Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

LLANERO

First Name
Dario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The Bronco can do at least 90% of what I do with my Jeep. However, that 10% is too much fun to give up, so my Jeep is a keeper.

Having said that, I reserved a Bronco Outerbanks (equivalent to the JL Sahara?) for the wife. She loves it and won't do any off-roading. Well, maybe she will take it to the OBX. What a coincidence LOL
Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
I actually use my Jeeps off road and enjoy hard trails. I don’t enjoy getting sun burned and covered in dust and mud while doing so. Been there done that too many times.

The fact the you think GC can match a JLUR off road says everything one needs to know about your knowledge.
I never said it could. You also never stated your intent with your vehicle.
At the same time modified lifted vehicles can do as much or more than a stock jlur. All that really matters is how much money you though at it. I’m assuming your not stock!

Whisky19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru, JEEP!!!!!!!
I know this is exciting for some and folks are getting all jazzed up about Jeeps new death dealer the BRONCO but remember this....Jeep knew for a LONG time the Bronco was
In the works. Anyone care to guess why they didn’t drastically change anything in anticipation of this? It’s simple ...They don’t need to. Jeep has all the brand name recognition they need. Jeep has nothing to prove, Bronco does. At this stage they don’t need to do much in order to move the needle. Bronco will always be playing catch up <end>

theiowan

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Occupation
CPA
You can fix that with 8 new control arms (actually four new lowers but all eight is better).. the stock control arms suck.
The point is, I should not have to spent additional money on a $50,000 vehicle to make it perform like it should.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
That area is not far from my house and is easy for a even a stock JK/U with AT tires and a limited slip to conquer. So it’s not impressive.

Ground clearance with a JL/UR is an easy factor to overcome because a simple and cheap 1.5-2” “puck” lift with stock 33”-35” or 37” tires will match or surpass that of the Bronco. Adding lift to the IFS is far more expensive and complicated so those wishing to run 37” tires best have a deep pocket.

Crawl ratio is kinda laughable. It’s only available in the manual transmission. That’s a small market these days. Less then 10% of Jeeps are sold with manual transmissions. Also with proper driving technique an automatic transmission like that in the 3.6 JK/UR or JL/UR is just or even more capable then super low crawl rations that 99% of the average buyer will have no idea how and when to use. Heck most folks don’t even know when and how to use a locker in an automatic Jeep let alone how drive a manual in low range over rough terrain. Now if that super low crawl ration was available in an automatic that would be something special.
Damn you got me, comparing modified jeeps to oem again. Ok you win!
Now the 94.8 doesn’t count as it’s a stick. So funny. The demon is worthless since there’s so few of them.

Again I never said oem Jeeps or other stock vehicles can’t do what it’s these pictures.
All hail the king.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread B3A28DFE-2F70-48B0-9494-808223D6D1F7

Sponsored

ODDs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hella Yella Sahara
Damn you got me, comparing modified jeeps to oem again. Ok you win!
Now the 94.8 doesn’t count as it’s a stick. So funny. The demon is worthless since there’s so few of them.

Again I never said oem Jeeps or other stock vehicles can’t do what it’s these pictures.
All hail the king.
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread B3A28DFE-2F70-48B0-9494-808223D6D1F7
This picture is why I'm excited for the Bronco's half doors. Removing the front door but leaving the rear door looks awful with the Wrangler, but with the Bronco it will look pretty sweet.

Fsttanks

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 JK / 2020 JLUR
I never said it could. You also never stated your intent with your vehicle.
At the same time modified lifted vehicles can do as much or more than a stock jlur. All that really matters is how much money you though at it. I’m assuming your not stock!
My JLUR stock right now, it’s only a few weeks old and has proven quite capable and able to handle all the trails I have tested it on, including the ones the Bronco is pictures on above. It’s not perfect by any means it needs some light tweaking.

Between the displayed capabilities of the JLUR and my almost 40 years of off roading driving experience I feel for my needs and wants all the JLUR needs is a small lift and a proper set of hybrid MT/AT tires.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Maybe it would be OEM impressive if you moved him back a couple car lengths and left about 4 car widths, lol. :CWL: Otherwise, not so much.
With better clearance and crawl than either JL’s, I bet you’d be surprised at what it could do.
I posted the rock garden as someone accused ford of only showing desert fire trails.

PatrickR

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
They have over 140k reservations so far. More than a few are seriously angry with this decision specially after they paraded the orange bronco stick Sasquatch look alike through all their reveal videos.
Ford may change it. I may pass on the bronco based on this.
Yeah I'm no longer interested if this is the case... I can handle not getting the 2.7 manual, but no Sasquatch for no real reason? I guess the next stablemate to the Jeep will be another Jeep.

Sponsored

Badweissenbier

First Name
Bad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Billet JLUR
I love how the ground clearance and break over angles are Regularly brought up. Put 35s on a rubi and then where are those numbers. These specs are put out there from their top machine as a sales tactic against Jeep, Ford put 35s on the option list for one reason only. I’m sure Jeep will respond with an equal or better option.
They both play the game

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Yeah I'm no longer interested if this is the case... I can handle not getting the 2.7 manual, but no Sasquatch for no real reason? I guess the next stablemate to the Jeep will be another Jeep.
Can I share this response with Mike Levine?

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
If FCA put the high fenders and Rubicon springs on the Sport to accommodate 35s it would swing the argument right back into their favor. Then they could do something special for the Rubi with a taller suspension and gear it to run 37s from the factory. I think both of these would give them a healthy leg up on the Bronco without a severe cost penalty.
I really don't understand why- of all things- the 35" tires on the Bronco are causing so much drooling. With $200 in parts, you can easily install 37" tires on the Rubicon, and- if you have a Sport and plunk down $500 more for a set of factory Rubicon flares- you could put 37s on the Sport as well.

As for Jeep neglecting the 2 door- could not agree more (but then again, the aftermarket is neglecting 2 doors too). When I was looking for my 2 door, I visited dealer after dealer that didn't even have one on the lot.
f40c2f011fa36d9bb7a66df496eccae3951bbcfb.jpg

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Nah....... 40s are my end game, but probably not on this rig, I would like to get that 392 with 450 hp to turn them...:). With the Bronco coming out with more hp, I don’t think it will be a concept rig for very long.
Not a concept anymore. It’s real. It’s coming. They are shooting for June 2021.
Sponsored