First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sahara, 2003 TJ, 2004 TJ Rubicon, 2004 LJ
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bryan

The nut seems to made out of steel, is the plate made out of aluminium or steel?
Plate is Aluminum and nuts are steel.
Sponsored

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks Bryan !
No problem! I wish this was solved at factory by now, then I would consider trading. No way I am going to lay down the $$ now only to deal with again in a few years on a ā€˜21 or ā€˜22. Especially troublesome for those of us that want to keep these Jeeps for a long time.

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
No problem! I wish this was solved at factory by now, then I would consider trading. No way I am going to lay down the $$ now only to deal with again in a few years on a ā€˜21 or ā€˜22. Especially troublesome for those of us that want to keep these Jeeps for a long time.
I understand, it was resolved, I would probably have ordered a new one also :-(

brewtus98

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I understand, it was resolved, I would probably have ordered a new one also :-(
Yeah and anyone that doesnā€™t think this will happen to theirs is fooling themselvesā€” some just take longer than others.

Sponsored

dtown1974

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR Ocean Blue
Got mine back today after 6 weeks. Lost summer, but looks good. I didn't push the timeline issue as I wanted to give what it took to be a quality job, and there was a part damaged at re-assembly that helped extend the timing. Sanded, prepped and painted all panels (Hood, all doors and tailgate) including the hinge area interface on the panel and back side of hinges. All panels match the un-touched areas of the body well and hood decals look good. Credit to the shop for what I can see so far. I feel for them as there is a developing backlog and significant customer dissatisfaction building up that they have to navigate and didn't cause. Back to Jeepin'!!

JLYaker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon
Just went to pick up my Jeep from the dealer for the second time. They still missed spots. Sitting here at the dealer waiting on the third party body shop guy to come look at it with me. @JeepCares Iā€™m not sure how you can help but I need some. My Jeep has been at the dealer for two months for this issue.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just went to pick up my Jeep from the dealer for the second time. They still missed spots. Sitting here at the dealer waiting on the third party body shop guy to come look at it with me. @JeepCares Iā€™m not sure how you can help but I need some. My Jeep has been at the dealer for two months for this issue.
Sure, JLYaker. Send us a private message with more details on your situation and we can dig in.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

alanh2c6

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Jeep did the right thing. When I first read this post I checked the Hinges on my 2018. Found bubbles on all door hinges. Call dealer and scheduled appointment. They took photo's and sent me to a repair shop for a quote. After three months Jeep authorized ALL four doors and hinges replaced and painted. They also repainted panels to blend. Thank you Jeep!!!

2018 JL Hinge 1.jpg

2018 JL Hinge 2.jpg

2018 JL Hinge REPAIRED 2.jpg

2018 JL Hinge REPAIRED.jpg

Qjoh5510

First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Mine seems to be bubbling on just the hinges. No spread to the door yet. Also have a nice bubble on one of the doors not by any seam or anything and another on the front of the hood. Seems like the paint itself is reacting with the aluminum in my case. Iā€™ve already been to the dealership about it like 2 months ago but havenā€™t heard from them since.

fitchhorn.justin

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Looking for advise on what to do.

2018 Jeep JL black

Is there anything I can do about the paint difference?????

I had ( and still have) the corrosion on the doors and hinges. I had both rear doors repainted and the color is way off under lighting. The rest of the Jeep looks almost brown and the painted doors look dark purple. I get itā€™s new paint but I donā€™t want to get the other doors and hood repainted and the Jeep look patchy on a sunny day. (Donā€™t mind the dirt it rained and my tires throw up some dirt)

Over all, Is there anything I can do to get Jeep to fix it all? Or am I just stuck with a 40K patchy vehicle?

P.S even the new painted door have corrosion.

(Pictures weā€™re took at night to showcase the color difference that can be see on a sunny day)

@JeepCares
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges C2532A12-A926-4D31-8313-7C08E6FBBD70
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges 1C3C3587-202A-4060-8103-75E51CB5BDA1
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges F571CCD2-7C95-4825-97BF-A6C6255DFEE0
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges 3FC6FEFD-7BF5-44BC-BE02-5EB42EAF98EC

Pic18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLUR, 2017 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (my wifeā€™s)
Looking for advise on what to do.

2018 Jeep JL black

Is there anything I can do about the paint difference?????

I had ( and still have) the corrosion on the doors and hinges. I had both rear doors repainted and the color is way off under lighting. The rest of the Jeep looks almost brown and the painted doors look dark purple. I get itā€™s new paint but I donā€™t want to get the other doors and hood repainted and the Jeep look patchy on a sunny day. (Donā€™t mind the dirt it rained and my tires throw up some dirt)

Over all, Is there anything I can do to get Jeep to fix it all? Or am I just stuck with a 40K patchy vehicle?

P.S even the new painted door have corrosion.

(Pictures weā€™re took at night to showcase the color difference that can be see on a sunny day)

@JeepCares
Jeep Wrangler JL Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges 3FC6FEFD-7BF5-44BC-BE02-5EB42EAF98EC
Thereā€™s no way I would accept that. Iā€™d get rid of the jeep before I looked at that every day.