Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

Toycrusher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Here's one last idea, and Jeep Corp, this really is the last freebie, that will kill Bronco sales:
Make the Wrangler a 3 row off road vehicle. I have 4 kids, so when we want to go wheeling, we either have to go with my in-laws who have a JKU or we take 2 vehicles and then rotate who goes on the trail (my other vehicle is a 2018 Tahoe). There were third row aftermarket kits for the JK and I've been scouring for aftermarket kits for the JL. It just hasn't happened. I'd rather take along extra passengers than store my doors back there.

Also, the JT is the PERFECT platform for a stretched, 3 row Jeep. Think of a Wrangler 3 row as a "Tahoe" and the Gladiator based 3 row Jeep as the "Suburban." This will KILL with parents and mall crawlers and poseurs as well as wheelers such as myself who have more kids than seats. It also gives additional options when it comes to Overlanding where one Jeep can be the people transporter and the other one th
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread jeepx6sdd
e gear transporter. I know if Jeep came out with a three row Wrangler based on the Gladiator JT platform, even though I dumped thousands into my JLU, I'd get the three row. Come on, Jeep, you've got the platform. Stretch out the back seat in the JT, add a third row and still have room for inside gear.

Bronco, shmonco, give me a 3 row Jeep!
Here you go

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread JP020_150GfdL
Sponsored

Sydwaiz

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD, 73 CJ-5
My problem with the JK and JL is that, in my opinion, the doors are a departure from the classic look of the willies/wrangler. The frame that surrounds the window (upper half of the door) is an eyesore to me. They look okay with a hard top on. But when you take the top off/down, the doors really look out of place.
Just like the original Bronco. I used to have a 71 Bronco and never wanted to take the top off because of the silly window frame! My CJ-5 on the other hand... But now I have a 2021 on order with the silly window frame and then Ford introduces a frameless window! Arghhh!

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
I am saving the popcorn for 3 years from now. For now, I'll enjoy my Jeep. All of these speculation from a movie, 2 youtube videos and a spreadsheet is a waste of time. Everything looks shiny and nice when the salesman wants to get rid of it.
It will be interesting to read all the "issues" people complain about after 3 years on the road. It will probably mimic every other vehicle. I would bet that 2% or less people actually comment on their experiences with their vehicles and of the 2%, 95% are complaining (rightly or wrongly) about an issue or problem they have had.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator
Oh, I know that I'm running 35's on stock wheels my question was that with the the chart shows the bronco w/ 33" water depth. is that on a stock Bronco or the optioned out one? because if it's stock, that's impressive! if not, well its just more "hype" and invalid because it is easily attainable with a stock JL/JLU with an inexpensive lift and 35's, Heck, even with probably 33's.
Jeep JL/JT comes with 30" of water fording depth when 31.5" tires are installed. You get 35" tires and you probably go to 32" of water fording depth. Now, caveat: neither Jeep nor Ford disclose HOW they get to their numbers or what is the reason for that depth. How do they calculate those numbers? Is it based on theoretical measurements of how tall the tire is per the mfg at full inflation not under load? Or is it a specific piece that is susceptible to water infiltrate that they measured in real life by taking a ruler from the ground to where the line on the Jeep is? Because my OEM tires were really only 30" when "properly" inflated and mounted. My 35" tires are really only 32" when at the 20-25psi I run them for off-roading and fording creeks with sharp rocks. Or does Jeep (or Ford) take this practice into account? What is the part that is not "water proof"? Is it the differential breather tube (which has a Gore membrane that keeps water out, unless there is too much pressure, which is why Jeep has the 5mph water fording speed limitation to keep water from being PUSHED past the membrane?) ? Does it's position get changed when you lift the vehicle? On the JT it's attached to the truck bed underside, so if you lift with a kit does the tube have enough slack to accomodate the extra pull, or does it detach easily and get stuck somewhere LOWER than OEM spec? Of course, all that is just a GUIDELINE because we've all seen the videos where a JL goes dead in/after the water that barely reaches halfway up the stock tires, and we've seen videos where the engine is submerged and the Jeep just keeps going. I don't think Ford will be any more capable in water fording depth unless they chose to disclose some details

