Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, and the overall vibe of the vehicle. Even a lot of the more modern pickups feel like a car compared to their older counterparts, all in pursuit of being easy for anyone to drive without needing much driver engagement.

My 19 JLUR had real good steering right out of the gate, made much better by the full Steersmarts treatment. But I had to explain a couple things to my wife about why the steering isn't as crisp and surgical as regular vehicles. And also about why a brake pedal with a 1/4" throw doesn't belong on a utilitarian vehicle. She thought I was driving around with failing brakes. 😆
Yeah, I tried to explain the difference between 2HI, 4HI and 4LO to my wife but she lost interest pretty quickly, lol.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I tried to explain the difference between 2HI, 4HI and 4LO to my wife but she lost interest pretty quickly, lol.
Same here! So I doubled back and restarted by telling her that whatever she sees through the windshield, keep twisting the knob until she sees the same thing displayed on the dash.

I really hope that jeep gets its shit together! Why can't we have cartoon pictures of snow, mud, and sand on our dashes. I mean, how are we to know that we're ready?

NMPirate

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old go-cart from 1973
Occupation
King Shit of Turd Island
I learned to drive in a 1971 Bronco with the 3 speed trans on the column. When they were first teasing that it would come back, I had my sights set on it. But with the wait, and after I saw the "reveal" of what it should be, I thought it would be best to get back into a Jeep. It kinda looks like a turd in the wind to me. Not what I was expecting. And I'm not a big fan of Fords gimmick type off road system. You shouldn't have to pick what type of terrain your driving in. Pull the lever into 4wd and drive it! And if you can't do that, then by a Ford.

SoCal

First Name
MARK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR, 981 Porsche Cayman S, BMW F32, Lexus is250

one of the biggest Jeepers on YouTube seems to love it.....

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
This topic is why I am here. Just moved from Commiefornia to Arizona and after a few months here cancelled my reservation on my Badlands and bought a 21 Rubicon 4dr. I've never owned a 4x4 and a Jeep or old Bronco was always my dream truck growing up. I just got tired of waiting for the Bronco so I bought a Rubicon, pick it up in 2 days. Couldn't be happier. Just sad I waited till I am 55 to pull the trigger
I'm with ya Todd, I bought my first Jeep at 52 years old. I've since fell in love with them, made it my hobby and passion. I've replaced the political NFL with Jeeping and going up to the country. I too wish I bought one in my 20's.

Sponsored

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Lucky! My wife is in the market for a car but thinks it's ugly. I do too on some of them, but the higher end ones look a tad better. I'm not real impressed with dial a trail technology of these new metro-sexual 4wd rigs, but I am interested in a 2.7 or 3.5 eco-boost. That has go to be fun!
Yes v6 EcoBoost are very fun, especially tuned. I love how my tuned 3.5TT Explorer pulls like a turbo diesel without going past 4k rpms.

Main attraction in Bronco is its drivetrain (with 2.7TT). Booletfroof engine with loads of torque (at this point) and reliable trans. Not saying that Wrangler is not reliable, just lacks 200wtq at 2.7k rpms compared to 2.7TT.

twisty

First Name
bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon White
Yes v6 EcoBoost are very fun, especially tuned. I love how my tuned 3.5TT Explorer pulls like a turbo diesel without going past 4k rpms.

Main attraction in Bronco is its drivetrain (with 2.7TT). Booletfroof engine with loads of torque (at this point) and reliable trans. Not saying that Wrangler is not reliable, just lacks 200wtq at 2.7k rpms compared to 2.7TT.
Yup. Then again that 392 should b sweet too. I just like the fact that fords don’t need premium gas necessarily

BlackGenesis

First Name
Andrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Sahara unlimited
Yup. Then again that 392 should b sweet too. I just like the fact that fords don’t need premium gas necessarily
392 just cost too much extra....should be an option across all trims. Its more like Bronco warthog - price and power.
You can even have 87 octane tune on EcoBoost that still picks up 40wtq and 30whp over stock.

Some people go overboard (for about 3k) you can get some major power out of that Iron block.

16141093118397772523229123733181.jpg

Oilburner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeeps
I'll tell ya one thing, Ford is doing a much better job getting people's butts into their product & having reviews posted online. Meanwhile there are 4xe's sitting in a storage lot built & waiting to be shipped, and nobody even knows what size the battery is going to be, no reviews, Nothing. That $7500 tax rebate apparently buys a lot of faith!

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I'll tell ya one thing, Ford is doing a much better job getting people's butts into their product & having reviews posted online. Meanwhile there are 4xe's sitting in a storage lot built & waiting to be shipped, and nobody even knows what size the battery is going to be, no reviews, Nothing. That $7500 tax rebate apparently buys a lot of faith!
I have been a supplier for several of the automakers over the years. I found working with Ford invariably got you tangled up in internal politics. It was impossible to get much done; everyone was so focused on themselves anyone rarely cared about getting actual work done.

The new head of Ford, Jim Farley, is well known to be quite a marketing guru, and very political. My guess is Ford’s internal politics must be on overdrive right now.

We will have to see if Farley is able to roll out new products that don’t catch on fire; that’s been quite a long tradition at Ford.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
$100 buys even more Faith ; are the "real" Broncos available on lots yet ?? My dealer has the Bronco competitor to the Renegade and Cherokee, and it does look good.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Interesting poll. I still have my Bronco reservation, but pushed it back to 2022 just in case. I was really excited about it at the beginning, but my impatience, and some things not being available right away made jump on buying a Jeep. The jeep was also much more affordable for me right now.

I had a JK before and always regretted not keeping it. I'm really enjoying my 2 DR. JL, and unless I win the lottery or something else major changes, I will most-likely be canceling my reservation.

I haven't read through this whole thread, but wonder how many folks on here are also members of Bronco6g. I really like the atmosphere of that forum and still visit there from time to time.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I haven't read through this whole thread, but wonder how many folks on here are also members of Bronco6g. I really like the atmosphere of that forum and still visit there from time to time.
Funny, because all they accomplished was making complete jackasses of themselves. I'm glad it seems to have passed, because it was poisoning this great place. I say good riddance.

qnet

First Name
Quentin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 2 DR Jeep Wrangler Sport JL, 18 BMW M2
Funny, because all they accomplished was making complete jackasses of themselves. I'm glad it seems to have passed, because it was poisoning this great place. I say good riddance.
Oh, sorry to here that. Judging by some of the posts over there about Jeeps, I can see how things could have gone sideways on here.

You won't be getting any of that from me, even if I do win the lotto and can afford both vehicles, LOL. I love my Jeep and Jeeps in general.
Sponsored