2023 refresh?

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
Oh ok. I have non etorque. I havn't seen many complaints on here about the etorque tho.
I'm reading a ton about 4XE's having issues. People want to run to the newest flavor without giving it a chance to work it's tweaks out and be more reliable. It's still new tech
Sponsored

TangoRomeo7688

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2.2 Diesel
I still don't see Jeep doing anything major to the interior for the remainder of the JL generation. If they introduce UConnect 5, which I doubt will happen, they'll probably put a minimum amount of effort into making it fit or simply keep it as an 8" screen. With all the work Jeep did writing the software for the 4xe and the more frequent releases of general updates for UConnect 4 lately, I could see them keeping these units until the next Wrangler.

It's been said a billion times. The JK interior only got a redesign because Fiat publicly admitted it was garbage when they inherited it from Chrysler.

But if I'm wrong, then my name ain't Nathan Arizona!
I cannot imagine they will bring up UConnect5, cause I think UC5 won't work with JL periphery without major changes due to IPC, BCM at least.

2019RubiconNY

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Rubicon, 21 Willys, 22 Rubicon
SORRY but IMO, if I wanted a 392, I'd get a Hellcat or something and truly use the power and speed, and REALLY PUSH IT to perform. To have it in a jeep seems silly.

Sponsored

jmccorm

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineering
I cannot imagine they will bring up UConnect5, cause I think UC5 won't work with JL periphery without major changes due to IPC, BCM at least.
So it seems. Here's the press release from a year ago.

The Wrangler JL uses the PowerNet architecture for all it's CAN bus communications. According to the press release, uConnect5 uses the Atlantis architecture which replaces PowerNet. While it's possible that uConnect5 could be backwards-compatible, it seems unlikely.

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
My magic 8-ball says a fully loaded Wrangler will crest the $100,000 mark in 2026, without any appreciable improvement in reliability or joy of ownership.

Consider the old saying "A bird in hand is worth two in the bush". I'd say order one now and spend the next few years building it into your long-term friend. They're pretty fun now, life is short, you never know when a "refresh" is going to deliver a turd you don't want, and a substantial refresh always delays the accessories you want by another year or three..

Whaler27

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL, 2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Ecodiesel, 2005 Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Raptor, 2018 BMW R1200GSA, 2020 Honda Monkeybikes (2), 1972 Honda CT-70, 1980 Honda CT-70,
Occupation
Saving the world :-)
The only thing the JL needs in the interior to be competitive is wireless charging and wireless CarPlay/AndroidAuto and maybe a larger screen.

On the exterior they desperately need a factory 37" tire package with beefier axles (Dana 50s) and a flat bottom skid plate system, with better shocks to control those tires - i.e. copy the Bronco Raptor.

On powerplant they need a mainstream 3.0T engine to complement the 2.0T.
Most of this and better brakes can be accomplished today with better quality components than we'll ever get from Jeep -- and probably for less money than it would cost coming from Jeep as we approach double-digit inflation.
- I already have wireless charging via a phone mount attached to my 67 Designs system. It's rock solid and I can position my phone where I want it.
- My flat-bottom skid plate system was made by Artec -- covers everything in super-hard and slippery aluminum at a net weight gain of only 10 pounds
- I run 37" tires with only a MOPAR lift. Add some Falcon shocks and VOILA!
- A regear and axel swap is on the near horizon; I'm not rock crawling with 400 hp, so I don't need Dana 50s
- I just installed Alcon Brakes. Still bedding them in, but the difference is already noticeable. (Jeep has never valued braking as much as I do, and I don't expect that to change -- because Jeep consumers don't value brakes - even here).

I'd love the improved range that comes with improved fuel economy, but it's also nice to have an engine that's been around long enough to inspire confidence.

I've had my 2019 for just under three years, and I've been pouring money into it at a crazy rate -- and I'm still behind the cost curve of the newly emerging latest wranglers. Assuming inflation doesn't climb over 7%, and I think that's optimistic, one more year could turn a $65,000 MSRP into $69,550, and another year after that it's $74,418. I'd rather be selecting and buying the components I want now, because I know I'm making better choices than the Jeep marketing team.

If you have the money to pay tomorrow's jeep prices today, you're better off finding the color you want and taking your new Jeep to a great shop, like Lyft Offroad in Glenwood, Colorado, and asking them to build your dream jeep. (They're always working on a couple $200,000 dream Jeeps for Aspen billionaires, but they do lower cost builds for regular folks too.)

Sponsored

blueweb

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'04 TJ Rubicon, '22 4xe Rubicon
SORRY but IMO, if I wanted a 392, I'd get a Hellcat or something and truly use the power and speed, and REALLY PUSH IT to perform. To have it in a jeep seems silly.
That is the point. It is silly. Jeep did it because why the hell not.

Hearhear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus, 392 XR Wrangler
Yeah, I'm going to miss that.
I know, I do miss it on my 392. There's just a lot of music you can't get on I-Tunes and I have a killer CD collection. I guess I'll have to hunt around for a plug-in portable CD player, but they never seem to be as good as the factory installed ones.

Bryce

First Name
Bryce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I know, I do miss it on my 392. There's just a lot of music you can't get on I-Tunes and I have a killer CD collection. I guess I'll have to hunt around for a plug-in portable CD player, but they never seem to be as good as the factory installed ones.
Take the time to rip them all to a usb flash drive drive and don't look back.
Sponsored