Sponsored

Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread

With the Bronco launch, what team are you in?

• I will stay with team Jeep

Votes: 742 61.7%
  • I may jump to Team Ford

Votes: 239 19.9%
  • I am staying out of this one for now. (in Eric Cartman’s voice): Screw you guys, I am going home.

Votes: 113 9.4%
  • Is “both” an option because I am loaded and can afford both?

Votes: 109 9.1%

• Total voters

_olllllllo_

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Hellayella JLU Rubicon 6-speed
The commercial shows the Bronco be all about speed. It is a race truck.

This is why I bought a Wrangler:

I wanna see a Bronco do that. Oh and that's a real Wrangler. not CGI.
That is one of the best commercials I have ever seen that shows just what a vehicle can do. I still think the Bill Murray Groundhog Day commercial is my favorite, because it is Bill Frickin Murray.

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ‘20 Grand Cherokee White; ‘12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
Nerd alert!

Started pulling in some data to see what people are searching for: Ford Bronco or Jeep Wrangler. You can clearly see those jumps in Ford Bronco searches when spy shots, reveal leaks, and obviously today's launch take place.

Of course, what will be important to Ford is that these sudden upshots in interest stay more steady at those higher levels after today. Look at Montana bucking the trend already!

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.21.07 PM
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.29.45 PM

Here is what interest on the web has looked like the last 7 days
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.33.26 PM

Five year trend...
Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco vs Jeep Wrangler mega thread Screen Shot 2020-07-13 at 3.33.01 PM

We'll have to see how much of Ford's market cannibalizes Jeep or if this is merely an indicator for how healthy the segment really is - in which case a rising tide lifts all boats (or maybe more appropriately, a 3" lift kit rises all off-roaders).

punktexas

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Ram Yamaha Santa Cruz
I'm diggin' the big screen.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link
Just as a reality check, this is the average Wrangler buyer.

Sponsored

Varilux

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Actually, it's quite a bit higher than 80%. I'm reminded every time I try to find an aftermarket item for a two-door and see "Unlimited Only" on the availability. I have a friend in the aftermarket business, and when I'm griping about the non-availability of something he's quick to remind me "Dude, there's a reason Jeep almost didn't even bother making a 2 door JL..."

I had to take my wife's F150 in for service today, and stopped by the showroom to ask if there were any Bronco brochures. The sales guy saw me pull up in my JL and didn't even wait for me to ask. "We don't have any materials on the Bronco, and we actually don't know when they'll be in." That seems like poor coordination on Ford's part. I mean, they're spending all that advertising money to have a big splashy launch, but they don't enable their dealers to talk intelligently about the product?

@ThirtyOne - This generation is going to be running the country someday... :giggle:
Hope she gets a lot of tips on how to "decorate her car" (aka Jeep Stationwrangler)...

Last edited:

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepdoodles.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon, 2017 Chevy Tahoe
Build Thread
Link

Sponsored