Sponsored

Pull to right, not an alignment issue. Then what?

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
Did you try driving without it on? You've had the pull since day 1?

Mine has pulled to the right since day one but for me it's just the crown of the roads I drive on. Its annoying but not something I can fix.
So the dealer replaced a gear in the steering box and did an alignment. Also rotated the front tires. Went home and re installed the oem stabilizer and it drove really well! With all the repairs and the aev stabilize it still pulled hard to the right. Feel like that made it worse and now everything is pretty spot on!
Sponsored

LuckyShooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR
So the dealer replaced a gear in the steering box and did an alignment. Also rotated the front tires. Went home and re installed the oem stabilizer and it drove really well! With all the repairs and the aev stabilize it still pulled hard to the right. Feel like that made it worse and now everything is pretty spot on!
Awesome to the AEV Stabilizer was the culprit here? I have an upgraded to a fox steering stabilizer and had an Extreme pull to the right, swapped it out and was good again(well as good as a jeep can be).

Walter_Mustang

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep JL Willys Sport 4 door
Awesome to the AEV Stabilizer was the culprit here? I have an upgraded to a fox steering stabilizer and had an Extreme pull to the right, swapped it out and was good again(well as good as a jeep can be).
It pulled to the right before the new stabilizer...got worse when it was installed. Still believed something was up with the steering box or the alignment. After all those issues were resolved...the AEV steering stabilizer is so stiff and strong so it pushed the steering to the right. If i had a lift and or heavy duty suspension, bigger tires...I believe the steering stabilizer would be beneficial. Not in this case. Fixing the gear in the steering box and adjusting the tow...along with the oem stabilizer...the steering is way better and straight....cant control the slope's of the roads. The jeep doesnt want to immediately take off right even at low speeds. My Mojave handles the AEV stabilizer just fine without any issues...it has heavy duty axles and suspension....and 35' tires.

Dfideth

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6 Sarge
Occupation
Crane Tech
About a week ago my 2021 JL (4900 mi) developed a pronounced pull to the right which has my dealer perplexed. With the wheel on center it goes to the right… on crowned and flat surfaces. Never left. Requires constant left correction. It had not done this to anywhere near this extent until the past week.

The dealer agreed it is pulling to the right, but checked the alignment on two different machines and both show it well within spec. Steering box would be the upgraded one as it’s a 2021. They also rotated the tires twice to see if it follows them, but that did not help the condition.

They said they will do a deeper dive, but I was wondering if there is anything I should suggest. They fee that it could be a bent suspension piece but that seems unlikely to me with the alignment ok.

any ideas? Thanks!
I had a pull to the right that I had the dealer check twice. I wanted it fixed before adding lift and 37s.
I decided not to wait and install my Clayton 2.5 Overlander lift and 37" tires. Damn thing drives straight as an arrow. I can let got of the steering wheel above 65 mph.
I suspect it may have been the tire/tires. Lol, dealers first fix was to put 40lbs of air in all the tires.
I hope this helps.
Sponsored