First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUL Sport
Occupation
Retired but working with benefits.
..... hard to duplicate and gave 50 fault messages but was gone as quickly as it happened.....
This is VERY indicative of a grounding issue. Check all of the grounds! If that doesn't help, check all the ECU connections for a backed out / loose pin. Sure hope this helps.
Sponsored

Rustynail11

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
This is VERY indicative of a grounding issue. Check all of the grounds! If that doesn't help, check all the ECU connections for a backed out / loose pin. Sure hope this helps.
This, check your grounds. Haven't had problems with my JL but did with my JK. Had a loose ground and dash would light up like the 4th of July. Took it to dealer twice and they couldn't duplicate the problem. At the suggestions of few others on the JK forum I checked my negative battery terminal and it was loose causing the intermittent dashboard fireworks display.

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Here is the High amp fuse and location(oval in Red). I just typed into google High amp fuse Wrangler JL and that link came up..I clicked and it was live so I'm not understanding why it's dead for you.

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep nightmare! Jeep-JL-Fuse-Array

Jeep Wrangler JL Jeep nightmare! Jeep-JL-Fuses-and-Relays

Sponsored

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
OP, given that you have researched and seen the other related owner posts here (likely saw mine too), you know that those messages are all related to the high speed CAN BUS C messages being corrupted.

It is a thankless job, but unfortunately the only way to fix it is to find the harness or COMPONENT that is causing the noise on the bus. It is more often the harness or grounding or low voltage, but it can ALSO be a faulty main component on the bus (ABS controller, power steering control, transmission control, etc).

I will point out that when I used the Tazer and a couple of other scanners to read the codes, they could not find a code or would find only one or two codes. When I hooked up a higher end scanner (in this case BlueDriver) I was able to pull something like 2 dozen codes (CAN error messages). The dealer tech and I used that to narrow it down to the transmission harness running by the bell housing.

It is a bitch to track down, but it can be done. You may have to tell the tech that you'd give him/her $200 to cover their investigative time (because the Jeep diag time by the book are ridiculous - as you know).

I'd say don't give yet. If you find a tech that is open minded and wants to really find it, start pulling the codes yourself with BlueDriver or similar and bring the vehicle in when the fault is flashing on screen and don't shut it down, let the tech hook it up then. (I did that on the dealer parking lot).

Yes. I thought I too would have a lemon - but after fixing that harness, Jeep has been electrically solid like a rock (knock on wood).

Good luck.

Last edited:

Yankee1019

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 RAM 1500 Crew Cab, 2023 JLU Reign Willys
I recently purchased a 2018 Wrangler Rubicon. I immediately started having an issue while driving in which the check shifter light comes on and I lose power steering followed by a hots of malfunction indicators. I have spent hours of research regarding the issue and have checked every harness, ground, module, etc on the vehicle. In 3 weeks it has been at Jeep now for the 3rd time. They did make a repair to the harness by the ac condenser as I have seen on other threads but no other visual issues are present. I have seen tons of threads regarding these issues and some have possible been fixed but mine does not have any other harnesses showing damage or an open and all batteries are good and all grounds have been checked. Jeep is kinda scratching their heads as well. Any advice other than to get rid of it?
Have you checked the info in this thread?

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/problems.98106

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Dead link; "The requested thread could not be found."

Alternate intel here?
Lol, know how I know Rhinebeck has you blocked?

Same for me. He blocked me because I made a tongue in cheek comment about his love for very specific jeep products. He is apparently a bit thin skinned and sensitive. I even tried apologising but it was an instant block. Oh well, I can learn all I need to know about Threedom products and JScan quite easily I guess. ;)

If you copy the link and paste it into an incognito tab or a different browser, you can see it.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
If you copy the link and paste it into an incognito tab or a different browser, you can see it.
Son of a gun...that worked. Thanks, Dyolfknip! You learned me something today.

Here's a Molson Maximum Ice for your enjoyment. :beer:
;)

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I’m surprised nobody suggested it yet but start with the basics, check and ensure all fuses are properly seated.

swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What CEL lights are on? Do you have an obd scanner, I see you're a ford tech. I had a ton of sensors come on (ABS/4wd/TC/ABS/etc) when I had a wheel speed sensor voltage problem. It popped up as one of my error codes. I'd imagine if the connection sometimes worked they'd go away and come back. Have you lost actual systems (abs/4wd?)

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
You mentioned aftermarket winch and lights ?
Would it be a good idea to uninstall any and all such items, one bad wire/ ground/ indecent thought, can cause electrical issues on these sensitive electrical systems

Rossp

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sahara
I had this same problem on my ‘19. After 3 months at the dealer it turned out to be the Steering Control Module. A bit of a nightmare to find but it eventually got fixed and I have (knock on wood) not had any problems ever since it was replaced.

They traced and inspected most of the wiring in my Jeep and couldn’t find anything wrong. I was certain it was wiring based on the many threads here. Unfortunately, it can be anything, but check out the steering module.
Sponsored