Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

krupa33

First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sahara
Yeah man, it’s fucking disgusting isn’t it? Makes my stomach drop every time I think about how fucking money I spent on a vehicle that literally is rotting away from the inside.

that yellow one is pretty bad for sure. Multiply the rust on the bottom of the doors by about 4 and that’s what mine was. Now imagine a Jeep dealership selling you your vehicle KNOWING the rust was on it to begin with.

hey @JeepCares, do you guys know just how fucking horrible this is for the people who have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on a car to drive it off of a lot just to have the paint literally FLAKE the fuck off when it’s hit by a gentle breeze? How many weeks/months we have to wait just for the hinges to come in, let alone have it ripped apart, prepped and painted; all while we get a fucking dogshit rental agreement for only 5 days when our shit is in the shop ranging (from this thread) from 3 weeks to 2 months? What about resale value drop due to corrosion repairs? How in the absolute fuck is this 174 page long thread not at the very top of this Entire forum and being addressed with letters and e-mails from FCA/Stelantis/Jeep notifying owners that “hey dude we kinda fucked up the paint on your car so we wanna try and make it right, let us repaint it”? Like we are just hearing crickets…can anyone even link me an official feedback from a reputable person in either 3 of those corporations that has responded to any of the shit we are experiencing with our vehicles right now? Or am I the only one that was fucking lied to by a GM of a Jeep dealership that “this doesnt

can Anyone on here with certifiable credentials related to this topic chime in and verify that having literally half of our vehicle RE-painted will not inherently drop the resale value when it’s logged onto the vehicles VIN under “corrosion”?

I feel like I’m beating a fucking lifeless horse locked up with rigor mortis at this point. Probably just wasting my breathe.
Sponsored

dogbreath650

First Name
Bobo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 LJ Rubicon
I feel your pain and the pain of everyone having to go through this. I also feel the pain of all the future owners as the 2023 and forward will also be crying as they watch their $60k Wranglers corrode because the heartless bean counters at Stellantis don't want to pay to change the coating process mid-cycle to keep this known debacle from continuing. Such a sad preventable situation...

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Reminds me of the time my daughter was in college and her car was totaled...another story...and I gave her my car to drive.All I had left was the Harley.The coldest winter I can remember,lol!Nothing but respect for the few that ride a bike for basic transportation.
Yea it’s definitely a lifestyle lol. I learned really quick about all-season gear. What a shiny beautiful day and kaboom…a thunderstorm you gotta ride through lol. I remember my first thunderstorm…I was legit terrified…but once I made it through, it was smooth sailing the other times.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
It's been almost a month since i dropped mine off to the dealer for this problem. There are repainting pretty much the whole Jeep. Here is some pictures of my issue
door1.jpg
door2.jpg
door3.jpg
door4.jpg
good gracious… SMH. 😞

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
Yeah man, it’s fucking disgusting isn’t it? Makes my stomach drop every time I think about how fucking money I spent on a vehicle that literally is rotting away from the inside.

that yellow one is pretty bad for sure. Multiply the rust on the bottom of the doors by about 4 and that’s what mine was. Now imagine a Jeep dealership selling you your vehicle KNOWING the rust was on it to begin with.

hey @JeepCares, do you guys know just how fucking horrible this is for the people who have spent thousands and thousands of dollars on a car to drive it off of a lot just to have the paint literally FLAKE the fuck off when it’s hit by a gentle breeze? How many weeks/months we have to wait just for the hinges to come in, let alone have it ripped apart, prepped and painted; all while we get a fucking dogshit rental agreement for only 5 days when our shit is in the shop ranging (from this thread) from 3 weeks to 2 months? What about resale value drop due to corrosion repairs? How in the absolute fuck is this 174 page long thread not at the very top of this Entire forum and being addressed with letters and e-mails from FCA/Stelantis/Jeep notifying owners that “hey dude we kinda fucked up the paint on your car so we wanna try and make it right, let us repaint it”? Like we are just hearing crickets…can anyone even link me an official feedback from a reputable person in either 3 of those corporations that has responded to any of the shit we are experiencing with our vehicles right now? Or am I the only one that was fucking lied to by a GM of a Jeep dealership that “this doesnt

can Anyone on here with certifiable credentials related to this topic chime in and verify that having literally half of our vehicle RE-painted will not inherently drop the resale value when it’s logged onto the vehicles VIN under “corrosion”?

