Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Raz4back

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Tacoma
By the time you get your ordered Jeep the Broncos will be out.

Considering the Bronco has a 95:1 crawl ratio....
very few people that reserved after day2 will take delivery in 2021. I had an 8/14 reservation for a 2 door Badlands with Lux package and was told I’d be lucky to take delivery in early Q3 of 2022.

The crawl gear is not available with the Sasquatch package in 2021.
Sponsored

Neos281

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Tech
I'll take this over the top dog Bronco, the JL Sport looks better than the Bronco sport .
You're also getting the original, not a good copy
That's a good looking JLUR!

Also, the JL Wrangler Sport competes against the Big Bronco. The Bronco Sport is a much smaller ute competing against the Jeep Compass & Cherokee according to Motor Trend.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Sport S JL 2-D
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Professional dancer/male stripper
The Bronco Sport is nice, for what it is, which appears to be a competitor to the likes of the Cherokee. Here's a look at my JL next to a Bronco Sport.

broncovsjeep.jpg
It is nice. I toyed about getting a Subaru for a while, just for camping trips and going to national parks and stuff, a crossover gives almost the drive of a sedan with the perks of a SUV. But subarus are ugly. The bronco looks really nice.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
I can't really say I'm feeling to Bronco. They will fit a gap between the typical 4WD products out there and a Jeep Rubicon but we are still trying to compare apples to oranges. Honestly, I don't like the styling of the Bronco but I'm sure it will be a big seller with many happy customers. I know the street comfort level will be better on the Bronco so if it's an only vehicle, the off-road compromises may be worth it for it's other strong points.
It doesnt. I can assure you 100% that gap is already filled with Sahadras and Sports. And they are better rock crawlers than the bronco. Ive taken my sport to many places here in southern california that are considered moderate and difficult trails.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
very few people that reserved after day2 will take delivery in 2021. I had an 8/14 reservation for a 2 door Badlands with Lux package and was told I’d be lucky to take delivery in early Q3 of 2022.

The crawl gear is not available with the Sasquatch package in 2021.
Is it a Mercedes? I’ve got the 12 screen with no back order. All I wanted.
My badlands on order only needs 35/12.5 tires to match the sas and the big crawl ratio my 21.
It doesnt. I can assure you 100% that gap is already filled with Sahadras and Sports. And they are better rock crawlers than the bronco. Ive taken my sport to many places here in southern california that are considered moderate and difficult trails.
The bronco will crawl better than you believe.

Sponsored

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Is it a Mercedes? I’ve got the 12 screen with no back order. All I wanted.
My badlands on order only needs 35/12.5 tires to match the sas and the big crawl ratio my 21.

The bronco will crawl better than you believe.
I dont need to believe anything. Ive seen the videos and it is the best independent suspension ive ever seen but does not articulate like a SFA it simply doesnt.

Dont get me wrong I think Ford hit a home run with the Bronco and practically speaking it is a better car for most people. But it wont crawl better than a JL with the sway bar disconnected. A base JL will crawl better than a base Bronco and a lifted sport JL on 35s will crawl better than the sasquatch or whatever it is called.

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
Ford is definitely leaning into the Bronco being basically a “production” Ultra4 car. Which is super smart.
I dont need to believe anything. Ive seen the videos and it is the best independent suspension ive ever seen but does not articulate like a SFA it simply doesnt.

Dont get me wrong I think Ford hit a home run with the Bronco and practically speaking it is a better car for most people. But it wont crawl better than a JL with the sway bar disconnected. A base JL will crawl better than a base Bronco and a lifted sport JL on 35s will crawl better than the sasquatch or whatever it is called.
I completely disagree with your last statement. For rock crawling capability it will probably go Non-locker Bronco<Non-locker Wrangler<Locker equipped bronco<Locker equipped Jeep. If you’ve ever seen someone try to complete a hard trail with a Broken locker you would know lockers are one of the most important tools for modern rock crawling. If you asked ANY serious rock crawler if they would rather give up the front locker or front suspension travel, every single one would not give up the locker. Suspension travel doesn’t matter if the tire that has traction gets zero power.

How much better the Jeep Rubicon vs badlands bronco will be in the rocks will be the main question. If the bronco is 75% as good, 85%, 95%? But dominates in horsepower(For $2k not crazy trims like the 392) and capability at higher speeds, tight steering, and all the other features? It makes for an extremely compelling package.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
The other Bronco was gold colored and with the lighting it just washed out, yes an upscale model but still did nothing for me...

I think a JL Sport looks awesome!
Really? You think this looks awesome?
D8CBDF88-3008-41F0-905F-2B34793AF75A.jpeg
6A8559A7-3D76-447E-8B07-A03E7AF57C95.jpeg

Not me. Best I could find was $2,500 off a rubicon. Purchased a Tremor for $2k more than a 2dr rubicon stick.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, I think a JL Sports looks awesome! See below: (You showed pics of JLU's by the way)

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 4.21.07 PM

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

I like how you said articulation not suspension travel. If a vehicle has more travel articulation means nothing.

speaking of crawling the video below is the bronco sport crawling up someplace in moab.

D8CBDF88-3008-41F0-905F-2B34793AF75A.jpeg
6A8559A7-3D76-447E-8B07-A03E7AF57C95.jpeg

Not me. Best I could find was $2,500 off a rubicon. Purchased a Tremor for $2k more than a 2dr rubicon stick.

Yes, I think a JL Sports looks awesome! See below: (You showed pics of JLU's by the way)

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 4.21.07 PM

[/QUOTE]
That’s the same pics I showed except I showed the unlimited. No I don’t like the bumper wheels or tires. Changes the entire look of the Jeep.

I’m assuming you have one with no modifications because it looks so good.

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
I like how you said articulation not suspension travel. If a vehicle has more travel articulation means nothing.

speaking of crawling the video below is the bronco sport crawling up someplace in moab.

That’s the same pics I showed except I showed the unlimited. No I don’t like the bumper wheels or tires. Changes the entire look of the Jeep.

You need to check to make sure your quotes and /quotes are placed correctly.

And don’t delete the [ ] tags.

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 4.21.07 PM.png

[/QUOTE]

We all know about 'ass-umptions'...

Strommen95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GMC Canyon

Lol, same names 6 months later shoving the Bronco down peoples throats. You're coming on a Jeep site coming at a member for liking a Jeeps appearance better than the copycat. The delusion of your comment is astounding.

entropy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation

Screen Shot 2021-03-28 at 4.21.07 PM.png

[/QUOTE]
That video is meaningless. it is a traction obstacle. New tires at the right pressure and any 4x4 can get over it, and it is more about driver OR a smart computer traction control than anything else. I am not surprised the light sport bronco with good small new tires can get over it, it should.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
You need to check to make sure your quotes and /quotes are placed correctly.

And don’t delete the [ ] tags.
I did not. If something was hit accidentally on my phone, I’m sure you will find a firing squad.
Lol, same names 6 months later shoving the Bronco down peoples throats. You're coming on a Jeep site coming at a member for liking a Jeeps appearance better than the copycat. The delusion of your comment is astounding.
He said the sport looks better than the rubicon. It’s awesome he stated meaning it looks best without changes. I disagree.
That video is meaningless. it is a traction obstacle. New tires at the right pressure and any 4x4 can get over it, and it is more about driver OR a smart computer traction control than anything else. I am not surprised the light sport bronco with good small new tires can get over it, it should.
Wait you mean traction one gets by having more articulation? Everybody says it can’t crawl. When in fact they have no clue how well it will crawl.
Sponsored