Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
10/02/2021

car dropped off to take photos, took 4 mins.
I took car back, they said they’ll call me if approved
Sponsored

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
If this cancer appears on my Jeep idk if I’d be willing to deal with all this headache or want this to show on the CarFax. I’m thinking the first sign of this I’ll just try and trade it in and get a new JL if the issue has been fixed or a TJ.

im worried to have it fixed for it just to come back once outside of warranty
When it is fixed properly and early, it will not show up in future. Other thing is the bubbles in de middle or the corner of the door, this seems also to be production failure / bad prepare before painting; as said before.

Look for a good body shop, they will fix this on low budget, not that much work, can be done with spot repair... I did it by my self, and I am not a mechanic or painter, even I work as service employee. Before that, I was a car salesman.

Or, if you are able to do this: Fix it on your own on a weekend, because:

If you want it to be done right, do it on your own.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
111 Pages and counting @JeepCares

Is there any documentation of this going back to Jeep?
I have been keeping an eye on this concern and internal parties are aware of it. If a customer is within the 5 year corrosion warranty, this should be covered, but will still be subject to diagnosis. That said, I have been assisting any customers that come into private message to discuss and if you need support, you can reach out as well.

Kate
Jeep Cares

Sponsored

Talox

First Name
dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon JLU XR Granite crystal (ordered 8/23)
Yes, I will put a black matte foil between every door and hinge. Will Post some pics when done.

I now make offers to every customer with JL and till now no Problems, to repaint the parts and to prevent future damage
What foil did you use as a separator?

AMKRubicon610

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JLUR 6 SPD
Occupation
CPA
Canceled my 2021 order because of this, tip of the iceberg. Spoke with a guy that has had repairs 4 times and it comes back, even on his window frame. Run Forest run….
i don't blame you... i found out about this after i already placed my order. Figured i could take preventative measures myself, so far so good. But i'm still nervous about it since i couldnt get the hood hinges removed (theyre glued on) and didnt want to F anything up.

Curious, which vehicle did you end up purchasing instead?

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
DOes anyone know who can help with expediting Stellantis approval on the corrosion work being done? Dealer said they still have not approved it.

Sponsored

SH556JL

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLR M6 RIP, 23 JLR M6
DOes anyone know who can help with expediting Stellantis approval on the corrosion work being done? Dealer said they still have not approved it.
I tried to get Jeep “Cares” to do it or at least look into and they wouldn’t. Sorta figure that’s their job. I was advised to go to another dealer and start over, reach out if I need further assistance. So I would say, worthless in my opinion.

Fuel Fire Desire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S, 2020 JT Sport
Mine just started. After 42,000 miles of stone chips, I noticed the rear hinges starting to bubble and flake. Nothing I can do except hope it doesn’t spread to the door. And if it does....it might be an excuse to have the exterior rhino lined.

tnocar

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nocar
Just took my wife's 2.5 year JL Rubicon in for corrrosion last week. I have bubbles on the hinges, the hood, sides and bottom of a few doors, as well as a few cracks near joint seams. Thompson Jeep in Edgewood, MD (which has a very good service department) took some pictures and are awaiting approval. Their body shop said the entire thing should be repainted since the paint issues are in many places. I hope this gets approved and fixed for good.

This is a such a shame. My wife loves this vehicles and enjoys driving it.

@JeepCares

Ifraaz

First Name
Ifraaz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
After pretty much a month of the jeep being at the bodyshop, I get to pick it up this Friday. New tailgate. New hood. 4 New doors. All 8 door hinges. Both hood hinges. 1 tailgate hinge. Prepped properly and then painted. Will post pics after pickup.

Warz2k4

First Name
RIC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
n/a
After pretty much a month of the jeep being at the bodyshop, I get to pick it up this Friday. New tailgate. New hood. 4 New doors. All 8 door hinges. Both hood hinges. 1 tailgate hinge. Prepped properly and then painted. Will post pics after pickup.
Why do you have to wait a month?
MY DEALER doesn’t offer loaner, and apparently I have to pay out of pocket for a rental. I can’t afford it
Sponsored