2023 refresh?

ThatTXJeepGuy

First Name
allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW, Porsche, future wrangler owner
Has anyone heard any leaks or info on a potential refresh coming for the 2023 MY. I thought 2023 might be the model year for a refresh and possibly more changes to compete against the bronco, like maybe a turbo 6 engine and a 12 in display.

Been holding off on getting another wrangler to see what changes might come up cause planning on keeping it for a long time, but honestly miss having a wrangler and hitting some trails. So any hope for some 2023 refresh news coming up soon? Or is it time to just cave in and get a 2022?
Sponsored

AFD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JL Rubicon (2DR/V6)
I'm in the same boat and would much rather hold off to get a more powerful turbo i6, as long as they have it as a relatively reasonably priced option and available for 2-doors.

Would be nice if Jeep did an early 2023 refresh available sometime around summer or a little earlier (not sure how this works for every manufacturer, but noticed the Land Rover Defender was available to order in a 2023MY several months ago). Guess they could probably figure out a way to cram the new GME engine in a 2022, so maybe that could be an option for sometime this year?

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
My Magic 8-Ball is telling me the 2023 refresh might have...

Power steps
UConnect5
Upgraded interior
Additional side air bags
Redesigned Hard Top

Last edited:

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I doubt the 2023 JL will get a new six cylinder. The I-6 has been on-and-off for awhile.

My bet is we will see:
  1. Updated technology. Perhaps a larger 10-inch screen with the new Uconnect5 that was released on the new Grand Cherokee
  2. Upgraded interior design and materials. Every Jeep launched over the past two years has better quality materials, the new steering wheel, etc.
  3. New exterior colors and wheel designs
  4. Some options, like proximity locks and LEDs, made standard on certain trim levels
  5. New seats. I think there has been enough complaints from the press to give this some attention
  6. Hopefully improved steering feel. Ford has beat this one to death to justify Bronco having an IFS. To be fair, Jeep left itself totally exposed by launching JL with such terrible steering feel, and doing nothing about it for years
  7. I'd love to see removable quarter panels on the hardtop, similar to those on SOT
  8. A better auxiliary battery/ESS system. The current setup is garbage. Ninety percent of the issues people report with their JLs are related to this
  9. I can see Jeep offering a proper power accessory package like those being offered on fullsize pickups, to let JL owners plug in their air compressors, portable fridges and what not

Sponsored

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
I feel like the JL model is already very superior to the JK. I can't imagine Jeep doing a whole lot of physical changes to the interior/exterior without completely starting all over from scratch. So I don't think there would be any significance with this refresh besides the normal tweaks and small improvements from the current outgoing model in 2023.

Too many of you guys are still buying the current model of JL, which is allowing Jeep to focus more on other things like engines, than worrying about sale figures. If all of us stop buying Wranglers, then it would focus Jeep into making a new Wrangler again!

If Jeep was to announce anything this year, it would be "The Wrangler will now be able to come from the factory with 37s with our brand new Ulta Super Duper Off-Roading Xtreme deluxe package, for the low price of $10,000."

LarryB

First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sport 2 dr
Whether it is for 2023 or 2024, a mid-cycle refresh is coming. However, you may want to temper your expectations a bit. A few new color choices, sure … maybe a bit of nice materials inside, I can see that … but if you are expecting much else, you may be wishing for too much. As mentioned, no one wants to spend a lot of money on a redesign on a vehicle selling at record levels.

Sponsored

RAO

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU Sahara; 2022 JL Rubicon
Keep in mind the supply chain issues and Covid. This is likely to delay any real refresh, then add the high sales volume of the current model…

The Last Cowboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys 2 door
Occupation
Wandering Vaquero
Buy now. Trade after a new engine has been out for over a year and has no major issues that need to be ironed out. You can get new tech right now through the aftermarket.

tjklein

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
Keep in mind the supply chain issues and Covid. This is likely to delay any real refresh, then add the high sales volume of the current model…
I think this is spot on. We're about 15-18 months from supply chains getting back to normal. I would expect that to delay plans on vehicles that are continuing to sell well.

gato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
The only thing the JL needs in the interior to be competitive is wireless charging and wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto and maybe a larger screen.

On the exterior they desperately need a factory 37" tire package with beefier axles (Dana 50s) and a flat bottom skid plate system, with better shocks to control those tires - i.e. copy the Bronco Raptor.

On powerplant they need a mainstream 3.0T engine to complement the 2.0T.
Sponsored