First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Patriot (for sale), Chevrolet Camaro (wife), Nissan 370Z
Vehicle Showcase
@tomines

This one is in fact sold by Auto Shade on amazon and it's part number is AHS-JP-22..... and is not a Chinese knockoff.
But it could be made in China or Pittsburgh for all I know.

It is being sold by Auto Shade.

Fits great and the price is aok. No big gap around the top or for the rear view mirror like some of the more expensive shades.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BMBM388/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

kkk.JPG
Yep that link points to the correct seller but it is for the roll up shade, not the folding shade. There is another seller called Folding Sunshade that appears to have the knock offs. Ive just had so many bad experiences with chinese knockoffs lately that i always check the seller.

Sponsored

Space ace

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
Thanks!

Thanks! Appreciate it!
You’re welcome..
this one I have has no gaps at the top, just the slight cutout for the rear view mirror, but even with that it doesn’t allow much light in..

redelses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLUR
I think someone else mentioned one like this, but I got this one for $14, chopped off the top (where this is a rearview mirror gap) so that the bottom half was 17.5" tall, and it fits like a glove to the windshield with zero gaps anywhere. At this height and the as-is width, it tucks into the gaps all around the windshield and has complete coverage. Wasn't ready to spend $40-50 for a custom fit that didn't really fit. It's a folding shade rather than rolling shade too.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06ZYQLZL9/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_8744.JPG
IMG_8745.JPG
IMG_8746.JPG

JeepJets

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Rubicon
That is the correct link.. it’s the folding panel style.. use the discount code “CARPRO”
So was able to explain the covercraft shade was defective and will receive a full refund for the order. I've gone ahead and ordered the AutoHeatShield folding one in hopes it covers better than the covercraft "custom" one. Fingers crossed.

Btw, thanks for the promo code. helped pay for most of the shipping costs.

Akbill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLUR
Would I need a modified sunshade for the 2019 Jl with the large adaptive cruise control camera in front of the rear view mirror? Anyone got one yet and tried a sunshade with that giant box in front of the mirror?

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
Best Quality sunshades I have a found are called heat shield. They make them for the aircraft industry are all custom fit they’re awesome. Mine will be in this week so I can post photos but I’ve used him in every car that I’ve owned. Another really cool thing about heat shield is they make them for every window so I ordered a complete blackout kit for my jeep every window for camping or sometimes I’ll just leave the back ones on to keep the headlights out. Great product

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@Solidaxle … I'm always appreciative of tips on quality accessories, but... and there's always a "but..." I gave them a look, and this is what was shown as a "representation" of a JL. The image of the sunshade looks nothing close to rectangular. I have no doubts that they're a reputable company, but did you notice this when you ordered? Should I be confident I'd receive the expected design, and not what's shown?

This is neither sarcasm nor meant to poke fun...that ain't me & I don't embrace debate. They're genuine questions.

heatshield.JPG

Last edited:

iznthesky

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon & 2004 Jeep TJ. Previously owned 1993 Cherokee, 1980 CJ5, & M151A2 while in the Military. For the love of Jeeps !
Ordered two for a JK. They fit my TJ and my JL perfectly. They were only $9.95 each with free shipping. Great sunshade ! And for only $10 I won’t hesitate to throw it away AFTER I find the PERFECT fit Sunshade for my JL...without the cutout.

But for now.....the $10 sunshade beats NO sunshade.

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
@Solidaxle … I'm always appreciative of tips on quality accessories, but... and there's always a "but..." I gave them a look, and this is what was shown as a "representation" of a JL. The image of the sunshade looks nothing close to rectangular. I'm have no doubts that they're a reputable company, but did you notice this when you ordered? Should I be confident I'd receive the expected design, and not what's shown?

This is neither sarcasm nor meant to poke fun...that ain't me & I don't embrace debate. They're genuine questions.

heatshield.JPG
The auto website is pretty lame, they primarily make these for the aircraft industry. the sunshades are very thick solid there at least twice as good as any other sunshade I’ve ever looked at. As soon as I get mine out of the box for my JL I’ll snap you some photos. I have had them in at least five different vehicles and they fit perfect exact laser fit in each car. If the window is square these will be square.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
The auto website is pretty lame, they primarily make these for the aircraft industry. the sunshades are very thick solid there at least twice as good as any other sunshade I’ve ever looked at. As soon as I get mine out of the box for my JL I’ll snap you some photos. I have had them in at least five different vehicles and they fit perfect exact laser fit in each car. If the window is square these will be square.
The "L" word pretty much describes it. Very helpful...I'm considering a few myself. thank you.

Bandana

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
FA1E8D4F-7B7D-485A-8049-0193D5E4FAB1.jpeg
A0700A71-470C-4570-A8D1-1ABA8EDC46B7.jpeg
Here is my Autoheatshield panel style..
It fits perfect, has the slight opening to get past the rearview mirror as it does not bend.. I had a roll up on another car and prefer this one..
I have to second this. Just got mine in the mail and it's super clean and well made. Comes with a storage bag and fits nicely under the passenger seat :like:

IMG_8820.jpg
Sponsored