How much????? Insanity

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
I just had my sales guy at Perkins build one for me as an employee just to see if pricing is available for employees yet and he said everything is still “all zeros”. Confirming Paul’s input.
FWIW.
Sponsored

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Smart Electric Drive, Wrangler 4XE coming soon.
I just had my sales guy at Perkins build one for me as an employee just to see if pricing is available for employees yet and he said everything is still “all zeros”. Confirming Paul’s input.
FWIW.
That's what the guy I'm working with said a little while ago too.

jimim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon, 2017 Tahoe LTZ
man I wish I can just call a dealership and be like "ya I'll take 2". just put it on my tab.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
Yikes if pricing does settle to that high of a number. Very excited about the 4XE wrangler, particularly with my new job being like 2 miles away....but I will NOT be throwing down 80K for that! It does indeed say rubicon, seems almost fully loaded, but damn!

My backup options are to go for a Willys or Tesla Y and give up the hybrid wrangler dream...(test drove a model x a few years ago but couldnt get my head beyond the 90K price tag....can afford it thankfully but WHY OH WHY!!!)

Sponsored

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yikes if pricing does settle to that high of a number. Very excited about the 4XE wrangler, particularly with my new job being like 2 miles away....but I will NOT be throwing down 80K for that! It does indeed say rubicon, seems almost fully loaded, but damn!

My backup options are to go for a Willys or Tesla Y and give up the hybrid wrangler dream...(test drove a model x a few years ago but couldnt get my head beyond the 90K price tag....can afford it thankfully but WHY OH WHY!!!)
If Jeep hadn't announced the Wrangler 4XE, I would have been all over the Model Y.

mnjeeper

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 TJ, 2021 JLUR

Living two miles from work would make me not care if I got 15MPG or 50MPG. Get some good walking shoes and skip the tesla.

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Living two miles from work would make me not care if I got 15MPG or 50MPG. Get some good walking shoes and skip the tesla.
That's pretty much my situation now. I went from 60 to 3 miles/day for my work commute.

I sure hope the pricing is released soon.

jacllondon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 jl rubicon granite 2 doors; 2021 willys Sarge
Vehicle Showcase
I am still not sure why the tax break of $7500 is advertised as discount . it is not. so I have a salaried job, after I do my taxes there are two options:1 i get a refund lets say of $1k ( $7500 cant be applied here). Option 2 IRS say I did not pay enough taxes so I have to pay back $1000. In this case I wont pay anything because I have $7500 credits. THats it, I DO NOT receive a check of the rest $6500.... SO go to the IRS estimator website to see if you owe or not.... Can anyone confirm ?

Chris Hall

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am still not sure why the tax break of $7500 is advertised as discount . it is not. so I have a salaried job, after I do my taxes there are two options:1 i get a refund lets say of $1k ( $7500 cant be applied here). Option 2 IRS say I did not pay enough taxes so I have to pay back $1000. In this case I wont pay anything because I have $7500 credits. THats it, I DO NOT receive a check of the rest $6500.... SO go to the IRS estimator website to see if you owe or not.... Can anyone confirm ?
You are correct. The $7500 is a Federal Tax Credit. If you only pay $5000 in a year in federal taxes, you would only receive $5000 in credit. If you paid $10,000 in federal, you would receive a $7500 credit.

Sponsored

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
If the 4xe is priced in the 80s, FCA won’t need to build very many. FCA needs the CAFE credits the 4xe would generate...why would they discourage sales.

StanleyCup99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler wannabe
yeah, those damn companies playing on the meaning of the words “discount” and “savings”

ever price out a Tesla just for fun? Go ahead and you will see the price YOU PAY followed by a lower price when gas savings are factored in......say, 55K vs 51K for a Y.... You’re going to pay 55K but they let you think that you are paying 51K.....

Shady marketing buts all over the place!

RubiTuesday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
What @Chris Hall said is a true statement, but it doesn't address your question.

Your ability to make use of the $7500 tax credit is not determined by the size of your refund (or lack thereof). Your ability to make use of the $7500 tax credit is determined by your tax liability.

Example 1: Let's say in the spring of 2022 you're calculating your 2021 taxes and after deductions etc. you calculate your tax liability to be $11,000. But, as you say, you're a salaried employee and your employer withheld $12,000 in taxes from your paychecks throughout 2021. Normally, this would result in a $1,000 refund. But...you bought a 4xe in 2021. You would get a $8,500 refund. That is because $11,000 > $7,500 so you qualify for the entire credit. This is what happened when I bought my Pacifica Hybrid in 2019. I was going to get a refund of $X. I then added the Pacifica and I got a refund of $X + $7,500.

Example 2: You calculate your tax liability as $11,000 but your employer withheld $9,000 (because you don't like giving the gov't a free loan). Normally this would result in you owing $2,000 and you cutting a check to the IRS. But you bought a 4xe, so because $11,000 > $7,500, you can claim the whole credit. The credit cancels out the $2,000 that you owe and you'd receive a refund of $5,500.

In both of the examples your tax liability was $11,000. If your tax liability is less than $7,500, you'll only be able to claim that amount. See example 3.

Example 3: You calculate your tax liability to be $5,000. Your employer withheld $6,000. Normally this is a refund of $1,000. Add in the 4xe. Because $5,000 < $7,500, you can only claim $5,000 of the tax credit. Now your refund is $6,000.

It is entirely possible that based on your income(s) and deductions that you may not be able to use any of the tax credit. But...that is not determined by the size of your refund (or lack thereof).

** I am not a tax attorney, CPA, or CFA. This advice is worth what you paid for it. This post contains words that have been shown to cause cancer by the state of California**

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Why is the thought of these Wrangler variants having a large sales price a shock or surprise? The tech, from concept to reality, is a very long and expensive endeavor. Money has to come from somewhere.
Sponsored