Sponsored

Chevy’s Answer to the Ford Bronco and Jeep Wrangler

Concrete King

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Blazer- Bronco- Mustang- reportedly even suv “Corvettes” coming. Marketing has no Shame.
Chevrolet already did away with the Corvette. They now make a rear engine (or maybe it's rear mid-mounted, I don't know since I don't pay attention to it anymore) car that they named Corvette after killing off the Corvette.

And the Mustang is knocking on death's door with that stupid Mustang SUV/crossover thing whatever the heck it is... that's not a car any longer.

Recycling names obviously fools some people. Quite a lot of people. Some may say to me it's just a name and that my stance is foolish. Ok, if it's just a name tell Chevy and Ford to drop those names from those vehicles that they are no longer. Hmm, I wonder why they didn't do that. Because it's more than just a name.

I'm out on all of GM though after my Yukon XL experience. They wouldn't lemon law it. But that's a whole other conversation.
Sponsored

2nd 392

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee srt.V10 Dodge 4x
Chevrolet already did away with the Corvette. They now make a rear engine (or maybe it's rear mid-mounted, I don't know since I don't pay attention to it anymore) car that they named Corvette after killing off the Corvette.

And the Mustang is knocking on death's door with that stupid Mustang SUV/crossover thing whatever the heck it is... that's not a car any longer.

Recycling names obviously fools some people. Quite a lot of people. Some may say to me it's just a name and that my stance is foolish. Ok, if it's just a name tell Chevy and Ford to drop those names from those vehicles that they are no longer. Hmm, I wonder why they didn't do that. Because it's more than just a name.

I'm out on all of GM though after my Yukon XL experience. They wouldn't lemon law it. But that's a whole other conversation.
The govt killed ALL performance monikers in 1972, resurrection began ~25 years later when performance numbers although not good, reached respectability again. Feels like 1970 all over again. — a survivor facing a coming repeat. 🙁 75 Corvette had 165hp with a 205hp “performance :LOL:“ option, my 6cyl 54 had 155hp. 283hp in 57.

Last edited:

MadGerbil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
I hope Chevy puts out a competitive vehicle that takes about 20% of the Wrangler market.
Jeep clearly needs a bit of heat so they knock off silly $1800.00 LED packages.

A good @$$ whooping in the market is about due.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
I hope Chevy puts out a competitive vehicle that takes about 20% of the Wrangler market.
Jeep clearly needs a bit of heat so they knock off silly $1800.00 LED packages.

A good @$$ whooping in the market is about due.
Absolutely…the value proposition is not there with the wrangler. $800 for a front camera….geez. Too many unresolved issues and way over priced for what it is. That said, sales are still strong….

JINO

First Name
Jino
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 jlurd
It's obnoxious how badly they're blowing this. It's so damn easy.

Step 1: Stop calling that shitty soccer mom SUV a Blazer. Reclaim that name.
Step 2: Take the current Tahoe body design, shrink it down to fit on the new Colorado base
Step 3: Apply the ZR2 trim package
Step 4: Profit.

They'd sell the shit out of them.
I'd probably interested as well. I'd like to see one in diesel..

Sponsored

Jeepmojave85

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
So I actually have a Jackery "generator" and solar panel. It's great for powering my laptop, router, phone, emergency radios, desklight, and other small electronics. For everything else, I have a gas generator. Look up the energy density of gasoline vs lithium batteries (and there is no battery chemistry on the horizon that offers anything but a small incremental improvement over Li-ion). Tesla has better range than other EVs only because they use much larger batteries than almost everyone else (except Lucid, Rivian, and some of the new ultra high end Mercedes). There's no secret special technology, if you want more range you need bigger batteries, and batteries are the heaviest component in an EV. This won't change substantially over the next 5-7 years. Likewise, photovoltaics aren't going to offer a practical charging solution, even ordinary 120 VAC 20A is slow as shit, which is why Tesla superchargers are 480 VDC at 200-300A and still slower than pumping gas.
Yeah, 3 phase 480V is a shit ton of power lol. I’m an electrician and we’re installing them at grocery stores, they require a separate service for the chargers. Small correction though, they’re 3 phase 480VAC input and the output is 300-1000VDC.

Opus

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jlwranglerforums.com
Vehicle(s)
2023 Sport S, 2021 Compass
Build Thread
Link
Five pages in and we're still talking about a drawing... not a prototype, mind you... a drawing. A drawing that any 8th grader with a decent grasp of Vectorworks could have rendered... 🤔

MadGerbil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Five pages in and we're still talking about a drawing... not a prototype, mind you... a drawing. A drawing that any 8th grader with a decent grasp of Vectorworks could have rendered... 🤔
I think we in the Jeep community should be terrified.

Placing the spare in the cargo area behind the rear seats is just the kind of innovation this space needs.