Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 701 61.0%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 235 20.4%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 110 9.6%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 104 9.0%

• Total voters

Goosed

First Name
Dave
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Was on YouTube today watching various Bronco reviews. Liked how just about every ad before the videos played was the Wrsngler 392 concept from Jeep. Prolly good money spent on their part to buy that ad space...

Advertisement

Litfuse

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I reviewed Ford’s website and I do not see information that states the Sasquatch option can’t be paired with a manual transmission? Was it stated somewhere else?

BigGreen

First Name
Al
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Sport
I really like the Bronco, but I don’t think it’ll cut into Wrangler sales like everyone thinks it is. It’s going to be pulling more people from 4runners, raptors, ZR2s and Subaru’s. You know type, anything to go against the tried and true method just to prove they can.

I’ll be impressed if it makes it to a second gen, this is a niche market with a lot of options.

Spank

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
I really don't understand why- of all things- the 35" tires on the Bronco are causing so much drooling. With $200 in parts, you can easily install 37" tires on the Rubicon, and- if you have a Sport and plunk down $500 more for a set of factory Rubicon flares- you could put 37s on the Sport as well.

As for Jeep neglecting the 2 door- could not agree more (but then again, the aftermarket is neglecting 2 doors too). When I was looking for my 2 door, I visited dealer after dealer that didn't even have one on the lot.
f40c2f011fa36d9bb7a66df496eccae3951bbcfb.jpg
Not only that, but do you honestly think you're gonna get those tires cheaper from a dealership than you would from a tire shop? Remember when Jeep had the COD and Moab JKs that came with watered down AEV hardware? Those things were more expensive than simply buying a stock Rubicon and getting the full versions of the AEV equipment yourself.

Notorious

First Name
Kevin
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 TJ Sahara
Those things were more expensive than simply buying a stock Rubicon and getting the full versions of the AEV equipment yourself.
Yep. But did the COD versions not sell fairly well for the dealers?

Spank

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2020 Dodge Challenger RT Scat Pack
Yep. But did the COD versions not sell fairly well for the dealers?
I don't know. Were they a hit? I think I saw them less than I did the absurd Dragon Editon and I know dealerships had such a hard time getting rid of those, they had to really eat shit on them to get them off the lot.

Goin2drt

Reaction score
Kentucky (formerly Peoples Republik of Kalifornia)
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
I watched the launch video. I’m impressed. Obviously coming right after Jeep and that is great competition is wonderful.

We will see on price It will be interesting to see with a fully equipped Rubicon what the comparable Bronco will be.

Only thing I don’t like and need to see close up are those things on the hood up in the front corners. That is ugly.

Sean L

First Name
Sean
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara, 2017 Honda Accord Sport, 2003 Yamaha V Star 650 Silverado, 2014 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Occupation
Retired Marine, Construction Estimator
Vehicle Showcase
This is why I am getting a 2021 Rubicon with hardtop and my wife is getting my Sahara. :like:
Sounds like a good plan, lol! Now don't get me wrong, I do like the Sky One touch, but I just don't think I'd ever take the back windows out.

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
Make ANY option available on ANY trim lvl.
The 392? available even if you buy a god damn base sport.
8" ucon and alpine available on ANY trim lvl
Lockers, 44s, narrow and wide.

Stop tying your options to trim lvls
Why on gods green earth cant I buy a 2021 willy with front and rear lockers and 44s on 35s from the factory.
Electronic sway bar disco make it an option on all trim lvls

If Ford can offer the sass package on the base model, jeep can make a damn 2dr sport with 44s, lockers and 35s.

IDK man I like jeep aesthetics more, but the Bronco is damn good looking too.

It is going to take more than just putting a v8 in the Rubicon and some tech ONLY to keep some people.

Jeep has been Pidgeon holing people into buying stuff they don't want or need, just to get things they want.

LET PEOPLE BUILD THE DAMN JEEP THEY WANT FROM THE FACTORY

Advertisement

Bestop

Advertisement