Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

18BlackJLRU

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 4XE Rubicon
I just got my Jeep back after sending it in to fix the bubbles. They did a terrible job with painting and to top it off, they somehow broke the rear door handle... I’m torn on whether I should go back to the dealership I had it done at or go to a different one...

C17E488E-662A-4FCC-9A81-BB0A044A6A22.jpeg
563387AA-4030-41CB-9B1D-D37AF0178BE6.jpeg
19C41222-21EC-472E-9D9F-C75B1B4B16A5.jpeg
I really feel sorry for you.

That is not acceptable... no matter what... I believe that a good painter should be able to match your colour...They did a piss poor job.
Sponsored

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
I just got my Jeep back after sending it in to fix the bubbles. They did a terrible job with painting and to top it off, they somehow broke the rear door handle... I’m torn on whether I should go back to the dealership I had it done at or go to a different one...

Wow. I don't think i've seen a blend job this bad since my own driveway paint repair. This is exactly why i don't want mine fixed. I imagine the Mojito Pearl isn't easy to blend.

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
2018 JLUR here, checked over and all my hinges on hood, doors, tailgate all look great. Interesting how so many here have issues and clearly others dont.

JLJeepGuy513

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS, 2016 Pathfinder
Occupation
Civil Engineering Designer
Well I got my jeep back from Cape Coral Jeep last week to fix the steering, the bubbles in the paint around the door hinges and to fix the flaking paint on the hood hinges. I already knew they hadn't fixed the steering but i asked the advisor how the paint came out. She told me it looks fantastic! So...I'm super excited to take a look at in when i instantly notice the issues. First was...they did NOT fix and repaint the doors. They actually removed the hinges, which had no issues, and POORLY repainted them and reinstalled them with very poor alignment. bad enough to where you could see the unpainted door all along the edges. i also noticed the same poor alignment on the inside door jam hinges. Some hinges were dull and rough to the touch. The hood hinges actually came out pretty well though. One other thing i noticed was they COMPLETELY striped and rounded our one of the torx heads and all but maybe 3 were badly marred up. Then they proceeded to throw some touch up paint on the bolts in the hopes that i wouldnt notice. So now i have badly painted hinges, messed up bolts poor alignment and STILL have bubbles in my paint. I am just so disappointed.

EvanH84

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Sahara
I had paint issues corrected before my Wrangler was filmed and ceramic coated and now I have to have the parts repainted and the entire thing redone :mad:

Sponsored

tsexton105

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited
That is the shittiest paint job I have seen.... I would recommend going back to the same dealership because they did the work. I wouldn't have even accepted the car.
Oh my, that looks terrible.....and it must be even worse in person

Oh my, that looks terrible.....and it must be even worse in person. @JeepCares - DO SOMETHING!!!!!

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Dropped mine off today for steering recall, and having all 4 doors and hood repainted. Body shop said they're removing the doors and hood, stripping them down, removing any corrosion and repainting them all.

The corrosion is on each hinge, as well as bubbling up at the bottoms of 3 of the doors.

They said its a huge job, and will take a week or more.

Fingers crossed

SirMagnus89

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jl Sport 2 Door, Mojito!
This week's update: still nothing from @JeepCares. Now pushing two months without my JL.
2 months...... Yea id be pushing for a my Jeep back at this point or for a replacement cause that is ridiculous. Yet again, these vehicles are not cheap econoboxes youd expect to turn to crap in 12 months......

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
Well, here is some good news for y'all, well kind of. Picked up my jeep today which was a day sooner then predicted, and the paint match looks spot on! They resprayed the whole door, inside and out after electron neutralization process and looks great except for one tiny blemish on the driver door that they are taking care of. Its a weird pit where maybe some chemical got on it.

Sponsored

jbal13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport
Well I got my jeep back from Cape Coral Jeep last week to fix the steering, the bubbles in the paint around the door hinges and to fix the flaking paint on the hood hinges. I already knew they hadn't fixed the steering but i asked the advisor how the paint came out. She told me it looks fantastic! So...I'm super excited to take a look at in when i instantly notice the issues. First was...they did NOT fix and repaint the doors. They actually removed the hinges, which had no issues, and POORLY repainted them and reinstalled them with very poor alignment. bad enough to where you could see the unpainted door all along the edges. i also noticed the same poor alignment on the inside door jam hinges. Some hinges were dull and rough to the touch. The hood hinges actually came out pretty well though. One other thing i noticed was they COMPLETELY striped and rounded our one of the torx heads and all but maybe 3 were badly marred up. Then they proceeded to throw some touch up paint on the bolts in the hopes that i wouldnt notice. So now i have badly painted hinges, messed up bolts poor alignment and STILL have bubbles in my paint. I am just so disappointed.
I went to Cape Coral Jeep 3 weeks ago before my 36000 mile service. I started the process to get the hinges fixed. Both doors and hood hinge. The service tech sent me to an independent collision shop. Never heard back. I called today only to find out the tech doesn’t work there anymore and when I talked to the service manager he “looked up” the file and said FCA rejected the claim. I have a feeling it was never sent to FCA.

AwCrimety

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUS
Well, here is some good news for y'all, well kind of. Picked up my jeep today which was a day sooner then predicted, and the paint match looks spot on! They resprayed the whole door, inside and out after electron neutralization process and looks great except for one tiny blemish on the driver door that they are taking care of. Its a weird pit where maybe some chemical got on it.
Could someone explain the electron neutralization process? This wasn't mentioned to me by the body shop

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
Could someone explain the electron neutralization process? This wasn't mentioned to me by the body shop
Its pretty simple, just sounds fancy. It is basically isolating the 2 metals. So instead of just sanding the bubbles and repainting, they remove the hinge pInt the door and hing separate and then re asseble
Sponsored