I feel like I’m beating a fucking lifeless horse locked up with rigor mortis at this point. Probably just wasting my breathe.
Jeep cares is worthless. They just keep giving their canned responses. It’s a disgrace alright.

Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon

While I fully understand your anger, do you think the poor slob answering for @JeepCares is actually able to do anything beyond placating you and reaching out to a dealer? Making minimum wage on a PC sitting through 300 notifications an hour? No point in shitting on them. Jeep should be sorting this out at the upper level.

Chugiakguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wlllys Sport
While I fully understand your anger, do you think the poor slob answering for @JeepCares is actually able to do anything beyond placating you and reaching out to a dealer? Making minimum wage on a PC sitting through 300 notifications an hour? No point in shitting on them. Jeep should be sorting this out at the upper level.
Good point, Dyolfknip. It is never fair to take out anger or complaints against upper-level corporate decisions or actions on the low-level peons on the other end of the phone.

LLRubylady

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
was an ‘18 Rubicon Mojito! now a boring Mazda
I really wonder if anyone at the upper level is reading the posts in this forum. I would hope they have someone monitoring. May be the Jeep cares people are reporting back to them. They just can’t tell the forum what they do on the other side. Who knows.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Hopefully the class action lawsuit gets serious traction. Tesla uses a lot of aluminum in their cars…and their paint jobs are notorious for bad quality in terms of blemishes and poor application. Yet I’ve never heard of a corrosion complaint on the Tesla forums. Goes to prove the technology clearly exists to avoid this situation in aluminum body parts.

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I really wonder if anyone at the upper level is reading the posts in this forum. I would hope they have someone monitoring. May be the Jeep cares people are reporting back to them. They just can’t tell the forum what they do on the other side. Who knows.
Doubtful at best. We can't even get the people who sell these things to learn about them beyond it having a steering wheel and tires.

Sponsored

cbmjeep

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' JLUR Mojito and 03' Rubicon
This really sucks and I had mine into the dealer in April for this and they missed a hinge completely. I showed them and took pictures and the service manager called me once and then I can never get them to call me back. They suck!! Now I have more bubbling and on the hinge they painted!

I really hate Performance CJDR in Centerville, Ohio. They suck and my google review shows it!

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh
It's been almost a month since i dropped mine off to the dealer for this problem. There are repainting pretty much the whole Jeep. Here is some pictures of my issue
door1.jpg
door2.jpg
door3.jpg
door4.jpg
I just got mine back Tuesday. Between two trips to the dealer their contract body shop had it the better part of a month and they repainted all 4 doors, all 8 hinges, and the hood. A couple of my hinges were as bad as yours but the doors were nowhere close.

Bill_P

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2023 JLUWSXR
Occupation
Can't tell you..shhh

Maybe not certifiable credentials, but I did just get my Jeep estimated by three dealerships for a possible sale. Two of them knew about the repaint and the third one didn't. All three came back with the same offer of $27k. Resale to an individual may very well differ between potential buyers but I can say that I would much rather buy one that has been fixed as opposed to one that is still rotting away. YMMV.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Hopefully the class action lawsuit gets serious traction. Tesla uses a lot of aluminum in their cars…and their paint jobs are notorious for bad quality in terms of blemishes and poor application. Yet I’ve never heard of a corrosion complaint on the Tesla forums. Goes to prove the technology clearly exists to avoid this situation in aluminum body parts.
Never knew they had issues with this. My sister has one and her paint job is flawless. Going on 3 yrs now. I’ll take a closer look at it next time I see her.

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
Never knew they had issues with this. My sister has one and her paint job is flawless. Going on 3 yrs now. I’ll take a closer look at it next time I see her.
A Unicorn. My first one started rotting about a year in and it really started after 1.5. I traded it in shortly after. I didn't want to deal with it.

I didn't keep my second (JT) long enough. But I did go through an axle within 5k miles. No offroad. 💀
Sponsored