Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR?

Steph1

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLU , Audi Q5
Well not sure where you’re getting that number, but I gave the number I used earlier in this thread which are the same upper bushings that are found on JL shocks and are readily obtainable within a few days.

As for the lower mounts, nothing is needed. I torqued them and never heard a sound hinting that they are free to move down there. And if you pay attention, you’ll see that even the JL shock eyes are also a bit big for the bolt size. So 1/16-1/8inch more doesn’t change anything.

Last edited:

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Hi Guys,

68351974AB is still unpriced and unavailable to order at this time.

Sorry,
- Benny

Sponsored

Khali_mo

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro ZLE 1LE Jeep Wrangler 392
Well not sure where you’re getting that number, but I gave the number I used earlier in this thread which are the same upper bushings that are found on JL shocks and are readily obtainable within a few days.

As for the lower mounts, nothing is needed. I torqued them and never heard a sound hinting that they are free to move down there. And if you pay attention, you’ll see that even the JL shock eyes are also a bit big for the bolt size. So 1/16-1/8inch more doesn’t change anything.
If you find these ( 68351974AA ) I'll take 4 please, Benny. :like:

Khali_mo

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Was finally able to get a complete set of Mojave shocks, Springs, Hydraulic bump stops and end links. Has anyone replaced the bump stops yet on an XR. From what I understand on the Mojave the bump stops are bolt on, on the JL with XR I’ve been hearing that the bump stops are welded in. Anyone have experience with this? Also for those who mounted the front shock reservoirs on a rubicon do they just bolt right on? Is it the same location as the Mojave. Wasn’t sure if the different skid plate on the rubicon made a difference.

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
'18 JLR 2.0
Was finally able to get a complete set of Mojave shocks, Springs, Hydraulic bump stops and end links. Has anyone replaced the bump stops yet on an XR. From what I understand on the Mojave the bump stops are bolt on, on the JL with XR I’ve been hearing that the bump stops are welded in. Anyone have experience with this? Also for those who mounted the front shock reservoirs on a rubicon do they just bolt right on? Is it the same location as the Mojave. Wasn’t sure if the different skid plate on the rubicon made a difference.
Go back a few pages: https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...fox-shocks-on-jlur.40192/page-13#post-1915108

Khali_mo

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks AnnDee4444.
So it looks like you can mount the reservoirs with the rubicon skid plate which is good news. I see kevin was able to change out the bump stops. Was the install just bolt on or did it involved some cutting? I saw some videos showing how to install fox hydraulic bump stops but it requires cutting part of the old bump stop. I believe on the Mojave the factory bump stops are bolted in but might be different on the wrangler.

Khali_mo

First Name
Mohamed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok so here is what I gathered so far. The Mojave shocks are bolt on with changes to the bushings as has been discussed here. The gladiator Mojave or any gladiator rear springs won’t fit. And the Mojave hydraulic bump stops don’t bolt in, some modifications are needed. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Last edited:

Sponsored

longfiredragon

First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUW Sport 2.0 L Turbo
I know this goes back a little. But some are still interested.

Question is form reading all this. I have a JLUW sport, hard top 2.0 L. If I installed the JT Fox shocks and went with some JLURD springs off the diesel seems like it would be a nice combination for both on road and off and the stiffer springs may prevent some of the bottom out off road? And give some added lift?

Thanks.

BIOSYN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Ok so here is what I gathered so far. The Mojave shocks are bolt on with changes to the bushings as has been discussed here. The gladiator Mojave or any gladiator rear springs won’t fit. And the Mojave hydraulic bump stops don’t bolt in, some modifications are needed. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.
Did you ever get these things installed?

Howardlv22

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU EcoDiesel
for those who want to see what the washer solution looks like before and after with a little bit of superglue like a tiny dot to hold them together for install here’s the pics. Torqued to 85ft/lbs, no clunk or movement on bumps or dirt roads.
Jeep Wrangler JL Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR? image
Jeep Wrangler JL Gladiator Fox shocks on JLUR? 9A34D058-B9EE-4890-960C-527A91FE14CB

Raptorz

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler sport s
Sorry to dig up this old thread.

I decided to get some gladiator rubicon shocks, installed the fronts and they look and feel great. I’m working on swapping the upper bushing for the rears but having trouble. I rented a jaw attachment puller and was able to remove the bushings from a set of leaking red ruby shocks. What’s the best way to get these back into the fox shocks?

25D64F5C-5058-41CC-9F8A-32AB853C0C90.jpeg

06B34B15-2A11-4353-84CD-57C0334B015D.jpeg

catang5oh

First Name
Darrin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Cherokee
I used a C clamp and a lot of lubricant, soap and grease.
Sponsored