Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just went to pick up my Jeep after four weeks (they told me 3-4 days. Ha!).

The color didn't match. Not even close. I left the Jeep there and am expecting a phone call today to see what they can do.
Got a call from the dealer body shop. They have agreed to do a full blend from the door color to the body color, removing all plastics (fenders, roof, badging, etc) to get a clean blend of the two colors, at no cost to me. They will need the Jeep for another 3-4 weeks.

It won't fix the color difference, but the blending will hide it from the naked eye... hopefully.
Sponsored

Mattyp1214

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2018 JLUR
Taking mine in next Monday for initial inspection. I started with one area bubbling on the hood, then it became three, I found this thread, inspected the hinges, and sure enough at least one on every door has at least a little. I have 2018 with 23k on it, so hopefully under the 5 year warranty? I also have a 100k zurich extended warranty on it so hopefully if anything that will cover it.
Looks like some people had complete doors repainted, mine have a couple scratches so I wouldn't be upset if thats the case. But after reading through a lot of this thread it seems like it's going to be a long road ahead before its corrected....

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Went by the dealer today to take the photo's and information to submit for warrenty. Sounded like it would be covered but I waited over a year before going to see if more appeeared which they did.

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Mopar has approved the warranty work. The service rep made it sound like they were ordering a new hood and hinges. When the parts come in they will call the schedule the work.

TheNewGuy

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport S 2 door
Mopar has approved the warranty work. The service rep made it sound like they were ordering a new hood and hinges. When the parts come in they will call the schedule the work.
What year is your JL?

Sponsored

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
But all the bubbling I've seen don't have holes and are being fixed. I still have 3/36,000 warranty (so I'm not worried)...I'm just very confused because there's never been holes, yet things are getting fixed under the 5-year warranty.
Donā€™t just assume that Jeep is going to honor the 3yr/36k mile warranty to cover hinge corrosion. Iā€™m currently being ignored by FCA on a corrosion claim that was submitted over a month ago, when Iā€™ve been nothing but pleasant over the phone with them. Perhaps I need to start yelling to get something done about itā€¦

Crownline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Donā€™t just assume that Jeep is going to honor the 3yr/36k mile warranty to cover hinge corrosion. Iā€™m currently being ignored by FCA on a corrosion claim that was submitted over a month ago, when Iā€™ve been nothing but pleasant over the phone with them. Perhaps I need to start yelling to get something done about itā€¦
I've been waiting since the Monday after Thanksgiving!!! We're waiting for a truck we ordered 1/5 to be delivered before we do anything else. Not one word from the Jeep dealership since that Monday. I'm going to go to a different dealership and see if they want to submit a new claim or contact corporate themselves to see what's going on. I have a feeling that my original claim was never submitted... which is a feeling I've had this whole time.

So I don't think it's a matter of Jeep not wanting to do my claim. I think I would have had a denial by now.

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I've been waiting since the Monday after Thanksgiving!!! We're waiting for a truck we ordered 1/5 to be delivered before we do anything else. Not one word from the Jeep dealership since that Monday. I'm going to go to a different dealership and see if they want to submit a new claim or contact corporate themselves to see what's going on. I have a feeling that my original claim was never submitted... which is a feeling I've had this whole time.

So I don't think it's a matter of Jeep not wanting to do my claim. I think I would have had a denial by now.
Definitely worth at least giving Jeep Customer Care a call to see if they have the claim in their system for your VIN. Donā€™t expect them to be very helpful though. Sadly the dealerships have been more accommodating to me than FCA has been, which isnā€™t saying much

Crownline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
Definitely worth at least giving Jeep Customer Care a call to see if they have the claim in their system for your VIN. Donā€™t expect them to be very helpful though. Sadly the dealerships have been more accommodating to me than FCA has been, which isnā€™t saying much
Hmmm. Here's my private message with @JeepCares on 1/11/22:

ME: Is there a way I can check that it's really been started? The service tech I was working with is young and new. We've had other issues with him before on things that weren't right, so just want to be sure it's really submitted. So if there's someone I can email or something, that would be great. Because what if I wait a year and it's beyond my coverage period and Jeep says they never got it??