NewJLU2019

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Unlimited 2019 Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Just not a fan of the way it looks with the rear quarter panels removed. ;)
This is why I am getting a 2021 Rubicon with hardtop and my wife is getting my Sahara. :like:

Sponsored

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Please show me where any trim of the Bronco can have 35" tires, because in the comparison sheets from Ford only a couple trims can come with 35" tires

Edit: nvm found it
https://www.ford.com/cmslibs/conten...crossovers/bronco/pdf/21_Bronco_lineup_HR.pdf
However ford messed up.

Sasquatch is only available in the auto. Thousands are dumping their reservations now! You can’t get a base stick Sasquatch like ford claimed. The orange bronco stick Sasquatch look alike in all of ford reveal videos is not real and people are pissed! I’m pissed!

rockadile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
However ford messed up.

Sasquatch is only available in the auto. Thousands are dumping their reservations now! You can’t get a base stick Sasquatch like ford claimed. The orange bronco stick Sasquatch look alike in all of ford reveal videos is not real and people are pissed! I’m pissed!
Thousands...really? Maybe ten or twenty. ;)

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
Thousands...really? Maybe ten or twenty. ;)
They have over 140k reservations so far. More than a few are seriously angry with this decision specially after they paraded the orange bronco stick Sasquatch look alike through all their reveal videos.
Ford may change it. I may pass on the bronco based on this.

GtX

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.0D
Occupation
Working for the man.
Vehicle Showcase
Look, clearly none of us have wheeled these new Broncos. But time will prove it out. (Either way) I think you are seriously discounting the impact that IFS has on off-roading in rocks. I have many friends who wheel their 4runners, Tacoma’s, and FJ’s and have modified them for 35” tires. Guess who still struggles more than a stock Sahara?
This is true. Ran a lifted and locked Xterra on 33's with a fully skidded belly so I could use momentum to clear obstacles that stock or near stock Wranglers crawled through. The lack of articulation with an IFS vehicle is very limiting on the rocks.

The Bronco is geared to the mall crawling jeep crowd that might hit a dirt road taking the family camping or go for a cruise on the beach and wants to take the top and doors off. Granted, this is a big slice of the Wrangler market. The Sasquatch package should have been lockers, gears, 35's, a front SAS and upgrade both to D60. Then they'd have a package that any Wrangler owner could envy.

Sponsored

theiowan

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Wrangler
Occupation
CPA
Hey, that's great. I reserved one anyway.
I wonder if Ford will have a 420 page, 2 yrs + steering issue thread on the Bronco forum that they're incapable of addressing?
F*** Jeep.
Well said! I have a $50,000 JLU that wanders all over the road. Should not have to chose between off-road abilities and good on-road manners.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
Well said! I have a $50,000 JLU that wanders all over the road. Should not have to chose between off-road abilities and good on-road manners.
You can fix that with 8 new control arms (actually four new lowers but all eight is better).. the stock control arms suck.

Richtor

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fiesta ST
This is true. Ran a lifted and locked Xterra on 33's with a fully skidded belly so I could use momentum to clear obstacles that stock or near stock Wranglers crawled through. The lack of articulation with an IFS vehicle is very limiting on the rocks.

The Bronco is geared to the mall crawling jeep crowd that might hit a dirt road taking the family camping or go for a cruise on the beach and wants to take the top and doors off. Granted, this is a big slice of the Wrangler market. The Sasquatch package should have been lockers, gears, 35's, a front SAS and upgrade both to D60. Then they'd have a package that any Wrangler owner could envy.
Geared to the mall crawling? It’s a 94.8:1 crawl ratio. I believe it will go anywhere a stock rubicon can go(width not included) however when you start comparing aftermarket long arm suspension the Jeep will still shine.
Sponsored