Sponsored

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
My son is home from college on spring break and we were out running errands yesterday. Hit a parking lot where there was a new Bronco parked. I suggested we go over and look at it (he's not been around to hear my negative reviews) and as we walked up to it his first words were, "That really is ugly." As we circled it, I couldn't agree more.

Hope they keep making the Wranglers and don't do a style abomination like Ford did to the Bronco.

Best,
-Tim
Sponsored

Wyldtyme

First Name
Orlando
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Honestly I was very excited about the new Bronco was on my wish list after driving my beloved 2010 Nissan Xterra Off-Road for 11 years. Unfortunately it was totalled Christmas Eve. Not by me and thankfully no one was hurt. That pushed my Bronco need quickly. I wanted the Badlands Sasquatch version and got a big surprise when none were available in the hardtop version and ordering one was a minimum of 12 months!! Obviously that was not a option since my Uber budget was not that huge. My son owns a wrangler and asked me to check out jeep dealer. Was very disappointed when told anything on the lot here in SoCal was $10K over msrp. Discovered the new Jeep reply to the Bronco Sasquatch package named Extreme Recon package and placed my order January 6th. Very excited here!!

JMGT25

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys
I was ready to jump to Bronco if they would ever build the darn thing. I reserved one on the second day, gave it about 500 days and finally called it quits and got a Wrangler. Could not be happier! 2500 miles as of yesterday and the only issue I have is that CarPlay crashes using USB2 in the center console. Disappointed this problem has been happening for 4 years and is still not ironed out, but I’ll live if the dealer can’t fix it when I drop it off tomorrow.

Also haven’t cancelled my Bronco order just to see how long it takes to get pulled I’m at 610 days! My Jeep arrived at the dealer 48 days after order and production didn’t even start until 2 weeks later!
I have the same issue with the center console USB which is definitely frustrating. The good news is that it works flawless with the USB-C cord from the media center.

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I have the same issue with the center console USB which is definitely frustrating. The good news is that it works flawless with the USB-C cord from the media center.
Found out it’s an Apple Software issue. Anybody running iOS 15 and up will have this problem, and Uconnect will not do anything about it because Apple signed off saying it was good.

Seems to be a “he said, she said” type of situation between Uconnect and Apple I don’t see being solved any time soon.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Silverado 2500HD midnight
I ordered my Bronco on reveal night. After ford dicked me around for 13 months I was finally fed up and ordered a 392 wrangler. My bronco showed up in November and I had full intentions of flipping it until I spent some time with it. I’m extremely picky when it comes to ride/drive quality and I can’t complain about it whatsoever. The interior material choices are another story, but it doesn’t bother me as bad. I’m pretty happy with mine. I ended up taking delivery of the 392 wrangler and it’s my wife’s daily driver now, she couldn’t be happier. We live in a world where both the wrangler and bronco can coexist.

9FA116C6-6743-4421-BB27-D22C21B713B8.jpeg

7FB30472-D899-49D5-AC79-4BD51BF1BBAD.jpeg

Sponsored

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
I really wanted to like the Bronco. The Black Diamond edition with the rear locker and manual 7 speed with the crawl gear sounded right up our alley. Wanted the steel wheels too. 2.3 turbo? Yep, have one in my Mustang (turned up a bit) and like the motor.

Then I found out a 2 door was going to weigh over 4500 lbs, it was only going to get a realistic 17 MPG and the plastics were right out of 1980, the roof was noisy, etc. Then dealers started really gouging, the deliveries got pushed into the "who the hell knows" category, and basically Ford screwed up the release.

I think the exterior 2 door styling is retro enough for me, I like it. I like the idea of IFS for commuting, it's less busy on a windy day and is less fatiguing on trips.

Bottom line was my wife REALLY doesn't like it. We've seen them in person, and she is gaga over the Wrangler 2 door, and really doesn't like the Bronco. We'll see how the Willys does for fuel mileage, but so far she's so enamored of it I don't think she'd care if it got 12-15. This is the first vehicle we've had in 31 years of marriage, that she's been this over the moon for. Everything else is just a car. She had a Geo Tracker 2 door (it was hers, absolutely) that she loved for being able to go places. It was the "Trusty Tracker". It took her on prospecting trips, "explores" as she puts it, hiking and treasure hunting, etc. She loved that thing. We had schedules that left her by herself on Saturdays and she was off in the hills regularly.

