Sponsored

Tazer JL Mini Issues

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2021 GCL, 1997 TJ, 1983 Chief FSJ
Clubs

The replacement Tazer that they sent me was not married and worked fine right out of the box. Not sure if they just sent me a new one or not, but it was plug and play as advertised. I am not sure how they test the refurbished units, but whatever the process was, it did not work for the one they sent me. Love the product, just not sure I would take the chance on a refurbished unit if you are on a timeline like I was.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon 3.6 8-speed Auto
The replacement Tazer that they sent me was not married and worked fine right out of the box. Not sure if they just sent me a new one or not, but it was plug and play as advertised. I am not sure how they test the refurbished units, but whatever the process was, it did not work for the one they sent me. Love the product, just not sure I would take the chance on a refurbished unit if you are on a timeline like I was.
Great news!

I just installed a new unit. Installation went smooth but you need to make sure you follow the installation guide to the very details else you can end with issues.

I am not sure if I am going to leave it plugged in. Thus far I only changed the tire pressure limit to 25Psi and changed the wheel size to 32.67

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

I purchased the extended cable to make it easier to unplug. Only reason I see to unplug it is for dealer service visits.

Sponsored

JeepinJason33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Clubs

It is not so much about the dealership knowing you have a Tazer as it is about the dealership flashing your vehicle for an update or something with the Tazer in there. The extension looks factory, it is just easier to get to. I tuck mine up behind the panel below the steering wheel. They would not notice it unless they had to take that panel off. I believe they do updates through the OBD II port and not these ports.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just updated my Tazer Mini with the latest firmware version 11.2.7

I did the unmarry, update, marry, reboot and sleep cycles according to the instructions. The TPMS screen 2 is no longer displaying. I checked the settings and TPMS is selected as yes. I did another reboot and sleep cycles with no luck.

I unmarried the Tazer Mini JL and reverted back to the previous firmware version 11.2.5, I went through the whole procedure again but still no luck on the TPMS Screen 2 reappearing.

I am not sure what to do next and will appreciate some advice.

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Sponsored

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a question - If you marry the Tazer JL Mini and do not change any settings, do you still have to do a full reboot and at least two sleep cycles?

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Just a question - If you marry the Tazer JL Mini and do not change any settings, do you still have to do a full reboot and at least two sleep cycles?
No. Full reboot and 2 sleep cycles are only needed if changes are made to vehicle settings.

Also, just to clarify, the Tazer does not need to be unmarried to perform a firmware update unless a Mac is being used.

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The instructions for the two sleep cycles after the full reboot does not make sense to me or I am not reading it correctly.

The instructions for the sleep cycles states:

"Turn the ignition off, close the drivers door and wait about 60 seconds after the dash goes dark, turn the ignition on (But do not start the engine). Do this twice."

My confusion is with the statement "close the drivers door". - The door is not open because I am inside the vehicle with the door already closed. I interpreted this statement as "Open and close the drivers door"

Also the statement "Turn the ignition on (But do not start the engine)" - I interpreted this statement as turn the ignition to the run mode but do not put your foot on the brake (To prevent the engine starting).

Am I correct with my two interpretations as mentioned above.

Pic

Jeep Wrangler JL Tazer JL Mini Issues 5C5B4F4A-B060-49D6-84F3-3398D2E21068

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

SilverSurfer

First Name
Heinrich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you so much for your help, I highly appreciate it.

If you ever visit South Africa I will take you for a safari game drive at the Addo National Park in the Eastern Cape in South Africa.
Sponsored