First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
I'm looking for a little help.

I had the RC 2.5" spacer lift installed about a month ago (local
dealership). Prior to installation my jeep pulled a little to the right. My jeep was supposed to have an alignment after the lift installation. So, I figured it would be taking care of after the lift install. I made it know when I checked into the dealership.

When I picked up the jeep it pulls harder to the right and the steering wheel is not centered (tilted to the right). I'm not convinced an alignment was performed after lift installation... but water under the bridge.

The dealership did an alignment today and I have the same problem. When I got my alignment paperwork it shows the steering wheel's off and the rear thrust angle if out as well.

The wheel not being straight is frustrating, but at I'm pretty sure it's a simple fix... if the dealership would actually do it.

Any thoughts on the thrust angle and right pull?

Bad tire? (considering a rotation to rule that out)
Different shop to perform an alignment?
Ect....

IMG_5637.JPG
Sponsored

Jeepsterfreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Future JLU
I'm looking for a little help.

I had the RC 2.5" spacer lift installed about a month ago (local
dealership). Prior to installation my jeep pulled a little to the right. My jeep was supposed to have an alignment after the lift installation. So, I figured it would be taking care of after the lift install. I made it know when I checked into the dealership.

When I picked up the jeep it pulls harder to the right and the steering wheel is not centered (tilted to the right). I'm not convinced an alignment was performed after lift installation... but water under the bridge.

The dealership did an alignment today and I have the same problem. When I got my alignment paperwork it shows the steering wheel's off and the rear thrust angle if out as well.

The wheel not being straight is frustrating, but at I'm pretty sure it's a simple fix... if the dealership would actually do it.

Any thoughts on the thrust angle and right pull?

Bad tire? (considering a rotation to rule that out)
Different shop to perform an alignment?
Ect....

IMG_5637.JPG
Could the thrust angle be due to the lift needing track bar adjustment?

Also your caster angle is low most likely due to lift.

Adjust the drag link to center the steering wheel.

OP
OP
Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Also your caster angle is low most likely due to lift. -probably

Adjust the drag link to center the steering wheel.-understood

Thank you

Shenanigans

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubi
Sounds like you need adjustable links to solve the thrust issue.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Has anyone installed adjustable track bars to fix the thrust angle with success in a JL
with the RC spacer lift?

Jkohler

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl rubicon 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 ram 3500
Track bar isn't going to fix thrust angle. You would need adjustable upper and lower arms in the rear. It's saying your front and rear axles aren't parrell to each other.

OP
OP
Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Track bar isn't going to fix thrust angle. You would need adjustable upper and lower arms in the rear. It's saying your front and rear axles aren't parrell to each other.
Thank you

Khsonic03

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR

ZeroTrev

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Mine is exactly the same, I got the Mopar lift and it pulls, heavily sometimes, to the right. Dealership told me it's due to larger tires and the lift makes me feel it more... They did an alignment and everything was good.

Swapped my tires left to right to see if that was it but also, it still happens.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
I've had a similar issue since new. My Jeep (sport) has always pulled to the right and I'm always having to steer a bit to the left. I installed Rubicon suspension, and the RC spacer lift and it still pulls the same amount to the right. I haven't yet been to the dealer to have them look into it. I asked after a few hundred miles to check alignment but was told they won't look at it til 500 miles. I have yet to be back to the dealer I purchased from and I now have just over 8000 miles with the same pull.

OP
OP
Peanut Butter

Peanut Butter

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL?
Mine is exactly the same, I got the Mopar lift and it pulls, heavily sometimes, to the right. Dealership told me it's due to larger tires and the lift makes me feel it more... They did an alignment and everything was good.

Swapped my tires left to right to see if that was it but also, it still happens.
I've had a similar issue since new. My Jeep (sport) has always pulled to the right and I'm always having to steer a bit to the left. I installed Rubicon suspension, and the RC spacer lift and it still pulls the same amount to the right. I haven't yet been to the dealer to have them look into it. I asked after a few hundred miles to check alignment but was told they won't look at it til 500 miles. I have yet to be back to the dealer I purchased from and I now have just over 8000 miles with the same pull.
If you get it corrected, let me know.

MadDog27

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tacoma
Vehicle Showcase
I too am experiencing a pull to the right. I am running 34s with a 2.5 spacer lift from RC. It didn’t come with any track bar correction and am wondering if I need to get one. Would off centered axles cause a pull? I’m not concerned with the look per say as I don’t even notice, but I do notice a pull. Would it help if I got an adjustable TB? If so, which would benefit more, front bar or rear? I’d imagine both but if you had to start with replacing one, which would it be?

Upnarms

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2003 TJ X
I have a new 2019 JLUR I got about 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, on the 5 minute test drive I didn't notice the issue as I was focused on other things like engine transmission all the bells and whistles. I notice driving it the next couple days it tracks right all the time. Have to constantly give it some left steer to counter it.

Took it to the dealer with around 100 miles or less on it. All stock, no upgrades yet- fortunately. They check alignment, state it is dead on. They cross rotate tires, no change. They replaced the new track bar with a new one. Still pulls. Then it goes to Chrysler tech support to determine what to do next. I bring it back the next week. They do "some tests". They say they loosened all suspension components then re-tightened to see if that fixed it. Nope. They want to install eccentric cam bolts next- but that requires them drilling out/ elongating the control arm holes! So my alignment is dead on and they want to drill into the frame of my new JLUR! Besides, that would be throwing my Jeep OUT of alignment intentionally to counteract whatever is actually causing the right steer/ pull! I dont think so. At least the one positive thing right now is they admit there is an issue. Dealership has been good so far (Airpark Jeep in Scottsdale) but dealing with Chrysler tech support sounds like its gonna be a nightmare. Dealer said each time they do what they are told, its hours before they hear back from them to get the next step. Well, 4 attempts at fixing something qualifies it as a lemon in AZ, so I guess 2 more tries Chrysler and its lemon time.

I am so bummed out! I have a 2003 TJ and had a 2018 JK before this one. Was super excited to get a Rubicon and then this happens. Im not an expert, but I suspect this new electronic assist steering is somehow involved in the issue. Who knows. Ive already opened a case with Jeep Cares for what it's worth.
Sponsored