She dropped me off at work yesterday because she needed to run errands later in the day after work. She then parked the Willys in a place that she could look at it out the window while she was working yesterday (she works from home). This is the ONLY vehicle she's ever done that with.

Bought it for us, but it's rapidly becoming "hers".

OP
OP
Mason1646

Mason1646

First Name
Mason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Pacifica Hybrid
I ordered my Bronco on reveal night. After ford dicked me around for 13 months I was finally fed up and ordered a 392 wrangler. My bronco showed up in November and I had full intentions of flipping it until I spent some time with it. I’m extremely picky when it comes to ride/drive quality and I can’t complain about it whatsoever. The interior material choices are another story, but it doesn’t bother me as bad. I’m pretty happy with mine. I ended up taking delivery of the 392 wrangler and it’s my wife’s daily driver now, she couldn’t be happier. We live in a world where both the wrangler and bronco can coexist.

9FA116C6-6743-4421-BB27-D22C21B713B8.jpeg

7FB30472-D899-49D5-AC79-4BD51BF1BBAD.jpeg
Beautiful rides!! Had I had the hard top on the bronco I would probably still own it. The ride/drive quality is great. Nevertheless, I’m pumped to get into a wrangler.

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco to Wrangler 7FB30472-D899-49D5-AC79-4BD51BF1BBAD

Jeep Wrangler JL Bronco to Wrangler 7FB30472-D899-49D5-AC79-4BD51BF1BBAD
One place that Ford really did a good job, is the color palette on the Bronco. The colors are really neat and cover a wide range. That metallic red is very nice and looks great next to the Rubicon which also looks great.

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
I was all about Bronco in the beginning. Test Drove it many times. Yet had love and hate relationship with the car. Really wanted to like it. Some things seamed off to me.
I always had my test drive experience from two years ago in the back of my had and a voice saying to me but Rubicon Wasn’t this bad …
Two weeks ago Ive decided to test drive 4xe. Again two year past since I’ve test drove one. I’ve heard to was more road friendly do to heavier weight. Going in I was hoping to like it but felt like I wouldn’t.
As soon as I Sat down in it I knew I would get one. immediately fell in love. Materials, quality, leather dash etc. ride felt nice too. Felt underpowered, not sure if it was two people with that damn big box with the second roof in the car or mode. I didn’t care tho. Was very happy with it.
Signed the papers this early am. Should be getting one April second.

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Beautiful rides!! Had I had the hard top on the bronco I would probably still own it. The ride/drive quality is great. Nevertheless, I’m pumped to get into a wrangler.
The fit and finish in the wrangler is better along with the materials used. The wranglers top is way better. It has channels for rain and the rear of the top has a flare to divert water from the back window. Just yesterday the bronco was letting rain drip in with window from the top. I expect the bronco to make improvements over the years to catch up with the wrangler. It just seems jeep has it all figured out already.

Sponsored

Monster1926

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One place that Ford really did a good job, is the color palette on the Bronco. The colors are really neat and cover a wide range. That metallic red is very nice and looks great next to the Rubicon which also looks great.
Thanks, they killed that red after just one year. Their new metallic red is really an orange. Just like their “cyber orange” is really a yellow. Jeep does a real good job cycling colors in and out. If they offered bikini on the 392 I know she’d have me order one. I think that’s a factor in the popularity of the wrangler/bronco plus the fact you can make it your own with the aftermarket.

shekmark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
The only way I’d consider a Bronco is If ford seriously revises the front suspension and offers a front Dana 30 or 44 option. But I seriously doubt they will ever do that. Until then, it’s nowhere near a competitor with the wrangler in any offroad sense.. just my opinion
The only reason I would want a Bronco over a Wrangler is because of the Broncos front suspension. with my off road adventures I have zero need for a solid axel . jeep is king for serious offroad.

Gladius Nova

First Name
Gladius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL
Every soft top Bronco I see has a wrinkled back side window. Poor fit?? It's so consistent on everyone I have seen it's almost like it's by design. Strange what grabs attention.
IKR...my wife's first comment when she saw one was "that soft top looks like shit!"...lol
Sponsored