How much????? Insanity

robynE

First Name
Robyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sahara 4xe
Just an FYI get an estimate for a fast charger. The install can get pricey depending on where your panel is located.
Some states offer money towards purchase and install of fast chargers. Maryland offers $700.
Sponsored

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
I have had instances where that would not even cover the material.
My quote was $990 for a well respected local installer, exclusive of the charger itself, back in September. This was for a 60 Amp service to support any potential future EV. Fuse panel in room adjacent to garage, exterior conduit run (meaning along wall, not inside wall, not outside house).

Though the Hybrid supplement indicates overnight (12 HR) charging on Level 1 (standard US 120VAC) from 1% SOC will result in a full battery.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
Jeep site says sahara 4xe msrp starts at $47,995. Standard Sahara msrp starts at $39,500. Cant see options on the 4xe yet to compare build for build.
You can view the options on the order guide that is a sticky on the forum. Just make sure you view the December guide. Should be around page 23 I think.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
My quote was $990 for a well respected local installer, exclusive of the charger itself, back in September. This was for a 60 Amp service to support any potential future EV. Fuse panel in room adjacent to garage, exterior conduit run (meaning along wall, not inside wall, not outside house).

Though the Hybrid supplement indicates overnight (12 HR) charging on Level 1 (standard US 120VAC) from 1% SOC will result in a full battery.
I have had several ( I am an electrician ) where the panel load is already maxed out. What that means is the electrical service would need to be upgraded. Electrician should do a load calculation first.

Just a good idea for anyone looking into purchasing to check on first.

Sponsored

Pappy06

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4XE Ordered, GMC Denal Diesel, Triumph Bonnie
I’m building a house right now and had three 220s put into the shop side of my garage and two 50amp 220s put in for eventual EVs on the car side.. Dealer says the charger that comes with 4XE only needs an adapter for the level 2 220. Can anyone confirm?

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
Now the question is...will the dealers be willing to offer any discounts off of MSRP for the 4xe?
The best ones will. Maybe not to the maximum 7-8% under invoice right away, but to 5% i would imagine. FCA clearly wants to sell loads of 4xe units as soon as they can to lower their CAFE status. They'll be releasing 4xe versions of nearly every model in the next 18-24 months, so they need the take rate on the JL4xe to be impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer greater incentives to the dealers to move them fast.
Of course, all of this depends on whether the supply can keep up with whatever demand they can generate.

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
The best ones will. Maybe not to the maximum 7-8% under invoice right away, but to 5% i would imagine. FCA clearly wants to sell loads of 4xe units as soon as they can to lower their CAFE status. They'll be releasing 4xe versions of nearly every model in the next 18-24 months, so they need the take rate on the JL4xe to be impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if they offer greater incentives to the dealers to move them fast.
Of course, all of this depends on whether the supply can keep up with whatever demand they can generate.
So you think 5% under invoice is reasonable? Or do you mean 5% under MSRP?

Maller

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Mojito!
Many of us got 5% under invoice locked already. Check the recommended dealer list. Koons for us.

misanthrope

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Schwinn Homegrown
Occupation
Badass
MSRP? What is that?
Invoice is ALWAYS the starting point with Jeeps, especially factory orders. 1% under is the highest price I would ever consider, and that only under a rare and specific set of circumstances.

Sponsored

texasbryan

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 392; 2018 JLUR (sold); 2016 JKU (sold)
MSRP? What is that?
Invoice is ALWAYS the starting point with Jeeps, especially factory orders. 1% under is the highest price I would ever consider, and that only under a rare and specific set of circumstances.
Do you have a rough idea of how much markup there is between MSRP and invoice? Basically, I'm wondering how much of a discount to expect on a fully loaded Rubicon 4xe that might have an MSRP of about $60k? Thanks!

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
Let’s say you get 18 MPG with the 3.6 and drive 12,000 miles per year. That equals 666 gallons of gas per year. At $2/ gal that is $1333 per year fuel cost.

Jeep says the PHEV should get 50 MPG. So same calculation equals $480 in fuel cost.

the difference is $853 per year. So with a $20k premium it will take approximately 23.4 years to break even. Lol

that diesel isn’t looking that bad compared to those numbers.
You'll need new batteries every 5 years, so you'll never actually break even LOL

Gazelle

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe ordered 11/6/20; delivered 5/13/21
Build Thread
Link
Do you have a rough idea of how much markup there is between MSRP and invoice? Basically, I'm wondering how much of a discount to expect on a fully loaded Rubicon 4xe that might have an MSRP of about $60k? Thanks!
About $3550 or 5.91% difference between Invoice & MSRP for the options I chose. You can calculate it yourself using the "interactive pricing worksheet" but just realize that prices only appear for the standard models at this time.

sk00pie

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Willys
Many of us got 5% under invoice locked already. Check the recommended dealer list. Koons for us.
Can I ask which trim and options you added? I'm curious to see what the Sahara 4xe costs with only hardtop added. And you say 5% was taken off via Koons? What do they normally discount 7-8?
Sponsored