Sponsored

Battery issue/No start after an alignment…

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Took my Jeep in for a second alignment after it showed it was drifting to the right yesterday at a local tire shop known for working on off-road vehicles. Was told it was due to the larger tires, 37’s, and the lane departure camera on the windshield.. I explained the Jeep doesn’t have lane departure and that it was for the adaptive cruise control. He was convinced and said he would check some things out. Twenty minutes later he drives the Jeep out and tells me to take it to the dealer to have the steering calibrated. I drive home no problem.

Fast forward to this morning, I unlock and jump in the Jeep and it tells me the fob isn’t in the vehicle. I pull the fob out of my pocket and hold it close to the ignition and press it to start. My dash goes whacky and tells me the vehicle is in not in park and to get the power steering serviced. I could not get it to the Off position and disconnected the battery.

I call and speak with the gentleman about the problem and he tells me he ran a diagnostic on the steering via whatever OBD (unknown) tool they use. He didn’t tell me that yesterday when I got my vehicle back.

Coordinating for a tow to my local dealership tomorrow morning and hoping they can get it in and figure it out.

In the meantime, anyone have any thoughts/suggestions to what it might be?
Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@3VOLVE

When you talk to the dealership, I would not give them all the history.... what you mentioned here. Just tell them it acted up this morning out of the blue. No reason dealer needs the history and they may/could use it against you..

Your JL, MUST be flat bedded to the dealer. Do not tow it there.

Under Warranty....Call FCA Road Service at Ph. 1-800-992-1997 and tell them you need it taken to dealership.. you are broken down.

They will arrange for and they will pay for, the trip to the nearest dealership. Must be nearest dealer or you will end up being billed for the flat bed.

You MUST specifically tell the agent that answers, that the owner's manual says Flat Bed only or you may very well not have a flat bed truck show up. Anyway, do not tow it, Flatbed it.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@3VOLVE

Could just be a battery(2) related issue. The shop may have run down the batteries with all their doing this and that with your JL. Depleted battery(2) will/can cause symptoms such as you mention.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@3VOLVE

IF you cannot get the JL out of park to get it on the flat bed, follow the instr. below:
Jeep Wrangler JL Battery issue/No start after an alignment… zzz.JPG

Sponsored

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@3VOLVE

No offense ... but my guess is you do not know how to disconnect the 2 batteries so you have total 12v power kill... See below for how to do if you do not know....
Jeep Wrangler JL Battery issue/No start after an alignment… Jeep power disconnect

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@3VOLVE

I seriously doubt your JL needed/needs an "alignment". You need to find a different shop!
Sponsored