Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

gbr

First Name
Gerald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Mine went in 3 weeks ago for an initial check. Many pictures of bubbles taken and sent to Jeep Canada. A week ago I got called back and some of the bubbling was ground off and photographed again and sent out. The grinding spots are now covered in black. Ugly. Now I wait for Jeep to approve the work.
Sponsored

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Wrangler 1999; Jeep Sahara Wrangler 2018 HD 2006 Deluxe
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
For those JL owners who are having this issue, are there some common denominators that might help the rest of us be on the lookout?

What year is your JL, what color, do you live near a saltwater, humid, or dry environment, was it garaged vs. parked outside, what hinges did you notice first, doors, hood, tailgate?

I would assume it's inevitable that this will happen to all of us, it's just a matter of time. And the sooner we catch it hopefully the more likely that fca will make it right.
Common denominator- All Wranglers- Jeep In speaking with my Jeep dealership Service and Sales people they (JEEP) do recognize the issue of not painting and sealing to prevent this from happening. They’re all made there same way so yes in time all will have bubbles. Go speak to your Jeep staff

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
I just dropped my 2020 Sahara off. Repair goes in Monday through Friday. No loaner offered, rental (enterprise) sold out. I had to take an Uber home $70 bucks.
@JeepCares I hope Jeep will be reimbursing me. I have all receipts.
If your Jeep is under warranty they have to give you a loaner fyi it’s in the warranty book

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
If your Jeep is under warranty they have to give you a loaner fyi it’s in the warranty book
As per the dealership

Due to COVID19, no loaners are given out, and also due to chip shortage and low volume on inventory. So I have to suffer and find my own way because of this manufacture defect. @JeepCares

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
As per the dealership

Due to COVID19, no loaners are given out, and also due to chip shortage and low volume on inventory. So I have to suffer and find my own way because of this manufacture defect. @JeepCares
As a comparison - both times our JL was approved for corrosion warranty work our dealer told us Stellantis would fully cover the cost of a rental vehicle. No question no problem. As initially asked the dealer for a JL loaner - but said nope to that as they would not be reimbursed. So agreed to the National rental and was put into a Jetta then a Civic the entire time - so got to test drive each of those. Useful as we have no problem test driving different vehicles to learn more about them.

Nothing ever mentioned about Covid or chip shortages or anything like that. So might go up the chain of command if not satisfied or switch to another dealer moving forward. Anything out of pocket you should definitely be reimbursed. Push back.

We love our Jeep for what it does and how it gets us to wherever we want to go. Not so much for BS dealers and BS contractors. Is sometimes amazing how gullible they think customers are.

Forums like this are our equalizer. Sometimes our advantage.

Sponsored

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
As a comparison - both times our JL was approved for corrosion warranty work our dealer told us Stellantis would fully cover the cost of a rental vehicle. No question no problem. As initially asked the dealer for a JL loaner - but said nope to that as they would not be reimbursed. So agreed to the National rental and was put into a Jetta then a Civic the entire time - so got to test drive each of those. Useful as we have no problem test driving different vehicles to learn more about them.

Nothing ever mentioned about Covid or chip shortages or anything like that. So might go up the chain of command if not satisfied or switch to another dealer moving forward. Anything out of pocket you should definitely be reimbursed. Push back.

We love our Jeep for what it does and how it gets us to wherever we want to go. Not so much for BS dealers and BS contractors. Is sometimes amazing how gullible they think customers are.

Forums like this are our equalizer. Sometimes our advantage.
Can you remind me who do I call to get reimbursed?
I don’t mind Ubering home as my wife has a car. I just prefer not to spend money when it’s not my fault.

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
Can you remind me who do I call to get reimbursed?
I don’t mind Ubering home as my wife has a car. I just prefer not to spend money when it’s not my fault.
“So might go up the chain of command if not satisfied or switch to another dealer moving forward.”

No satisfaction there - maybe contact Stellantis and refer them to this thread.

As well our dealer has no issue driving us back home then picking us up for any typical day service work - for no charge. Or calling a taxi and paying the tab. Seems yours is very tight and not that keen on customer service.

According to our dealer - Stellantis has no issue at all paying out to them the cost of the rental. Obviously though YMV.

Airtech22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Four Door Rubicon
2020 White Rubicon,
Mostly kept outside, not near water but still East Coast.
Has never been off road but we are still considered in the "salt belt" for snow treatment.
See's very little driving in actual snow.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
“So might go up the chain of command if not satisfied or switch to another dealer moving forward.”

As well our dealer has no issue driving us back home then picking us up for any typical day service work - for no charge. Or calling a taxi and paying the tab. Seems yours is very tight and not that keen on customer service.

According to our dealer - Stellantis has no issue at all paying out to them the cost of the rental. Obviously though YMV.

I'm about 50 mins drive w/ traffic from the dealer, they didn't offer, nor would they drive me back. I'm so stumped. The customer satisfaction is almost non-existent with Jeep dealerships. So i'm scanning in my uber receipts and service documents right now.

Update

I just called up Jeep Cares, and they told me they do not reimburse for Uber receipts.

Last edited:

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
I tried to get Jeep “Cares” to do it or at least look into and they wouldn’t. Sorta figure that’s their job. I was advised to go to another dealer and start over, reach out if I need further assistance. So I would say, worthless in my opinion.
I just saw on this thread where Kate from Jeep cares is monitoring this issue .

Sponsored

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
As per the dealership

Wow we got a loaner twice last month

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
I just saw on this thread where Kate from Jeep cares is monitoring this issue .
They should help out or advise where you should get help. Jeep what is up? Stop trying so hard to lose your Wrangler nation! Damn

FloridaLarry

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubi 4xe
Occupation
IT Manager
Is it possible that this issue is exacerbated by northern climes (salt on the winter roads)? Lots of Canadians and northern-staters chiming in. I know its mixed alloy contact corrosion, but still... that road salt's a bitch.

Then again, I live 8 miles from the Atlantic, with some salty air. :facepalm:

vasdimpop

First Name
Vasil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY22 JLUR (being built)
A 99 Wrangler, and a 2022 JL are two different machines; did you even read the thread? Lol

My 1999 wrangler is running GREAT and the hinges peeled on the tailgate. Other than that STILL her running great and looks amazing so Blah hater!
Sponsored