Tazer JL Mini Issues

JeepinJason33

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6 with Etorque - just starting build. 2019 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2001 XJ mild build, 97 TJ supercharged, Atlas, cage, 1 tons, OBA etc. 83 Cherokee Chief Restored
The replacement Tazer that they sent me was not married and worked fine right out of the box. Not sure if they just sent me a new one or not, but it was plug and play as advertised. I am not sure how they test the refurbished units, but whatever the process was, it did not work for the one they sent me. Love the product, just not sure I would take the chance on a refurbished unit if you are on a timeline like I was.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
The replacement Tazer that they sent me was not married and worked fine right out of the box. Not sure if they just sent me a new one or not, but it was plug and play as advertised. I am not sure how they test the refurbished units, but whatever the process was, it did not work for the one they sent me. Love the product, just not sure I would take the chance on a refurbished unit if you are on a timeline like I was.
Great news!

I just installed a new unit. Installation went smooth but you need to make sure you follow the installation guide to the very details else you can end with issues.

I am not sure if I am going to leave it plugged in. Thus far I only changed the tire pressure limit to 25Psi and changed the wheel size to 32.67

JeepinJason33

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon V6 with Etorque - just starting build. 2019 Grand Cherokee SRT, 2001 XJ mild build, 97 TJ supercharged, Atlas, cage, 1 tons, OBA etc. 83 Cherokee Chief Restored
I purchased the extended cable to make it easier to unplug. Only reason I see to unplug it is for dealer service visits.

JeepinJason33

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not so much about the dealership knowing you have a Tazer as it is about the dealership flashing your vehicle for an update or something with the Tazer in there. The extension looks factory, it is just easier to get to. I tuck mine up behind the panel below the steering wheel. They would not notice it unless they had to take that panel off. I believe they do updates through the OBD II port and not these ports.

Advertisement

Morris 4x4 Center

Advertisement