Sponsored

JL/JLU OEM Windshield?

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
Has anyone had the (unfortunate) luck of needing to get the windshield replaced on their JL? Wondering if anyone knows if OEM windshields are available for the JL yet.

My situation is a bit unique. The day I picked it up, the dealer rep mentioned a few of what looked like scratches on the windshield. He showed me where they were and we tried to get a feel for them but couldn't seem to feel any grooves and couldn't tell if they were on the outside or inside. My initial thought was probably while the Jeep was sitting at the dealer lot, at one point, ice had to be scraped off the windshield and whoever it was probably either went too hard on the windshield or used something that would cause scratches (I've seen sales guys use a dealer metal license plate as a scraper before -- ugh). I was hoping they'd be left over marks from a plastic ice scraper but upon closer inspection they are indeed scratches. They're willing to work with me on it and will reimburse me after I get it replaced, but I also want to make sure it's an OEM windshield.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I would start calling local glass shops in your area and asking if they have or can get OEM replacement glass.

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
We have had two different guys posting here within the last 2wks stating they indeed got the OEM glass windshield replaced at Safelite Auto Glass.

I think, again think, they said windshield acoustical glass cost $400+.

Note: If scratches are fairly light, there are glass guys that can buff out the scratches.

OP
OP
iflyimpilot

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just for fun I used Safelite's online quote tool and saw these as choices. Quote came out to $850 based on my zipcode (not including tax, etc). This is for the one I have currently selected in the screenshot - Solar, soundproofing, Willys Logo. So that's gotta be OEM (assuming). I'll give them a call to find out, maybe even confirm the Mopar part number.

safelite.jpg

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
Just for fun I used Safelite's online quote tool and saw these as choices. Quote came out to $850 based on my zipcode (not including tax, etc). This is for the one I have currently selected in the screenshot - Solar, soundproofing, Willys Logo. So that's gotta be OEM (assuming). I'll give them a call to find out, maybe even confirm the Mopar part number.

safelite.jpg
I am not sure that glass is for the JL. The JK's have the Willy's Logo, not the JL's.

Sponsored

OP
OP
iflyimpilot

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am not sure that glass is for the JL. The JK's have the Willy's Logo, not the JL's.
I did search by VIN, but now I’m beginning to wonder..

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
I did search by VIN, but now I’m beginning to wonder..
I am in touch with a glass company about this, sent them my VIN, they will be calling the dealership they said. Will let you know what they say.

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer
JL'S HAVE THE LITTLE JEEP. LOWER RIGHT HAND CORNER.

Sponsored

OP
OP
iflyimpilot

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Would love to know as well if anyone has any pricing on the OEM Acoustic glass. Just noticed a few hours ago that a nice 8-9 inch crack spread from a small chip on the bottom left of the windshield :(

Jmjermaz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee
I’ve just ordered mine yesterday with the dealer I’ll post the cost when it arrives. Does anyone have any thoughts on accessories that may cut the chances down of stones hitting the windshield?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
I’ve just ordered mine yesterday with the dealer I’ll post the cost when it arrives. Does anyone have any thoughts on accessories that may cut the chances down of stones hitting the windshield?
We have had a few forum member's post what the replacement cost of the acoustical windshield for the Jl is. Seems like $700-800 is the range.

Redwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JKU
Safelite arrived this afternoon and replaced the windshield. First time with Safelite and am impressed with their business approach. Communication about dealing with my insurance company, difficulty getting OEM glass, appointment, and complete info on technician was excellent.

Wow, These things are expensive!

Retail - $675.00

Discounted price - $479.00
Labor - $106.40
Sales Tax - $38.06
Total - $623.46

Luckily I have zero deductible on my comprehensive coverage.
I posted this last week (4/3). It took two weeks for Safelite to get the windshield in stock.

Last edited:

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I know, I was referring to this on the JK windshields.

%2Ff%2F66477974%2Bre0%2Bar0%2Bst0%2F2014-jeep-wrangler-unlimited-willys-wheeler-rear-view-mirror.jpg
Willy's logo is the tiny, military style classic jeep. Like on the stock wheels on the rubicon.
Sponsored