Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
look dude. I’m not gonna bite on your trolling.

You love the bronco. We get it.

I’m sure every bronco owner will be just as successful in Moab as that stock bronco on nittos with a 2x king of hammers champion at the wheel.
What jeepers run out of excuses? Well, well, well.......well, the Bronco driver is too good.
Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
The small tires really kill the look of the JL, which is one of the reasons i got a Rubicon. I didn't want to have to pay to buy bigger tires when i got brand new ones in the Jeep, nor did i want to wait 3-4 years til they needed replacement. It just makes the JL, and especially the JLU, look disproportionate.

That even the most basic Bronco already comes with meaty tires i think is a win for Ford, even if right now it might as well just be a hologram.
The base trim tires are about the same between the two.

blue_meany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
What jeepers run out of excuses? Well, well, well.......well, the Bronco driver is too good.
There are a few of you who like to get on a Jeep forum to troll users/Jeep enthusiasts seemingly everyday. Being a contrarian is tiresome. Kudos for keeping it up as long you have. I’m sure this thread has been great entertainment for you.

Hope to see ya out on the trail one day when you have your Bronco. I hope by 2022/23 I’ll have the mods to keep up with you and the ultimate off road machine.

Sponsored

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
look dude. I’m not gonna bite on your trolling.

You love the bronco. We get it.

I’m sure every bronco owner will be just as successful in Moab as that stock bronco on nittos with a 2x king of hammers champion at the wheel.
I’m not trolling. I just enjoy discussing this stuff and find it funny how people just dismiss the Bronco out of hand purely due to the front suspension. People are going through enormous amounts of mental gymnastics to try and claim the Bronco is not competing with the wrangler when it’s pretty clear that it is. Is it going to be as capable in the rocks? Nope. But how close will it be? That’s what’s going to be super interesting, and I’m sure the engineers at FCA/stellantis are chomping at the bit to find out too and see how they can compete better. I do love the bronco and as my profile shows I do not hide that. But first and foremost I’m an off road enthusiast, and anything that pushes things further is cool in my book. I can’t wait to see how Jeep hits back.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t see why you guys even argue. If person A likes the Bronco better, go ahead knock yourself out and buy one.
If person B likes the Jeep better....

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
There are a few of you who like to get on a Jeep forum to troll users/Jeep enthusiasts seemingly everyday. Being a contrarian is tiresome. Kudos for keeping it up as long you have. I’m sure this thread has been great entertainment for you.

Hope to see ya out on the trail one day when you have your Bronco. I hope by 2022/23 I’ll have the mods to keep up with you and the ultimate off road machine.
I just find it interesting that Jeep owners are so fearful of the Bronco and its capabilities. Clearance check, suspension travel check, breakover check, lockers check, top doors off check, crawl ratio check. Damn it’s starting to look like a Jeep.

I’m a Jeep owner at least I was. 12 JK 2dr Rubi. I tried to purchase a 2020 JL 2dr Rubi. My offer was turned down. So I purchased the 250 Tremor 7.3 instead for the same price.

Now I have a Bronco 2dr Badlands stick on order. ETA This summer.

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
I can’t stand the idea of comparing a bronco to a wrangler. Besides the similarity between grilles and other minor features they are in no way the same. Some ill informed people may confuse the two but it will not impact Wrangler sales only renegade and other small suv sales. Broncos are for city driving and I have no doubt the wranglers off road capabilities are far superior to the bronco. Of course a Jeep is not as comfortable or as packed with features as a bronco it’s about off-road capability and the history of it. Does Ford add eater eggs that serve as a small reminder of where it came from? To my knowledge I do not believe so. Is every aspect of a bronco as easily changed as a Jeep’s? A Jeep is a Jeep and that’s that.
Bronco will impact sales of a Wrangler same as their Musyang - E affected Tesla . It will be very noticable and will (hopefully) push Jeep to make improvements.

JL fit and finishes are on par with 2013 Fords, (with JL having better Nav screen and Ford having far better sound insulation and more options for less momey).

