Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
With the Sasquatch package though, which is rumored to be $3-5k depending on which wheels you really get. Don’t know if it will also include the Ford designed 2” lift or not.
Sponsored

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
You can fix that with 8 new control arms (actually four new lowers but all eight is better).. the stock control arms suck.
No you can’t. Many have tried, few of any have succeeded.

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I know this is exciting for some and folks are getting all jazzed up about Jeeps new death dealer the BRONCO but remember this....Jeep knew for a LONG time the Bronco was
In the works. Anyone care to guess why they didn’t drastically change anything in anticipation of this? It’s simple ...They don’t need to. Jeep has all the brand name recognition they need. Jeep has nothing to prove, Bronco does. At this stage they don’t need to do much in order to move the needle. Bronco will always be playing catch up <end>
If this is true and they did know for a while shame on them. The JL “redesign” was nothing more than new front fenders and a new interior. They had a ton of time to make the wrangler really different and updated. They didn’t.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
This picture is why I'm excited for the Bronco's half doors. Removing the front door but leaving the rear door looks awful with the Wrangler, but with the Bronco it will look pretty sweet.
Im kinda excited about the window down there

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Was on YouTube today watching various Bronco reviews. Liked how just about every ad before the videos played was the Wrsngler 392 concept from Jeep. Prolly good money spent on their part to buy that ad space...

Sponsored

Litfuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I reviewed Ford’s website and I do not see information that states the Sasquatch option can’t be paired with a manual transmission? Was it stated somewhere else?

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I really don't understand why- of all things- the 35" tires on the Bronco are causing so much drooling. With $200 in parts, you can easily install 37" tires on the Rubicon, and- if you have a Sport and plunk down $500 more for a set of factory Rubicon flares- you could put 37s on the Sport as well.

As for Jeep neglecting the 2 door- could not agree more (but then again, the aftermarket is neglecting 2 doors too). When I was looking for my 2 door, I visited dealer after dealer that didn't even have one on the lot.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screenshot_20200715-224822_Chrome
Not only that, but do you honestly think you're gonna get those tires cheaper from a dealership than you would from a tire shop? Remember when Jeep had the COD and Moab JKs that came with watered down AEV hardware? Those things were more expensive than simply buying a stock Rubicon and getting the full versions of the AEV equipment yourself.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Those things were more expensive than simply buying a stock Rubicon and getting the full versions of the AEV equipment yourself.
Yep. But did the COD versions not sell fairly well for the dealers?

Sponsored

Spank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Yep. But did the COD versions not sell fairly well for the dealers?
I don't know. Were they a hit? I think I saw them less than I did the absurd Dragon Editon and I know dealerships had such a hard time getting rid of those, they had to really eat shit on them to get them off the lot.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I watched the launch video. I’m impressed. Obviously coming right after Jeep and that is great competition is wonderful.

We will see on price It will be interesting to see with a fully equipped Rubicon what the comparable Bronco will be.

Only thing I don’t like and need to see close up are those things on the hood up in the front corners. That is ugly.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Honda Accord, 2014 Yamaha XVS 1300
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I am getting a 2021 Rubicon with hardtop and my wife is getting my Sahara. :like:
Sounds like a good plan, lol! Now don't get me wrong, I do like the Sky One touch, but I just don't think I'd ever take the back windows out.
Sponsored