group).

Sponsored

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU
I can’t get you a picture of the windshield because the county stuck my beach pass on the outside right over description!
Here are pictures from the backside just to test your reading skills::cwl:
E14FC5C9-D5EE-485C-82AA-6ABBA8B76A1D.jpeg

E85B252F-7498-4739-81B6-CBD6B0D95DB1.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
iflyimpilot

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I can’t get you a picture of the windshield because the county stuck my beach pass on the outside right over description!
E14FC5C9-D5EE-485C-82AA-6ABBA8B76A1D.jpeg

E85B252F-7498-4739-81B6-CBD6B0D95DB1.jpeg
Thanks for this! Looks ALMOST the same as mine except for a few markings (see attached). Wished I knew how to decode these things!

5E1BC010-6962-4189-8EDF-9E2CCF0D5AE4.jpeg

Last edited:

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
For your own benefit, you might want to call the shop that did the install and get the exact #. You will be replacing your windshield again. You would benefit by keeping a record of it. Of course, then you can post number here also..

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve just ordered mine yesterday with the dealer I’ll post the cost when it arrives. Does anyone have any thoughts on accessories that may cut the chances down of stones hitting the windshield?
I looked into this because every Wrangler I've ridden in no matter how new or old has cracked windshields. There's some crappy film you can put on it that people complain about having to see through. Aside from that the moral was to "stay far behind trucks" and "get 0 glass replacement deductible on your insurance.".. Lowering my deductible from $1k to $0 at Geico raised my insurance for my 2 cars (33yo) $40/mo total.

Strifehero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
I looked into this because every Wrangler I've ridden in no matter how new or old has cracked windshields. There's some crappy film you can put on it that people complain about having to see through. Aside from that the moral was to "stay far behind trucks" and "get 0 glass replacement deductible on your insurance.".. Lowering my deductible from $1k to $0 at Geico raised my insurance for my 2 cars (33yo) $40/mo total.
This is the most helpful post yet. Checking on this now as my JLUR already is cracked halfway up and basically all the way across. Love Colorado!

Sponsored

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is the most helpful post yet. Checking on this now as my JLUR already is cracked halfway up and basically all the way across. Love Colorado!
It really bugs me that there isn't a better solution and Jeep guys just kinda went "well, it's part of owning a Jeep!" I've got a bunch of Jeep friends (I'm new) and they regularly drop $800 on new windshields. I wonder how much revenue Jeep gets off these OEM windows.

In Florida you're legally required one windshield a year. Wouldn't bother me there.

Kajmcbride

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep TJ, 2005 Dodge Ram, 2018 JLU Rubicon
I was quoted $700 in Reno to have my windshield replaced with the OEM acoustic glass. The shop has to order the glass through the dealer and there is a 7 to 10 day lead time. It seems that the dealer is the only source and no one is making a aftermarket acoustic replacement windshields yet.

It seems that the windshield should be priced similar to the JK windshields for the glass and the labor except for the acoustic glass. I had a JK windshield replaced and opted for the aftermarket glass which didn't have the Jeep logo at the mirror attachment area, because it was about 40% cheaper then the OEM option. One other thing is the JL does not have the mirror attached to the glass. Lastly, I wonder when Quadratec may begin selling JL windshields.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Mine broke Wed night. Luckily when I contacted Jeep Wave to complain about the missing offroad pages, they gave me the Mopar Appearance Plus protection package. The new windshield should be here Monday and it's costing me nothing to replace, all because Jeep left out the offroad pages..haahahaha:rock::cwl::rock::cwl:

OP
OP
iflyimpilot

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a quick update. Got my replacement glass today, and per @Redwrangler 's post (post #19), the list price came out to much less than what I had been quoted for with the OEM windshield -- $675 list price. If it helps anyone, I attached a snip of the receipt with the Part number, list price, and type of Urethane used.

Part Subtotal.................$273.00
Flat Labor Subtotal.......$121.80
Subtotal........................$394.80
Sales Tax......................$16.38
Total..............................$411.18

(Paid $100 deductible through my insurance)

Capture.PNG
Sponsored