Sponsored

How long before your first OEM Windshield Cracked?

How long till your first OEM Windshield Cracked?

• On the drive home from the Dealership

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Reinen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
The problem isn't the windshield so much as how vertical the windshield is. A rock that would glance off a passenger car has a much greater chance of cracking the JL windshield. GG windshields may be tougher but they're subject to the same problem. Many consider it not worth the extra cost.

Xorak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hellayella Sport, 2023 Reign Sahara
It varies.. I've had some Jeeps that never needed a windshield, and I've had some that needed them every few months.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I’m one of the few with positive things to say about Gorilla Glass. Some small chips, but I’ve easily filled them with a cheap RainX brand repair kit from Walmart.

Close to 17k on the odometer from driving all around Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, over to Virginia from Dallas and back, and then Dallas to Michigan and back. Lots of highway in various road conditions.

My JK, on the other hand, went through 4 windshields in the first 2 years and about 20k miles. I think I went through 6 total with that Jeep.

BaconKittens

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 JLR
Since my answer doesn't fit the poll, I'll put it here

1 year, 10 months, 8 days - over 20k miles

I witnessed the rock fly into the windshield from the SUV way ahead of me and in the other lane. It bounced off my hood and hit the window. I still have the dent in the hood to remind me of it.

Window replaced with OEM.

No problems since.

But now that I put this out there, I'll probably get a crack on my drive home from work. 🙃

Sponsored

WreckEm711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Sport 6 speed
Almost a year and a half exactly, then the crack spread from top to bottom. I just left it, not in a hurry to replace it when it's just gonna happen again soon and it's not in a place that messes with my vision.

Dailydrivenwrangler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021Wrangler JLUR
I got a chip about 2 weeks into ownership and the chip turned into a corner to corner crack within 24 hours.

I’m still using that windshield as the crack is under my wipers and doesn’t bother me.

Sponsored

OP
OP

kjchamberlin

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S5 Sportback; 2021 JLUR 4xE
I've owned serveral Jeeps and was certianly expecting a cracked windshield within the first couple years. however, at under 2 mos. old the crack spawned from a chip that is smaller than the tip of a ball point pen.