Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Keep in mind the supply chain issues and Covid. This is likely to delay any real refresh, then add the high sales volume of the current model…
Supply issues and COVID haven’t delayed any other Jeep launch during the past two years. Compass refresh, all-new Grand Cherokee, all-new Wagoneer...they all happened right on schedule and without a hiccup.

C’mon, have some faith in Jeep; this isn’t Ford Motor Company... 😫

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
Refresh?? They need to fix the issues on hand first! The 8.4 screen that freezes, leaky 3.6, and horrible steering feel

Sponsored

NYJeepGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
My Magic 8-Ball is telling me the 2023 refresh might have...

Power steps
UConnect5
Upgraded interior
Additional side air bags
Redesigned Hard Top
Redesigned hard top? That one surprised me a bit. What’s wrong with the hard top?

Philly_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

Just throwing this out there as I was back home in Detroit for the holidays and a few of my old neighbors are pretty high up Stellantis engineers.

We had a few glasses of the brown stuff and naturally started talking Jeeps. Told them I ordered a new one and said I wish I could have waited for the mid model refresh. The immediate reply was, "you know what is gonna change for 2023? Not a d*** thing!" So basically that means no new power train or suspension goodies. We could still get a new interior design or colors, and obviously paint choices change, but he doesn't know of any major changes that I personally think would justify waiting. Couldn't even speak to Uconnect 5 so that's a maybe.

Now on the turbo i6 front, the plan is not currently for it to go straight into the Wrangler. It is allegedly going into the Grand Cherokee and some other things first and then I am assuming it will replace the 392, but there's no telling if it will ever make it into a two door. Also, this likely won't be until 2026/2027 when the JM or whatever they are calling the next gen is supposed to come out.

Same engineers also said we should expect to see IFS in the future, but probably not on a JL (expect 2026/2027).

Keep in mind, this is 100% subject to change. The original plan was to roll the JL out with IFS too, but the enthusiasts (us) outraged and they delayed it. If we do a good job we can fight it forever! 🤣

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
Redesigned hard top? That one surprised me a bit. What’s wrong with the hard top?
Water drips in from the rain rail when you open the door. That's a start. Maybe they will go modular for easier removal? I am hoping for removable side windows like the Orange Peelz concept.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
I doubt the 2023 JL will get a new six cylinder. The I-6 has been on-and-off for awhile.

My bet is we will see:
  1. Updated technology. Perhaps a larger 10-inch screen with the new Uconnect5 that was released on the new Grand Cherokee
  2. Upgraded interior design and materials. Every Jeep launched over the past two years has better quality materials, the new steering wheel, etc.
  3. New exterior colors and wheel designs
  4. Some options, like proximity locks and LEDs, made standard on certain trim levels
  5. New seats. I think there has been enough complaints from the press to give this some attention
  6. Hopefully improved steering feel. Ford has beat this one to death to justify Bronco having an IFS. To be fair, Jeep left itself totally exposed by launching JL with such terrible steering feel, and doing nothing about it for years
  7. I'd love to see removable quarter panels on the hardtop, similar to those on SOT
  8. A better auxiliary battery/ESS system. The current setup is garbage. Ninety percent of the issues people report with their JLs are related to this
  9. I can see Jeep offering a proper power accessory package like those being offered on fullsize pickups, to let JL owners plug in their air compressors, portable fridges and what not
I herd from someone in the know. They said about 40% of FCA warranty claims were ESS battery, charging related.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Water drips in from the rain rail when you open the door. That's a start. Maybe they will go modular for easier removal? I am hoping for removable side windows like the Orange Peelz concept.
It took Jeep 80 years to design a top that doesn’t leak. I doubt Jeep is going to follow Ford into that mess of a “modular” hardtop.

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
There are a few things that we know are going to happen. The Wrangler will get the Uconnect 5, and it will get the new inline engine. What we don't know is when either of these things are going to happen, or what else will happen along with those. I could see something similar to the JK refresh, where it got a new interior first, then the new drive train the next year. To this day I pitty anyone who bought a 2011 Wrangler.

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
I know that a supplier based 2km from my hometown is working on the new hard top sealings... An employee told me timeline is planned for 2024 / 2025... so I don't think that there will be a mid cycle refresh. They will build the JL as is it until the new model comes out, maybe fully electric on STLA frame platform and up to 800km electric reach.

gregus73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 2.0, 2021 Suburban Z71
Occupation
Stuff
I agree with the hard top. I do not see how they can improve upon it. Never leaks either. I remember my T-Tops in high school leaked all of the time…..

JayOntheMoon

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 wrangler unlimited willys(ordered)
I don’t believe there will be a new model in the next 2 years. Bronco is having issues now and jeep doesn’t really care. Heck they even raise their price on a large scale just now! Jeep needs to delete the notorious manual windows sport trim and set sport s to the same price with bronco base— problem solved. The 2.4l in Bronco performs similar to the 2.0l in jeep. The real deal $1800 option 2.7l v6 is having problems and only has 300ish hp/lb-ft… Very disappointing. See what that same 2.7 v6 can do in the F150. Other than that the only real better things bronco have arelarger screen and frameless doors, not a big deal though.
Sponsored