Daily driver or second vehicle

suzookus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
:cwl:

I find the Jeep to be so much more comfortable and less stressful, so I drive it most days. If I feel the need for speed, it's not the STI I get out. :giggle:

I'm looking forward to see which will be my winter favorite. I just love the Subaru with snow tires though.
I bought a STI in 2005 and drove it for 8 years. Was an awesome car. Turned hard like it was on rails.

I agree with you on the Jeep. Fun to drive. Love being up high. Find I drive slow as a default so no speeding tickets!

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Same here....drive Company Car all week, Jeep is my Weekend Toy! Sure wish they'd ask me if I wanted the Jeep for Co Car!
My situation exactly.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
My JL is my daily driver.
While my daily commute is only 17miles each way it takes me 30 minutes to get to/from work. I love every minute of it!

When my business partner and I both had JK's we decided to purchased a Civic hybrid due to us having to commute between two locations. At the time gas prices were extremely high, and we were both putting too many miles on the Jeeps. I probably drove that thing 5x in the two years we had it. Yes my JK was racking up miles, but man was that civic boring to drive. The funnest thing about it was competing on who could pull off the best gas mileage :headbang:
I've tried to purchase other "fun" cars to daily drive with other Jeeps I've owned, but the only time they were really driven was when a Jeep project took a couple days.

Sponsored

RubiconGaby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon granite, 2006 Rubicon beige, 1995 green Sahara, 1995 Sport aqua with splash (hers), 1995 Sahara beige (his). 2005 liberty and 2006 grand Cherokee limited
Vehicle Showcase
My Rubicon is my daily driver. I love it! I drive about 23 miles each way. Half highway half stop and go. Best ride ever! I. Urgently have the top off and weather permitting will leave it off for a bit. We have two other vehicles but I don’t drive either, the jl is my preferred vehicle.

Northeastbst

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Amaral
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL
Rubicon daily driver...its a fun, sense of freedom ride. Feel like a kid again everytime I get in!

I feel safe in my Rubicon. I look for flooded streets and bad weather.

I know I can move my family around in an emergency no matter the weather.

I could pretty much buy any car or truck out there...they all appear boring and lifeless to me.

Hands down, I am JEEP...in every sense those 4 letters stand for!:flag::jk: :muscle:

DesmoDog

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Ducati 851
Mine's a daily driver, though in the summer it has to give up it's space in the garage to a few bikes.

My commute is only about 25 miles each way, and we have a Grand Cherokee we'll probably take on road trips now that my Escape is gone. Unless of course those roadtrips are to get to some trails...

JurassicJeep12

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jpmotorpool.com
Vehicle(s)
1992 Jeep Wrangler (Leslie), 2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Land Raider)
Occupation
Warehouse Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Currently have a 92 YJ Wrangler used as a daily driver. Once I get my JL, that will become my daily.

Sponsored

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired
My wife and I both work about 2 miles from home, but the Jeep still spends 95% of its time in the garage. Had it 6 weeks and it has 350 miles on the odometer.
Had ours one week tomorrow and it only has 71 miles, thats going to change soon as now that i have it built, we plan on using it or 95% of our daily driving, saving our 2014 Durango Citadel for road trips, our 2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Dually for hauling our toy hauler. And i plan on driving my lifted, locked YJ every chance i get (cause I just love the little beast..:involve: )

walweb

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR Mojito, 1993 YJ, 2001 Ram 2500, 2012 Ram Dually , 2014 Durango
Occupation
Retired

MojoHanky

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU V6 6M ($299 lease and driven like stolen), BMW 335D (400whp/600wtq)
The JLU is strictly a recreational and snow vehicle for me, the same as my two previous Wranglers.

My daily is a 3.0 inline six, twin turbo diesel, DPF-deleted, straight piped, full bolt-on, JR 2.8 tuned 2011 335D. ~600 lb-ft and ~35 mpg:
Jeep Wrangler JL Daily driver or second vehicle {filename}

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Mine is a daily driver, 20 miles round trip commute in light traffic. We do have a Grand Cherokee which is our long road trip vehicle and wife's DD.

PYLDRVR

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito JLUR
It'll be my only vehicle (hopefully soon).
Sponsored