Sponsored

Bubbles in Paint at Door Hinges

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Just took my wife's 2.5 year JL Rubicon in for corrrosion last week. I have bubbles on the hinges, the hood, sides and bottom of a few doors, as well as a few cracks near joint seams. Thompson Jeep in Edgewood, MD (which has a very good service department) took some pictures and are awaiting approval. Their body shop said the entire thing should be repainted since the paint issues are in many places. I hope this gets approved and fixed for good.

This is a such a shame. My wife loves this vehicles and enjoys driving it.

@JeepCares
Thanks for tagging us here, tnocar. The approval process once sent to Stellantis can take some time, so we appreciate your patience. If you have any questions regarding the process, your dealer will be able to assist you.

Kate
Jeep Cares
Sponsored

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
50k spent on a vehicle and painting it within 2 years and having to take it back for a third time, paint is hazy has dirt in it and scratches on the glass due to taking paint off of it.....unacceptable....I wonder what the CEO is driving and if he or she would like it if they had to take it to get painted within 2 years of owning it and having to bring it back for a third time.....all you get from JEEP CARES is apologies what's that going to do....not a damn thing...just words.....

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
50k spent on a vehicle and painting it within 2 years and having to take it back for a third time, paint is hazy has dirt in it and scratches on the glass due to taking paint off of it.....unacceptable....I wonder what the CEO is driving and if he or she would like it if they had to take it to get painted within 2 years of owning it and having to bring it back for a third time.....all you get from JEEP CARES is apologies what's that going to do....not a damn thing...just words.....
My car has 7000 miles on it, had it since 9/2019 and paid over 50k.

itā€™s quite frustrating when they donā€™t make the repair process easy. Itā€™s like pulling teeth. Iā€™m very afraid.

Goblue

First Name
Darran
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU/OB
Occupation
FF/PM
My car has 7000 miles on it, had it since 9/2019 and paid over 50k.

itā€™s quite frustrating when they donā€™t make the repair process easy. Itā€™s like pulling teeth. Iā€™m very afraid.
not sure what advice I have for you....I would say take it to a Jeep dealer however that has been a disaster....I would say take it to a high end paint and body that has and is familiar with jeeps or aluminum is the best I can do....Good luck do your homework

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
not sure what advice I have for you....I would say take it to a Jeep dealer however that has been a disaster....I would say take it to a high end paint and body that has and is familiar with jeeps or aluminum is the best I can do....Good luck do your homework
I would take it to a good body shop, but they probably wouldnā€™t approve it. I canā€™t believe it take this long

Sponsored

Ifraaz

First Name
Ifraaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Why do you have to wait a month?
MY DEALER doesnā€™t offer loaner, and apparently I have to pay out of pocket for a rental. I canā€™t afford it
I had to wait a month for the 4 doors and hood and tailgate and all hinges needed to arrive and for them to paint everything. The tailgate hinge just arrived this week and it was holding everything back or else I would have had the jeep last week. They also gave me a dodge caravan as a loaner šŸ˜†

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
What makes no sense to me is why does corrosion warranty require approval from Stellantis ,
But the steering box TSB doesnā€™t? Both are warranty issues

cripton805

First Name
Vic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport w/ 6sp
I think it would be a good option for Jeep to start making steel doors, hinges, hoods, tailgates.

I would prefer to replace the aluminum with reliable steel parts that won't destroy the paint. Especially out of warranty.

Sponsored

JeepViking13

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys Xtreme Recon 2022 Ford Bronco
Someone from the press needs to throw this in Jim Morrisons face during media days and reveal events. Especially when he makes a comment(roof top joke) when it's raining saying "there won't be any Broncos out here today". Maybe someone should yell back something like are you sure the Jeeps will be ok in the rain? We wouldn't want the paint to bubble up and melt off.

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Wrangler 1999; Jeep Sahara Wrangler 2018 HD 2006 Deluxe
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Not going to lie. This has me a bit nervous regarding my incoming Jeep. I'll have to keep an eye on the hinges and keep my fingers crossed.
My jeep looks great! Service mgr said at 4.5 years check my jeep over and bring it in to be redone if any more bubbles. Theres a 5 year paint warranty. I too am nervous but like a guy at work said- with any make/model of vehicles theyve all has paint issuesā€¦. Which the TSB shows. šŸ¤žšŸ»

Snoopi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep Wrangler 1999; Jeep Sahara Wrangler 2018 HD 2006 Deluxe
Occupation
Thin Blue Line
Someone from the press needs to throw this in Jim Morrisons face during media days and reveal events. Especially when he makes a comment(roof top joke) when it's raining saying "there won't be any Broncos out here today". Maybe someone should yell back something like are you sure the Jeeps will be ok in the rain? We wouldn't want the paint to bubble up and melt off.
power in #s. Someone somewhere should. Be able to make Jeep to complete the proper paint jobs. Not penny pinch and cause chaos in Wrangler country!!!!!
Sponsored