Wandering Jeep, need help!

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
Lots of threads. I’m suffering from the same issue. No fix as of yet. I’m thinking about replacing the steering box with something better than OEM, but haven’t found any options yet (mind you, started looking today).
there is a new system out that replaces it all, it's not electronic, only hydraulic, looks very promising. They have four new kits at PSC. https://www.pscmotorsports.com/
Sponsored

gpoverland

First Name
Devon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
there is a new system out that replaces it all, it's not electronic, only hydraulic, looks very promising. They have four new kits at PSC. https://www.pscmotorsports.com/
I saw those, and read a ton about the company. Cool stuff, and great rep in the community. Might give it a try, but have a few other things to tackle first. Thanks for the link.

OP
OP
Amuller08

Amuller08

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
Occupation
MB Technician
@dannko
Yea The dealer doesn’t know what there doing apparently. After comparing two JLs back and forth, checking joints and stuff, I found the ball joint on the drag link has a bunch of play.

I actually ordered upgraded everything, draglink, tie rod, track bar, and adjustable lower control arms. So hopefully once all that comes in and I align it it will be good to go and I get can my wheels and tires on!

OP
OP
Amuller08

Amuller08

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
Occupation
MB Technician
@dannko i also looked at the PSC stuff, but all that stuff looks real expensive, but definitely an option if it’s still sloppy.

dannko

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JL Unlimited
@dannko i also looked at the PSC stuff, but all that stuff looks real expensive, but definitely an option if it’s still sloppy.
I finally got around to the steering box screw, and that was the biggest improvement so far, it is almost there now. Drives like it should. My assumption is the factory is not adjusting these correctly.

californiajeeping

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR
Find another JL in the dealers lot that doesn't have the steering problem then show it to the same people. Tell them yours should drive as the one from the lot.
Sponsored