Both vehicles will have something they are better at when it comes offroad (rock crawling vs blasting throught sand and mud)

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon
People are going through enormous amounts of mental gymnastics to try and claim the Bronco is not competing with the wrangler when it’s pretty clear that it is.
Last summer you whined Jeep guys are just brushing the Bronco off because it’s not a Jeep. I remember asking you for specific examples of Jeep people putting down the Bronco which ironically was never responded to. I wonder why..

Let’s ask a similar question again. By either quoting or linking the posts, who exactly is suggesting the Bronco is not Jeep Wrangler competition? There’s a lot of mental gymnastics going on in this thread and it’s mostly one sided..

Sponsored

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
We might as well be arguing what’s better: traditional chocolate chip cookies or trendy chocolate chip cookies?

Did some already commit their ingredients to one or the other? Yes.

Are some having both? Yes.

Do some prefer one over the other? Yes.

Are you turning down a free one? Hell no!

That said, let’s not get ahead of ourselves and say anyone is “fearful” of another cookie, regardless of which cookie you enjoy.

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
We might as well be arguing what’s better: traditional chocolate chip cookies or trendy chocolate chip cookies?

Did some already commit their ingredients to one or the other? Yes.

Are some having both? Yes.

Do some prefer one over the other? Yes.

Are you turning down a free one? Hell no!

That said, let’s not get ahead of ourselves and say anyone is “fearful” of another cookie, regardless of which cookie you enjoy.
This^ is exactly my point made on the last page.
Instead of arguing “mine is better than yours” both Jeep and Bronco fans should be celebrating the competition. It just helps us the consumers. Do you think it’s a coincidence that since Ford announced their packages, Jeep all of a sudden offers trail cams and half doors?
Plus, loyalty only goes so far unless FCA or Ford gave you your vehicle for free.
If my Jeep were wrecked or stolen, I’d make a pros and con list for both vehicles and buy whichever is best for me. My favorite option is open Jeep and Sky One so it’d 95% be another Jeep but heck I’d look at the Bronco and if they make a one touch convertible, I’d consider it.
Keep in mind this post is coming from a guy that loves his Jeep.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
A lot of the things i like about the Bronco are the things that make it like a Jeep. Which just makes me want to buy a Jeep.

the things i like about the Bronco that are different than the Jeep are:

- i like their powertrains though since i drive a manual i think it is pretty comparable.

- ports on top of dash

- frameless windows!

- no bolts or trim to remove door checks

- better camera system

- more varied interior options (though i like the wrangler interior better)

- Sasquatch package

- more standard options

All these things could be fixed by Jeep so i am interested in whether they do.

Steve F

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, JKU
I just find it interesting that Jeep owners are so fearful of the Bronco and its capabilities. Clearance check, suspension travel check, breakover check, lockers check, top doors off check, crawl ratio check. Damn it’s starting to look like a Jeep.

I’m a Jeep owner at least I was. 12 JK 2dr Rubi. I tried to purchase a 2020 JL 2dr Rubi. My offer was turned down. So I purchased the 250 Tremor 7.3 instead for the same price.

Now I have a Bronco 2dr Badlands stick on order. ETA This summer.
Only to be sold in one country in the world - Check

This is where Ford are really falling down with the Bronco, no doubt it would sell well here in Australia, lots of us love a nice Ford and Ford is much more part of our motoring History than Jeep, our biggest selling vehicle at the moment in this space is the Ford Ranger with the Wrangler a long way down (300ish sales a month). In saying that the Ranger is not for me and can't compete with the Wrangler, maybe the Bronco could, maybe well enough to end Jeep in our market, we'll never know.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
How lame would a Bronco v Wrangler thread be if everyone on the thread just praised Wranglers?
Would be? They were lame from the beginning. Fortunately, they were all jammed into one, because they all went the same way. A bunch of posts started stirring the pot, just for the sake of it, with talk about how the bronco will outshine the Wrangler in every way. That was quickly followed by analytical breakdown of the many demo videos that clearly showed its weaknesses. Finally, rather than conceding, those same posters continue to backpeddle and wrongly compartmentalize those weaknesses to only being an issue if "climbing rocks". Now, we are left with mirror talk and justification for having 3x the weatherstripping in the roof.

Using the term lame, was actually a nicety.
Sponsored