Tazer JL Mini

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
i am having a few issues with my Tazer JL Mini, and to be honest, the “tech support” text line is next to useless. You would think that with a +$300 purchase you’d be able to speak with someone.

With TurnCam enabled I have 2 issues.

1. After completing a phone call on vehicle Bluetooth, the radio always reverts to FM radio as opposed to XM. There is also a 10-15 second pause in between the time the call is finished and the radio resumes.

2. When the turn signal is deactivated during a phone call and the UConnect switches back to radio/phone, the volume reverts back to “7”, making it nearly inaudible.

The issue of the temperature reading 106° when it is 40° outside seems corrected.
Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
What software version are you on?

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@VGxHC

Not sure what you think "tech support" would be able to do for you...

The issues you are mentioning are known issues and have been reported here since August 2018 when final release firmware, 11.06, first offered Turn Cam as a Live Feature. There are multiple posts commenting on the issues you mention.

Joe at ZAutomotive is aware of these issues. Will the issues, still be issues when a new final release firmware (11.0.8) is released .... well, only time will tell.

Myself and other's here, either deal with Turn Cams current hiccups, or we just don't use that feature.

I LOL at your +$300 comment ..

Personally, I would rather see Joe programming his ass off, versus sitting on the phone talking to guys about....... or him hanging here on the forum.

I want Joe, programming , programming and fixing glitches versus yapping on the phone, etc..

Actually, Joe has commented here, that his text support is via text messages or emails and for just the reason I state..... he needs to be programming and not yapping on the phone. He can't program if he is on the phone or his programming is being interrupted by phone calls.

Sure he could hire guys to yak on the phone and ... but then your +$300 would be say +$700...

OP
OP
VGxHC

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
@VGxHC

Not sure what you think "tech support" would be able to do for you...

The issues you are mentioning are known issues and have been reported here since August 2018 when final release firmware, 11.06, first offered Turn Cam as a Live Feature. There are multiple posts commenting on the issues you mention.

Joe at ZAutomotive is aware of these issues. Will the issues, still be issues when a new final release firmware (11.0.8) is released .... well, only time will tell.

Myself and other's here, either deal with Turn Cams current hiccups, or we just don't use that feature.

I LOL at your +$300 comment ..

Personally, I would rather see Joe programming his ass off, versus sitting on the phone talking to guys about....... or him hanging here on the forum.

I want Joe, programming , programming and fixing glitches versus yapping on the phone, etc..

Actually, Joe has commented here, that his text support is via text messages or emails and for just the reason I state..... he needs to be programming and not yapping on the phone. He can't program if he is on the phone or his programming is being interrupted by phone calls.

Sure he could hire guys to yak on the phone and ... but then your +$300 would be say +$700...

With all of this programming Joe does, why has it taken 6 months to address a wide spread issue?

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@VGxHC

Look you could have come here like other Tazer JL owner's and engage other Tazer user's in a conversation lets say.

You could have come here asking for help and or asking if your issues were know.

You chose to come here and whine/complain.

Geeez, you don't even have a clue what firmware version you are using..

I'd say 99% of Tazer JL owner's appreciate Joe's programming ... his efforts. The JL is a new kinda animal and Joe is trying to, tame it lets say. To do this taming it takes time... lots of time.. Thus far he has been doing a hell of a job and most here are appreciative.

Enough said, I will not get into more of a back and forth with you.

Suggest, If you are not happy with the Tazer JL... with ZAutomotive, sell your Tazer JL.

OP
OP
VGxHC

VGxHC

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLU
@VGxHC

Look you could have come here like other Tazer JL owner's and engage other Tazer user's in a conversation lets say.

You could have come here asking for help and or asking if your issues were know.

You chose to come here and whine/complain.

Geeez, you don't even have a clue what firmware version you are using..

I'd say 99% of Tazer JL owner's appreciate Joe's programming ... his efforts. The JL is a new kinda animal and Joe is trying to, tame it lets say. To do this taming it takes time... lots of time.. Thus far he has been doing a hell of a job and most here are appreciative.

Enough said, I will not get into more of a back and forth with you.

Suggest, If you are not happy with the Tazer JL... with ZAutomotive, sell your Tazer JL.

While I appreciate your wealth of knowledge, you are by far the biggest condescending asshole on this forum.

PaPasJP

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
With all of this programming Joe does, why has it taken 6 months to address a wide spread issue?
I would think it isn't an easy fix.

Do you program?

Roky

First Name
Roky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Hey joe@zauto and the fanboys, I wanna go the other direction here, I just loaded the latest version 11.0.7h, it works great, love the changes you made, and for me at least, I think you’re doing a great job with this. What you’ve come up with here is hands down the best programmer out there, so here’s to you :beer: my friend, and thanks!​

Jeepjunkie

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
Vehicle Showcase
The Tazer is terrific. Even if just for the tire changes alone, it’s great.

My ‘05 Rubicon needs a hard wired box to correct for tire size that cost $100 back in the day (rubicon 241 transfer cases didn’t use the plastic gears non-rubicon’s did). I got no light show, no line lock, no updates, no 0-60 timer, just speed correction.

Hats off to the Tazer developer, you made the Jeep world a better place.

Sponsored

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Okay, this made me laugh! :CWL:
rhinebeck01.jpg

alrola

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JLUR
I bought the taser mini and love it. It does many awesome things. The tire size change alone (since the dealer apparently can't measure things) and the ss and auto park kill are worth the cost of it alone.
I am in the last "official" version. The Beta sounds cool but I am afraid to download beta versions. Is it working for those of you who downloaded ? I love the significant less power draw.
Any thoughts ?

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I bought the taser mini and love it. It does many awesome things. The tire size change alone (since the dealer apparently can't measure things) and the ss and auto park kill are worth the cost of it alone.
I am in the last "official" version. The Beta sounds cool but I am afraid to download beta versions. Is it working for those of you who downloaded ? I love the significant less power draw.
Any thoughts ?
I ran daily voltage checks using 11.06 firmware and had zero issues with my Tazer JL

gofastguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubi 2019 WK Trailhawk 2015 Mustang GT
TPMS warnings are bugging me and I was looking at the low priced Tazer to solve. I would assume that the TPMS adjustment would do away with the warning light as well as fix how the dash screen goes to the tire pressure display upon startup. Can anyone confirm this?

Also, I am not someone who enjoys or is able to figure out technical glitches. Is it realistic to plug in and make changes and forget it's there until it needs removed to visit the dealer??
Sponsored