JL/JLU OEM Windshield?

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
snipe:
Just a quick update. Got my replacement glass today]
Thanks for your post.

It would be a real WIN here if you could post here, the actual OEM, acoustical windshield , part number.

Even if you could post a pic here that displays the OEM #.

Many have commented on cost ,but what is even more important is the part #. A lot of glass vendors are clueless of what to get. Thanks in advance if you can do this..

Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
iflyimpilot

iflyimpilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Volkswagen Tiguan 2.0T, JLU Sport S
snipe:

Thanks for your post.

It would be a real WIN here if you could post here, the actual OEM, acoustical windshield , part number.

If not the acoustical, say so and post part number with description.

Even if you could post a pic here that displays the OEM #.

Many have commented on cost ,but what is even more important is the part #. A lot of glass vendors are clueless of what to get. Thanks in advance if you can do this..

Absolutely! I meant to take pics but was feeling a bit lazy to go right back in the cold garage :blush:. Just for my fellow JLWF Jeepers, here are a couple snaps of the bottom left and bottom right markings. I'm happy to say this certainly is the OEM glass.

IMG_3642.JPG

IMG_3643.JPG

FatBoy01

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Wrangler Sahara; 2001 Harley FatBoy; 2018 Wrangler Rubicon JL (Ordered)
Occupation
Retired @ 55
@iflyimpilot

Terrific! That was probably one of the better forum posts today!

Now guys/gals can verify with the glass company what is being ordered or tell the glass company exactly what OEM windshield to order.

Thank you!

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
We have had two different guys posting here within the last 2wks stating they indeed got the OEM glass windshield replaced at Safelite Auto Glass.

I think, again think, they said windshield acoustical glass cost $400+.

Note: If scratches are fairly light, there are glass guys that can buff out the scratches.

Received my all white JLUR on 5-17 on 5-18 a passing truck threw a rock that took out the windshield, Just 110 miles old.
Liberty Mutual said to call Safelite and they are scheduled for 5-29. I won't settle for less than OEM glass with the easter egg.

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Received my all white JLUR on 5-17 on 5-18 a passing truck threw a rock that took out the windshield, Just 110 miles old.
Liberty Mutual said to call Safelite and they are scheduled for 5-29. I won't settle for less than OEM glass with the easter egg.
I just had my 3rd windshield put in on Friday. I'm used to wrangler windshields chipping, but both times a rock hit it and it cracked 6-8" immediately. This thing seems to go straight to broken. I'm glad Jeep Wave gave me that glass protection for not getting the Offroad Pages!!!!

Sponsored

First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Military
Just a quick update. Got my replacement glass today, and per @Redwrangler 's post (post #19), the list price came out to much less than what I had been quoted for with the OEM windshield -- $675 list price. If it helps anyone, I attached a snip of the receipt with the Part number, list price, and type of Urethane used.

Part Subtotal.................$273.00
Flat Labor Subtotal.......$121.80
Subtotal........................$394.80
Sales Tax......................$16.38
Total..............................$411.18

(Paid $100 deductible through my insurance)

Capture.PNG
was this at the dealer?

First Name
Jr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
Occupation
Military
I just had my 3rd windshield put in on Friday. I'm used to wrangler windshields chipping, but both times a rock hit it and it cracked 6-8" immediately. This thing seems to go straight to broken. I'm glad Jeep Wave gave me that glass protection for not getting the Offroad Pages!!!!
So Jeep wave covers the windshield?

Shooting or Jeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2019 RAV4
I looked into this because every Wrangler I've ridden in no matter how new or old has cracked windshields. There's some crappy film you can put on it that people complain about having to see through. Aside from that the moral was to "stay far behind trucks" and "get 0 glass replacement deductible on your insurance.".. Lowering my deductible from $1k to $0 at Geico raised my insurance for my 2 cars (33yo) $40/mo total.
Quick note: get the windshield insurance. Mine costs 2 bucks a year and has a 50 buck deductible. WELL worth it!

RubiRed

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLR, Odyssey, S2000, 911
Vehicle Showcase
@offcamber do elaborate what you meant how JeepWave covers windshields. I called Safelite not long ago and the OEM one was quoted to be over $1000.

Sponsored

WolfTec29

First Name
Gair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit, 2006 TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle
I know this thread is a little old now, but there’s great info here - and despite the raked back windscreen of the JL, cracked windscreens seem to prevail.

My 3-day-old JLU Rubi just copped a nut off the back of a truck. Hit tech on the screen and cracked 6” instantly!!

Quick question. I know we need sikaflex for the repair, but how has it taken everyone before they hit the road again. Dealer here is saying 1.5days for the repair so that the sikaflex is dry?? Sounds too long to me??

WolfTec29

First Name
Gair
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2015 Grand Cherokee Summit, 2006 TJ Wrangler Golden Eagle
Damn spell checker

Hit top dead center...

How long has it taken for repairs to be completed? Driving again??

RockAltered

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLR V6 AT & 23 Ram Limited 4x4
Occupation
Retired.
Mine went first day at 110 miles. Regardless of the deductible get a new windshield, they are in stock with a 2 hr install.
Then, if the deductible is more than $100 amend your policy.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
I know this thread is a little old now, but there’s great info here - and despite the raked back windscreen of the JL, cracked windscreens seem to prevail.

My 3-day-old JLU Rubi just copped a nut off the back of a truck. Hit tech on the screen and cracked 6” instantly!!

Quick question. I know we need sikaflex for the repair, but how has it taken everyone before they hit the road again. Dealer here is saying 1.5days for the repair so that the sikaflex is dry?? Sounds too long to me??
@WolfTec29

For the JL windshield, I would not go to the dealer but rather to Safelite. They will either come to your location or you go to their store location and they do install in an hour + and then you are good to go.

When you call Safelite, use their part number as noted in the receipt below. BEFORE you have a windshield installed, look at the windshield and be sure it has the same markings on the windshield as is in the other pic I will post here.

Also, takes Safelite little time to get the OEM windshield. Apparently they warehouse them.

Why a dealer for a windshield.. not me..

safelite receipt - JL Windshield.jpg

JLacoustical glass.JPG
Sponsored