2023 refresh?

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
There are a few things that we know are going to happen. The Wrangler will get the Uconnect 5, and it will get the new inline engine. What we don't know is when either of these things are going to happen, or what else will happen along with those. I could see something similar to the JK refresh, where it got a new interior first, then the new drive train the next year. To this day I pitty anyone who bought a 2011 Wrangler.
Why? The 12ā€™s and 13ā€™s had horrible problems, the 11ā€™s were refined but with the underpowered minivan motor. Both still had the miserably geared auto transmission.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Supply issues and COVID havenā€™t delayed any other Jeep launch during the past two years. Compass refresh, all-new Grand Cherokee, all-new Wagoneer...they all happened right on schedule and without a hiccup.

Cā€™mon, have some faith in Jeep; this isnā€™t Ford Motor Company... šŸ˜«
Those designs were well on their way before Covid hit. Jeep is having trouble getting the parts they need to build the '22s with an existing design. Having to get a design tested and proven, then to retool for it is really asking quite a bit right now.

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
I herd from someone in the know. They said about 40% of FCA warranty claims were ESS battery, charging related.
This has been an issue for all the manufacturers.

Sponsored

jeepingib

First Name
Dusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' JLUR Punk'n
Occupation
Mechanic
Why? The 12ā€™s and 13ā€™s had horrible problems, the 11ā€™s were refined but with the underpowered minivan motor. Both still had the miserably geared auto transmission.
My 13 was worry free, but I had the 6 spd. The 12s did have some problems, but the 11 is a royal pain to find parts for and diagnose electrical problems. One single year of the new interior and body control module with the 3.6

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I for one am hoping for a 24' refresh done right in lieu of a rushed refresh in 23'...

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
My 13 was worry free, but I had the 6 spd. The 12s did have some problems, but the 11 is a royal pain to find parts for and diagnose electrical problems. One single year of the new interior and body control module with the 3.6
Ah you canā€™t get a good TIPM for any Jkā€™s these days. 11 was a good year.