First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Rubicon 2D, with extra guacamole
Occupation
I'm often occupied, by many things, often at the same time
@CT_LFC There is a list of dealers selling below invoice. I ordered through a dealer offering 5% under invoice (almost 10% under MSRP/sticker). Sticker is $44,130; invoice is $$42,036 and the agreed upon price is $39,893
Sponsored

Traveller128

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Willys 2 Door 6 speed
Occupation
Volvo Master Technician
@CT_LFC There is a list of dealers selling below invoice. I ordered through a dealer offering 5% under invoice (almost 10% under MSRP/sticker). Sticker is $44,130; invoice is $$42,036 and the agreed upon price is $39,893
Congratulations! That's a good deal. Can't get that up here.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Just read that Ford is pushing back deliveries by several months. Some initial delivery dates of Jan and Feb are pushed to out to May, with little to no information why. They are holding already manufactured vehicles from being delivered to customers. Looks like Ford is having more issues with the Bronco, whether it's the soft top or electronics is anyone's guess at this point.

RobC2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Rubicon 2 Door
Just read that Ford is pushing back deliveries by several months. Some initial delivery dates of Jan and Feb are pushed to out to May, with little to no information why. They are holding already manufactured vehicles from being delivered to customers. Looks like Ford is having more issues with the Bronco, whether it's the soft top or electronics is anyone's guess at this point.
Nothing would surprise me at this point. I think a lot of this could have been overlooked if they kept the simple promise to deliver the vehicles based on something that roughly resembled the order of reservation. Resource constraints can't be helped, but when they decided to go to that wacky formula that gave some dealerships priority over others based on stuff like Bronco Sports sold instead of the number of actual Bronco orders, they pretty much lost me.

Compared to the 4XE I was driving at the time, the top of the line Bronco Wildtrak with leather that I sat in seemed vastly inferior, so there is also that. There are so many cool things about the Bronco that they got right on paper, but it just seems like a Fisher Price toy inside. From the sounds of it, it also seems to be a QC nightmare. I really need to drive one, but I am really in no rush anymore.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Exploding 2.7 EcoBusts are the latest on Bronco's growing list of issues.

This was posted on Bronco6G today:

"I can tell you that I've learned that there is now a hold on all 2.7's out of Lima [Ford plant] right now. My truck was built 2 weeks ago and went from est delivery in feb now pushed till may."

Last edited:
OP
OP
ChaseW

ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR
All, sorry for being MIA from this thread for almost a week, life's been crazy. To all of those that found my review helpful, I am glad you did so and hopefully it gives anyone comparing the two or waiting on a Bronco some insight.

I, too, have heard about more issues they are having with other elements of the Bronco, and after a few weeks, I do not miss mine. I'm glad the people on this thread that have Broncos are happy with them. While I am in the lotto for the Bronco Raptor as well, I also think it's a bit wild that they are hyping the Raptor up so much with so many unhappy customers that are still waiting on normal Broncos. Like I have previously stated and others , the supply chain challenges are very real and they are affecting every manufacturer. Ford's handling of it is an entirely different story, and it's really a shame. But so much for beating that horse dead...

On a positive note, got word today that my 392 XR is due into the dealer in a week or so, cannot wait to be back in a Jeep!

Thanks for an insightful review. Could you please buy a Land Rover Defender and post another review? :CWL:
HAHAHA that is precisely what I traded the Bronco on! I won't compare this to the Wrangler because frankly I think they are apples and oranges, but the Defender is extremely nice and I really really like it. Wife wants to keep it, but it will get traded in a week or two on the 392 unless she decides to trade her car instead. If it goes, we will do another one of these down the road.
Jeep Wrangler JL Sold My Bronco...Back To a Wrangler. 66492962994__C9A362B6-208D-46FF-97CB-AA4AF95A6B0E

OP
OP
ChaseW

ChaseW

First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Wrangler 392 XR
On a side note and out of curiosity, I've seen several comments on various threads where people mention having a current year Wrangler and ordering the very next year Wrangler. I know everyone's situation is unique but do you mind sharing why you are doing this? Trying to wrap my mind around why I've seem so many members do this.
Long story short: lower payment/cash in my pocket, better gearing.

Long story longer: The used car market is pretty crazy. If it continues for the next couple months, I can sell my 2021 Wrangler with 10k-ish miles for what I paid for it. My 2021 Wrangler was purchased at $500 under invoice, but since then I've found a dealer selling for 5% under invoice, which is about $1200 less than what I paid for my current Wrangler for the exact same thing (with one additional option, 4.88 gears).

Essentially I can replace what I have with a current year, no miles, 4.88 gears (not available in 2021) and "save" $1,000, depending on the used car market. I also have some equity already build up in my current vehicle, so I should be able to lower my payment or keep some of that equity for something else.
^ This.

roaniecowpony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 14 GMC 1500 CC All TERRAIN
Occupation
Retired Engineer
.... And the fact they use a transmission with a plastic pan is laughable .
I believe my 8 speed JLUR has a plastic pan and is pretty much unprotected.

Sponsored

MRW

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 392 JLUR, 2015 JKUR, 1986 CJ7...........
The SRT 6.4 crate engine in my old hemi swapped gladiator had the plastic pan too. I thought it quite odd. I sold it with about 15,000 miles on the swap and did not have any issues but I did not do any hard core off roading with it either.

Rodeoflyer

First Name
Bert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR; 2016 Ram Powerwagon
Vehicle Showcase
If you think the plastic 8 speed transmission pan is debatable, check out the oil pan on the 392.

That thing nearly drags the ground AND it's aluminum. First time I saw it I was like wth :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Sold My Bronco...Back To a Wrangler. 1643995667266

Sparty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Sold) 04 TJ, 21 JTR, 21 JLR
If you think the plastic 8 speed transmission pan is debatable, check out the oil pan on the 392.

That thing nearly drags the ground AND it's aluminum. First time I saw it I was like wth :)

Jeep Wrangler JL Sold My Bronco...Back To a Wrangler. 1643995667266
I think it's been updated to improve the clearance.

zrickety

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon 2DR 3.6L 6MT, VW 2.0T
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Technician
I threw my hat into the Bronco Raptor lottery since I have an unfilled reservation still. I may love it, I may hate it. either way I doubt I would have any issues selling it if needed to go back to a Wrangler. I really like my latest JLUR-D, but have always wanted a Ranger Raptor. Since the Ranger Raptor is not an option here yet, Bronco Raptor will have to do.

I have not decided if ill Sell my 2021 JLUR-D or not yet, I still may trade it for a Purple Rubicon XR if they offer that color soon, or may just keep it until the Ranger Raptor is out. I love all the choices we have right now as its no longer a 1 model show. As more trucks join the high performance market I would love to see Ram make a Dakota in a TRX form with the upcoming Turbo I-6. I would also jump on that in a heartbeat.
Was watching the new Raptor on CNET, it looks good.

AcesandEights

First Name
Aces
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation