JL windshield hook location

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
I just purchased my JL (and first ever) Jeep Wrangler. I have searched this Jeep high and low and have not seen the windshield hooks to secure the windshield from the video with Mark Allen.

Does anyone know where they are? Or did my dealership accidently move them?
Sponsored

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
I don’t know whether I saw this or just assumed it, but I thought they were part of the toolkit.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
I don’t know whether I saw this or just assumed it, but I thought they were part of the toolkit.
Check under the cover for the jack.

17FreedomChief

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Freedom Edition in Chief
I just purchased my JL (and first ever) Jeep Wrangler. I have searched this Jeep high and low and have not seen the windshield hooks to secure the windshield from the video with Mark Allen.

Does anyone know where they are? Or did my dealership accidently move them?

Since the frame underneath the window stays intact I would assume they are hidden until you lower the windshield.

17FreedomChief

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Freedom Edition in Chief
Or are you referring to the straps to attach it to the bump stops on the hood?

Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
If you are referring to the velcro straps to secure the folding windshield to the hood, not sure those are included with your Jeep.

They are listed in the Mopar catalog as P/N 82215717 for $29, which leads me to believe they have to be purchased as an accessory item.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
If you are referring to the velcro straps to secure the folding windshield to the hood, not sure those are included with your Jeep.

They are listed in the Mopar catalog as P/N 82215717 for $29, which leads me to believe they have to be purchased as an accessory item.
That’s absurd. I can use practically anything on my LJ, but they create a new custom strap for this without nearly as much flexibility and then don’t give you any? I really hope that’s not correct.

Adds impetus to my desire to put footman loops back on. I really like being able to use whatever’s handy to strap it down.

OP
OP
mquinn13

mquinn13

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler
Thanks for the recommendations! ill check after work tonight and let you know. I would hope they come with the 40K sport i just purchased.. I reached out to Jeep to confirm as well.

If you guys have any additional questions feel free to let me know I have been saving for my first Jeep for 3 years. I drove JKs and TJs in the past but I am in love with the JL handling.

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
The owner’s manual refers to them as cinch straps and, unlike the Torx tool, doesn’t use the magic word “provided”. That’s frustrating.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
At the 2:39 mark of this video he says "Additionally you get two tie down brackets..." implying they are provided.

Sponsored

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
That’s absurd. I can use practically anything on my LJ, but they create a new custom strap for this without nearly as much flexibility and then don’t give you any? I really hope that’s not correct.

Adds impetus to my desire to put footman loops back on. I really like being able to use whatever’s handy to strap it down.
Mopar makes tons of parts. Do you expect them all to come with your JL?
What percentage of Wrangler owners do you think actually put the windshield down?
Has a Jeep ever come factory with windscreen straps?

That does not make financial sense for FCA to ship a set with every Wrangler, and maybe 15% ever see daylight.
They are well designed looking straps that stay taut. Idk what you are going on about the footman loop for. There are two already on the hood. If $30 is too expensive, go to the hardware store and buy some hooks and paracord/rope/velcro and make your own. Or try finding properly sized bungees.

Demonstration takes you right to 3m40s

cinch.JPG

At the 2:39 mark of this video he says "Additionally you get two tie down brackets..." implying they are provided.
They prob decided to cheap out. Ill be surprised if we see these start to come included.

Rumblefish

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUR; 2015 BMW R1200GS
Mopar makes tons of parts. Do you expect them all to come with your JL?
What percentage of Wrangler owners do you think actually put the windshield down?
Has a Jeep ever come factory with windscreen straps?

That does not make financial sense for FCA to ship a set with every Wrangler, and maybe 15% ever see daylight.
They are well designed looking straps that stay taut. Idk what you are going on about the footman loop for. There are two already on the hood. If $30 is too expensive, go to the hardware store and buy some hooks and paracord/rope/velcro and make your own. Or try finding properly sized bungees.

Demonstration takes you right to 3m40s

cinch.JPG
I suppose that the same could be said for the factory jack then.

MockBarbecue82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeeps
I suppose that the same could be said for the factory jack then.
I don't.

How long have autos been coming with that included? There is major precedent there. One that has been included since the model T. A piece of equipment that gives you peace of mind for a somewhat common roadside problem. Try again.

jloyva

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting-Gray Wrangler JL Sport S, Victory Touring Cruiser, Kia Sorento
Occupation
Project Manaager
How about this for a thought. They actually provide the tools and instruction sheet necessary to lower the windshield, but not the hooks to secure it once it's lowered. Seems like they should provide all or nothing.
Sponsored