First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
Picked up my 2021 Rubicon on Oct. 3rd. It has the new steering gear box and it doesn't have any dead spot in the steering but it's very unpredictable at speeds over 45 MPH, it's hard to keep in the lane at 70+ and the steering feels loose. It wanders quite a bit. Super sensitive to grooves in the road or uneven roads. It responds when I turn the wheel it's just as if it needs a stiffer steering stabilizer or the toe is out. Anyone else have this issue on a 2021? Think I'm going to take it and have it looked at and maybe order a Falcon stabilizer or the Fox 2.0 adjustable ATS. Anyone have any reviews of either of those on here?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rubicon_10

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2-door 6 speed Rubicon JL
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my 2021 Rubicon on Oct. 3rd. It has the new steering gear box and it doesn't have any dead spot in the steering but it's very unpredictable at speeds over 45 MPH. It seems and hard to keep in the lane at 70+ and the steering feels loose. It wanders quite a bit. Super sensitive to grooves in the road or uneven roads. It responds when I turn the wheel it's just as if it needs a stiffer steering stabilizer or the toe is out. Anyone else have this issue on a 2021? Think I'm going to take it and have it looked at and maybe order a Falcon stabilizer or the Fox 2.0 adjustable ATS. Anyone have any reviews of either of those on here?
I feel the same about mine.

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Picked up my 2021 Rubicon on Oct. 3rd. It has the new steering gear box and it doesn't have any dead spot in the steering but it's very unpredictable at speeds over 45 MPH. It seems and hard to keep in the lane at 70+ and the steering feels loose. It wanders quite a bit. Super sensitive to grooves in the road or uneven roads. It responds when I turn the wheel it's just as if it needs a stiffer steering stabilizer or the toe is out. Anyone else have this issue on a 2021? Think I'm going to take it and have it looked at and maybe order a Falcon stabilizer or the Fox 2.0 adjustable ATS. Anyone have any reviews of either of those on here?
Steering stabilizer not the problem, likely you just need more caster. Rubis are low from factory due to their increase in ride height.

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Steering stabilizer not the problem, likely you just need more caster. Rubis are low from factory due to their increase in ride height.
I installed the longer Mopar lower control arms which increased the caster from 4+ to 6+. That really improved the straight line tracking.

Later,
Johnny

hoag4147

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR
Vehicle Showcase
I installed the longer Mopar lower control arms which increased the caster from 4+ to 6+. That really improved the straight line tracking.

Later,
Johnny
Also check tire pressure.

Sponsored

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon EcoDiesel (11th Jeep)
Occupation
Retired CFO. Mayo Clinic volunteer.
Everything that I've read says you have a caster problem due to too short LCAs. I have the same issue and, after a lot of research (on here), I'm installing adjustable lower control arms.

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
Welcome to the freaking club.

OP
OP
chadk77

chadk77

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TJ, 2021 JLURubicon
Build Thread
Link
My 04' TJ drives better on the highway than this thing does. Pretty frustrating having a $60K Wrangler and the wife not wanting to drive it on the highway because of this. Guess I'll look into some front control arms.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
My 04' TJ drives better on the highway than this thing does. Pretty frustrating having a $60K Wrangler and the wife not wanting to drive it on the highway because of this. Guess I'll look into some front control arms.
First step is the measure your caster (3rd link). If it's less than 6 degrees, you may have the solution to your wandering:

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/big-driving-improvement-after-lca-swap.54439/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/mopar-lca-swap.22474/

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-rubicon-caster-measure.25691/

Last edited:

Sponsored

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Hawkian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon
I have 2021 JLUR with 500 miles and have not experienced this problem.

SlowPoke21

First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I have a 2021 JLUR as well. I also feel that it does not track well at high speeds. Wife noticed it too.

rickinAZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have 2021 JLUR with 500 miles and have not experienced this problem.
Mine is lifted by 2" in the front. The Rubicon is already caster-challenged compared to the Sport/Sahara, and the lift just amplifies that.
Sponsored