JEEP:
We don't have a party internally that we are able to provide sadly. Our team recommends that if you have questions you speak directly to the technician in charge or possibly a service manager.

Kate
Jeep Cares

So frustrating!! Had I known I could call, I would have. So did you just call the Jeep Cares number 844-Jeep-wave?

Sponsored

calbake

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLU
Vehicle Showcase

ME: Is there a way I can check that it's really been started? The service tech I was working with is young and new. We've had other issues with him before on things that weren't right, so just want to be sure it's really submitted. So if there's someone I can email or something, that would be great. Because what if I wait a year and it's beyond my coverage period and Jeep says they never got it??

JEEP:
We don't have a party internally that we are able to provide sadly. Our team recommends that if you have questions you speak directly to the technician in charge or possibly a service manager.

Kate
Jeep Cares

So frustrating!! Had I known I could call, I would have. So did you just call the Jeep Cares number 844-Jeep-wave?
Iā€™d try calling 1-800-992-1997 and walking through the prompts by saying ā€œsomething elseā€ and the make etc etc until they connect you with a representative. Have your VIN ready because it will ask for the last 8 digits before connecting you. Then just explain the situation and they should be able to look it up for you. Thatā€™s how they did it for me (although the first guy wasnā€™t able to find it and transferred me to someone else in their department.)

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6

JEEP:

Kate
Jeep Cares

Classic Kate, canā€™t be bothered to call and check the status with the dealerā€¦ Not sure whatā€˜s the point of Jeep Cares on here if they canā€™t escalate and check on a warranty claim with the dealer or if they even submitted one.

I would just call directly or email.

They actually contacted the dealer and found out they never submitted anything. All Kate did was tell me to go to another dealer without reaching out.

Last edited:

Puckn19

First Name
Quentin Corbett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I really think it just comes down to finding a dealership that will go to bat for you. I attempted to get the steering box replaced at Gettel Chrysler in SW Florida and their response was kinda baffling. Said they would have to do the work and submit the claim and if they denied it then I would have to pay. They would not submit the claim beforehand.

For the paint I decided to try Desoto Chrysler, they have a person dedicated to submitting warranty claims plus they have their own body shop. Drove over for them to take photos and gather all the information for the claim. Claim was submitted and was approved within two weeks. Bunch of they guys there recognized the jeep club from my banners because they work on a few of other members jeeps. Service manager pulled me in to talk Jeeps so it was a good visit. I am hopeful that the work is a good as the service visit.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Classic Kate, canā€™t be bothered to call and check the status with the dealerā€¦ Not sure whatā€˜s the point of Jeep Cares on here if they canā€™t escalate and check on a warranty claim with the dealer or if they even submitted one.

I would just call directly or email.

They actually contacted the dealer and found out they never submitted anything. All Kate did was tell me to go to another dealer without reaching out.
Hey, SH556JL. I just wanted to pop in and clarify my role here, as it seems there is some confusion. The social engagement team, comprised of myself and others; assists customers via social media who are currently working with a certified dealership toward repairs. We gather details and if necessary, get them in touch with a case manager that will then contact the dealer for the status on repairs or parts. We do not call customers or dealerships, since we are strictly social media based. I do hope that clears some things up. If you have more questions or need assistance with your specific concerns, I available via private message! Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
Hey, SH556JL. I just wanted to pop in and clarify my role here, as it seems there is some confusion. The social engagement team, comprised of myself and others; assists customers via social media who are currently working with a certified dealership toward repairs. We gather details and if necessary, get them in touch with a case manager that will then contact the dealer for the status on repairs or parts. We do not call customers or dealerships, since we are strictly social media based. I do hope that clears some things up. If you have more questions or need assistance with your specific concerns, I available via private message! Thanks!

Kate
Jeep Cares
I couldnā€™t get you to escalate and get me in touch with a case manager. I had to do a little research on how and reach out myself to make that possible. That was the bare minimum expectations I had from you team and that wasnā€™t done. Could have saved me a lot of time if that was done.

Zero confusion on my partā€¦.
Sponsored