Sponsored

Sold My Bronco...Back To a Wrangler.

DwnSth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 TJ : 2021 JLURD
Have an 02 TJ and a 21 JLURD. Braptor on order. The Bronco interior just doesn't seem as nice but as the OP said...the seats are way better. Will see how the Braptor is. Not a fan boy of either brand but do love my jeeps as well as my F150.
Sponsored

azwjowner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL; 2004 WJ (sold but never forgotten)
If you like your Bronco good for you, that’s all that matters.
I buy my Jeeps to be a Jeep and do Jeep things not to do Jeep things yet pretend to be a car. And they are my daily drivers And travelers etc. I likely put more miles on my Jeeps in a year then most People Will in the time they own their Vehicles.
As for the seats, well that’s subjective, what works for you doesn’t necessarily work for me. I don’t have a problem With the comfort of the Jeep seats while driving cross country ...
If both of you chilled, sold your vehicles, and bought WJ Grand Cherokees, you could have offroad capability and luxury that beats both the JL and Bronco (as long as you aren't measuring it by modern electronics) :LOL:

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Hard plastic everywhere in the Bronco with only a leather steering wheel shifter boot and gear knob, vs leather dash pad, arm rests, center console lid, shift boots, gear knob, steering wheel. And if you compare the non leather equipped wrangler there are still soft touch vinyl products in those locations. Even an available leather dash depending on model choice. And the metal highlight points on the steering wheel and dash. A lot of materials that are considered luxurious, vs a sea of hard plastic in the Bronco. Especially in the space in front of the passenger. And doesn't it still use the standard chimes that Ford has used since the 90s. I hate driving the F 250s at work because of that darn chime. The Wrangler left room for improvement, especially in the seats. But the Bronco really failed to impress. It like they thought that big screens would make up for the other short comings.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Hard plastic everywhere in the Bronco with only a leather steering wheel shifter boot and gear knob, vs leather dash pad, arm rests, center console lid, shift boots, gear knob, steering wheel. And if you compare the non leather equipped wrangler there are still soft touch vinyl products in those locations. Even an available leather dash depending on model choice. And the metal highlight points on the steering wheel and dash. A lot of materials that are considered luxurious, vs a sea of hard plastic in the Bronco. Especially in the space in front of the passenger. And doesn't it still use the standard chimes that Ford has used since the 90s. I hate driving the F 250s at work because of that darn chime. The Wrangler left room for improvement, especially in the seats. But the Bronco really failed to impress. It like they thought that big screens would make up for the other short comings.
Some statements here are off. The center console and armrests aren’t plastic but the marine grade vinyl. Really it’s the dash which while it would be nice to be “soft touch” the track record in other cars is that these can go overtime due to weather. Grand Cherokee in itself had issues with the leather rolling back on the dash. Give me a clean wipeable surface.

Just for a reference from an outspoken Jeep guy. 12:50 mark. Hits the nail on the head. Yes, there are some cheap plastics but where they put them aren’t in high volume touch points. Tons of modern vehicles have this now sadly.

Not saying work would allow this but if you truly hate the chimes and your F250s aren’t terribly old then you can change that in Forscan.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I’ve never owned a Ford, but already hate those chimes just from hearing it on YouTube videos.

Gawd, they are annoying...

Sponsored

Jtphoto

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Xtreme Recon Granite Crystal
Some statements here are off. The center console and armrests aren’t plastic but the marine grade vinyl. Really it’s the dash which while it would be nice to be “soft touch” the track record in other cars is that these can go overtime due to weather.
Lol vinyl is simply an upholstery version of plastic, it’s still plastic.

Bradley

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer
Lol vinyl is simply an upholstery version of plastic, it’s still plastic.
??? I’m not arguing the chemical composition of vinyl. The comment was that the armrests, center console and dash are all hard plastics which isn’t true.

To your point… most car manufactures don’t produce real “leather” anymore. Most leather interiors are a synthetic material that is made up of leather and plastic (vinyl). I’d also rather have marine grade vinyl vs a synthetic car leather in an off-road/top off vehicle. Ford leather sucks imho fwiw.
Sponsored