Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 743 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

rallydefault

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport S
I would hold off judgement till you sit in the Bronco. It appears to have a really tall belt line which may end up creating a claustrophobic feeling compared to the jeep. I get the sense from looking at it that visibility will be poor.
Methinks you should follow your own advice, kind sir.
Sponsored

multicam

First Name
Tanner
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 4Runner, 2019 JLR
Vehicle Showcase
Methinks you should follow your own advice, kind sir.
That’s why I said “appears to,” “may have” and “get the sense.” I’m not claiming that the Bronco will be as bad as my wife’s 2012 Camaro which was like driving a WWII pillbox

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
I saw my first New Bronco yesterday. I am not impressed.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

brewdad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram; 2014 T&C
If it was on a dealer lot for sale, then it was a Bronco Sport which is meant to compete with vehicles like the Jeep Cherokee.

Sponsored

SGME9

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon 2020
was it a Bronco Sport?
I think so, I didn’t have any markings on it, but Bronco in the grill.
If it was on a dealer lot for sale, then it was a Bronco Sport which is meant to compete with vehicles like the Jeep Cherokee.
It was being driven by some lady. I will assume it was a sport, it only said Bronco on the grill.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST

NewbieJon

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Getting ready to order my first Jeep, a JLUR.
I like how the Bronco looks. I like how the Wrangler looks as well.
Bronco has a cool list of features, that make them compelling. That 2.7L. 360^ camera. more optional features for the same price as a decked out Rubi. Lockers, sway bar disconnect, 12" display screen, factory 35's, and more.
I would have seriously considered a Badlands Sasquatch, But Ford has taken way too long to get them to the dealers, and I am not waiting anymore.
I probably would not have bought a first year model anyway, as I plan to off road a lot. Yeah it's loosely based on the Ranger, but it's still an all new vehicle.

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
I didn’t realize the Base Bronco could be had with the more powerful engine and the Sasquatch package. That’s pretty damn good IMO. Still it wouldn’t have made me pick it over the Rubicon I just bought since I’m very much planning to crawl with it.

I wonder how this will affect Jeeps model offerings. If it sells well, does Jeep offer 35s and the Fox lift from the factory? Do they offer lockers or even Dana 44s on the Sport S? The Base Bronco, with the Sasquatch package and other goodies comes in at just under $45K. That is certainly starter Rubicon territory but you’re getting beadlock capable wheels, auto 10speed, 35s, a lift, the 8” screen Sync 4 (and what I’ve seen of Sync 4, it’s better than uConnect).

Unless you’re looking for a rock crawler, that ain’t bad.

Sponsored

Sgt Beavis

First Name
Rick and Miyako
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport S
Occupation
The Man, The Myth, The Legend. In my own mind.
Vehicle Showcase
Bronco has a cool list of features, that make them compelling. That 2.7L. 360^ camera. more optional features for the same price as a decked out Rubi. Lockers, sway bar disconnect, 12" display screen, factory 35's, and more.
I would have seriously considered a Badlands Sasquatch, But Ford has taken way too long to get them to the dealers, and I am not waiting anymore.
I probably would not have bought a first year model anyway, as I plan to off road a lot. Yeah it's loosely based on the Ranger, but it's still an all new vehicle.
That was basically the case for me. I was going to get the Badlands but Ford just took too long to get them to market. Add to that the fact that Jeep Finally improved the steering and I went with a Rubicon instead.

Now I MIGHT eventually trade my Raptor in for a Bronco Warthog but that depends on multiple factors. I’m still thinking about getting a Gen 3 Raptor.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The huge " Customization Factory" being built will allow Jeep to compete with the rise of the Bronco by allowing people to factory order their formerly aftermarket options, covered by warranty, if Jeep is smart. Maybe this will give the " a la carte" , "have it built for your use," some traction. " Modify " and " Wrangler " are synonymous, a great profit area for Stellantis

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
By the time you get your ordered Jeep the Broncos will be out.
I didn’t realize the Base Bronco could be had with the more powerful engine and the Sasquatch package. That’s pretty damn good IMO. Still it wouldn’t have made me pick it over the Rubicon I just bought since I’m very much planning to crawl with it.

I wonder how this will affect Jeeps model offerings. If it sells well, does Jeep offer 35s and the Fox lift from the factory? Do they offer lockers or even Dana 44s on the Sport S? The Base Bronco, with the Sasquatch package and other goodies comes in at just under $45K. That is certainly starter Rubicon territory but you’re getting beadlock capable wheels, auto 10speed, 35s, a lift, the 8” screen Sync 4 (and what I’ve seen of Sync 4, it’s better than uConnect).

Unless you’re looking for a rock crawler, that ain’t bad.
Considering the Bronco has a 95:1 crawl ratio....
Sponsored